Aspen Collaborative Services offers regional supports and services designed to support children and youth in their learning and well-being. The ACS service model offers a multi-disciplinary team to support children, youth, and work with families and school staff. As a member of this team, you will partner with colleagues in Education, Health, Human Services and our community partners to promote success for children and youth.
Grande Yellowhead Public School Division invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) 10 month Occupational Therapist to work in Aspen Collaborative Services commencing August 28, 2014 or as mutually agreed, to June 30, 2015.
Successful candidate responsibilities:
- Provides universal, targeted and individualized supports and services as a member of the School Linked Team and Regional Consultation Team
- Provides consultative supports and services that promote academic and social inclusion
- Supports and develops a strength based model of services
- Promotes mental health and wellness
- Delivers specialized services that include: sensory/self-regulation, visual perceptual skills, physical skills, organizational skills and life skills
- Promotes engagement and participation in literacy and numeracy by reducing barriers to learning
- Delivers services to several school districts in the region
- Delivers supports and services in a geographic area that serves the areas of Edson, Hinton, Jasper as well as smaller communities in this region
To work in Aspen Collaborative Services Grande Yellowhead Public School Division you must:
- Be registered and a member in good standing with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
- Maintain professional malpractice insurance
- Experience working with school aged children and youth
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be available to travel and have access to a vehicle
Wage: District pay Grid
To apply to this position, please see a copy of the competition # L1410 on the GYPSD website http://www.gypsd.ca/index.php/jobs/job-postings under "Management, Professionals". Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of 3 recent professional references.
Applications received by June 13, 2014 are assured careful consideration. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Aspen Collaborative Services