Project Co-ordinator, Construction
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Toronto (Downtown), ON, CANADA;
Job Category: Industrial Construction; Project Management and Co-ordination; Property Management
Job Industry: Real Estate and Property Management
Job Career Level: Experienced
Year(s) of Experience: 5 (not mandatory but considered an asset)
Number Of Positions: 1
Date Posted: August 27, 2013
Title: PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR, CONSTRUCTION
Location: TORONTO, ONTARIO
Closing Date: Friday, September 13, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have an exciting opportunity that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
Granite REIT is a Canadian-based REIT engaged in the ownership and management of predominantly industrial properties in North America and Europe. Granite owns approximately 30 million square feet in 108 rental income properties. Our tenant base currently includes Magna International Inc. and its operating subsidiaries as our largest tenants, together with tenants from other industries.
Reporting to the Vice President, Construction, North America the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Project Co-ordinator. The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee a variety of associated complex administrative, fiscal and project management activities, which require intermediate knowledge and skills such as budget administration and cost control, contract administration, record keeping and database management.
- Assist in the preparation of project scopes and of annual budgets for projects.
- Preparation of project start-up and development of projects from a project concept to tender phase.
- Design/Consultant selection hiring and manage design development.
- Project tendering and tender analysis.
- Review all project drawings and make recommendations on changes, have the ability to assemble tender packages.
- Construction contract award and administration.
- Process contract drawings and specifications and ensure projects are built in accordance with approved documents.
- Process changes received from Consultants including contacting contractors for pricing, checking subcontractor quotations to ensure they are complete and reasonable.
- Obtain municipal approvals and closures.
- Ensure Landlord requirements are maintained.
- Participate in project meetings effectively, weekly or bi-weekly, as needed.
- Preparation of preliminary MS Project Schedules for construction projects as necessary.
- Work with other internal departments to ensure scopes of project are met.
- Maintain an accurate hard copy and electronic filing system compatible with the construction industry standards.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by Vice President of Construction.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Five years of project co-ordination and/or management or directly related work experience.
- An Engineering or Architectural degree is not necessary but would be considered an asset.
- Experience in base building, light industrial and heavy industrial construction and design is mandatory.
- Knowledge of building codes is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (including MS Project) and MS Outlook.
- Project Management Skills (accredited courses or experience) considered an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions and judgments.
- Effective relationship building, a commitment to customer service excellence and relationship management including responsiveness and the ability to develop long term relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High level of motivation with a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with little supervision.
Travel Information/Working Conditions:
- Frequent travel including overnight travel required – North America only.
- Hours of operation are typically Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pmm. This position will require extended hours during weekdays and weekends as required to fulfill duties/timelines.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle required.
- Frequent exposure to heat, cold, fumes, dirt and other environmental factors.
All interested individuals are invited to email your resume to Louise Galinauskas. Granite would like to thank all applicants, however only qualified individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted. No agency phone calls and/or telephone or email inquiries.