Granite Club Employee Reviews

Valuable Worforce
Athletics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  2350 Bayview Ave.24 July 2017
Granite Club is an outstanding Sport and Hospitality environment to work in. With the flexibility in shifts, meal coverage, benefits and staff events really makes you feel as if it is a home away from home.
Pros
Meal coverage and good pay
Cons
Some Micro Management
Very good and nice place to work
Housekeeping Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Every day is different, especially on weekends
I learned a lot, about everything and I have the opportunity to know nice people in all areas.

I loved it my job and members in general
Bad management
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON9 May 2017
I'm currently in f&b. management and supervisors in this department are very rude the don't care about the employees at all. The are very selfish. These people are the worst management I have ever worked for.The supervisor can barely speak English. Employees work like slaves. No weekends.
Cons
Productive, sufficient and fun work environment
GEAR ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 May 2017
The Granite Club is a family oriented environment for members and employees. I have no complaints about my position here and look forward to my time working at the Granite Club. The management is always reasonable, and understanding. It is by far, my favourite work environment in all my 4+ years of working.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Distance
Fast-paced, demanding work environment, friendly colleagues.
Executive Assistant to the CEO & GM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
High profile employer that provides a very enjoyable working experience; a lot of very nice people, friendly and smiling at all times. Situated in a beautiful uptown area. The requirement for excellence reflects in all areas of activity to preserve the prestige and tradition. Employees must maintain a professional appearance and a perfect demeanor at all times in relation to their both their peers and members. Privacy and confidentiality are mandatory. Some long hours are required. Decent pay and good benefits. Accessible by TTC, ideally one should drive to work; parking is free for all employees. There is a major concern for health and safety for employees and members alike at all times; everyone is accountable for safe work practices and the control of physical hazards in their areas. Training and orientation sessions are very well organized, thorough, informative and gratifying. All in all, a very desirable place to work in provided that one is a good fit to the culture.
Pros
complimentary meals, workout sessions during lunch hour
Thumbs Down in the kitchen too
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON10 March 2017
Worked at the golf course 3 years ago. Typical hierarchical behavior . staff were unsupportive, and unfriendly. Chef yelled his face off and lost temper on a regular basis. Pay is low.. Not recommended for new students as this place may ruin what should be a positive experience for a first job, unless you've got thick skin. Yet they hire many students. 😫
Pros
Use Cooking skills
Cons
Grumpy staff, grumpy chef, typical hierarchical behavior
Terrible management, horrible environment
F&B (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
If your at F&B they have the worst management and environment.
They dont care about employees, they only care about the business. No growth. No weekends.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
12hours work on weekends. No life
Amazing staff, Supervisors, and Environment
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
The environment at Granite Club is absolutely amazing. All of my co-workers at the Granite Club could not be better. Management is clean and effective with communication, and very accommodating.
Pros
Free Lunches
Client service
Child Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
Great team environment
opportunities for skills and professional development
hardest part is that days can get long
The culture of the club is most enjoyable
Great reviews, but not from servers.
Server (Former Employee) –  All three restaurants.23 June 2016
Service is robotic. Remove as much human as you can from yourself, and you'll fit in perfectly.
And I was there for over 3 years. Brutal. And endless management changes, each time each one, with something to prove. Ugh.
Pros
Union, hard to get fired.
Cons
Union, does pretty much nothing for you.
Work Life balance is good
Member Services Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
8 hour shift day, good perks, Staff is friendly and engaged. Management and peers are sharks. You always have to watch your back. Department is very heavy with policies and procedures with verbiage taking the fun of organic customer service.
Pros
parking, free food, dry cleaning, cell phone
Cons
very heavy on policies and procedures
Fun and Motivating Environment
Fitness Coach/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
This company has a lot of great people, the environment is really friendly and the benefits are great! Everyone is very supportive and the motivation to excel makes the Granite Club a great employer.
Great
Fitness Coach and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2016
Great place, great people, I really enjoyed helping the members. I grew a lot while working there.

The manager is great. I love spreading health and passion to members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Granite Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Granite Club Reviews by Location