Work Permit?: Yes
Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.
The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 150 one- and two-bedroom luxury hotel suites, many complete with fully-featured kitchens, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.
Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for career minded hospitality individuals with a focus on customer service. As members of Preferred Hotels and Resorts we are looking for individuals committed to Standards of Excellence.
POSITION: Second Cook DEPARTMENT: Kitchen
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Station Chef and First Cook
Department Mission Statement:
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation
and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we
will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
Areas of Accountability:
Responsible for assisting his/her assigned Station Chef and First Cook in all his/her duties.
Might be assigned to replace the Station Chef or First Cook during the absence.
His/her behavior and personal appearance will always be geared to the objective of being an
example to all other staff within the Hotel. He/she will strive to use a polite language and
well-groomed behavior in his/her relation with the Hotel guests, colleagues and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Makes daily a through mise-en-place of all items featured.
2. Prepares orders according to established standard.
3. Pay attention to portion control.
4. Responsible for proper storage of food in his/her area.
5. Ensures cleanliness, proper handling and maintenance of kitchen equipment, utensils and
6. Takes full responsibility of kitchen if superiors are not on duty.
7. Ensures that the Hotel policies and procedures, cost control policies and procedures are
8. Follows and enforces health and safety, and hygiene standard set by the Public Health
Department and the Hotel.
9. Cleans and handles proper reusable food leftover after meal service. Re-organizes
refrigerators, re-stocks used items up to par, re-organizes section for next meal period.
10. Minimizes wastage and optimizes leftovers.
11. Fully responsible for all work orders and follow up.
12. Co-operates in food requisition and storekeeping.
13. Checks mise-en-place in his/her assigned area. Mise-en-place has to be ready 30 minutes
before a meal period.
14. Check quantity and quality of received good.
15. Organizes his/her lunch or dinner break in off peak times.
16. Knows the Hotels fire and safety procedures and operation of kitchen.
This is only a rough guideline, additional duties may be added at anytime due to any
You may send your cover letter, resume and references:
- or fax to 403.678.6022 (Attention: Human Resources)
or you may send your package by mail to:
Grande Rockies Resort
Attention: Human Resources
901 Mountain Street
Canmore, Alberta T1W 0C9