Our Canadian Telecommunications client is currently in search of a Network Engineer to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis at their office in Toronto, On. This Network Engineering opportunity is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of their IP network supporting both internal and external customers. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for establishing and securing a networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. All applicants must have at least 10+ years’ experience working with Cisco products in an enterprise scale or service provider environment. Such equipment should include but not limited to: Cisco 65xx, 45xx, 35xx, 29xx, Nexus 3K series switches, Cisco ASR9K, ASR1K, 72xx series routers.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects. Provide Level 3 Support to Network Operations Centre and work closely with other Network Engineers
- Ensure the 24/7 system/network uptime as part of a weekly On-Call rotation (1 week on, 5 weeks off).
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Provide ongoing training/hand-off for alert handling procedures to Network Operations teams.
- Assist in the provisioning of complex services for Wholesale/Business clients.
- Optimize network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- 10+ years’ experience working with Cisco products in an enterprise scale or service provider environment. Such equipment should include but not limited to: Cisco 65xx, 45xx, 35xx, 29xx, Nexus 3K series switches, Cisco ASR9K, ASR1K, 72xx series routers.
- 5+ years’ experience in Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, and NX-OS.
- 5+ years’ experience working in multisite locations.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Network Monitoring system, Solarwinds Orion an Asset
- 5+ years’ experience working with Firewall solutions also encompassing VPN tunnels.
- Expert knowledge of diagnosing network related issues. – Advanced Knowledge of network tools such as Wireshark/Tshark and Netflow. – Experience working with Load Balancers and Virtual environments and their relevance to proper network configuration. Trunk bonding etc.
- Skilled in documentation and architectural diagrams.
- Expert knowledge in dynamic and static routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, VRFs, PBB, MPLS, etc.
- Expert of TCP/IP and the OSI model, as well as WAN and LAN technologies and their role in network deployment (MLS, QoS, VLAN, STP, LACP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, ANYCAST, DPI, DSL, Cable, etc.)..
- Working experience with optical equipment and lighting dark fibre.
- Experienced working with RHEL/CentOS and asset
- Understanding the networking requirements as they pertain to VoIP/Video and general Internet users.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team.
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in an ever growing technical infrastructure.
- CCNA/CCNP a must
- CCIE, CCNP Cisco Routing & Switching and/or Data Centre networking Certifications Preferred.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, feel free to contact our Placement Consultant, Setty Nourbakhsh to organize a time to speak.
Referrals are welcome and encouraged for this opportunity. Granite Consulting will reward the referrer of any successful referrals hired for this opportunity with a $250 gift card at a retailer of your choice.