REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper, Asst Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor
Department Mission Statement
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
The Houseperson is responsible for ensuring that guest rooms and public areas of the Hotel are
cleaned and linens are restocked, ensuring the Hotel is maintained to the high presentation.
- Guest turn-down service
- Performing physical labour
- Providing excellent customer service as per the standards of the Hotel
- Courteously and promptly responds to guest room requests
- Investigates all guest inquiries in a timely fashion to provide the highest possible
- Moves heavy objects as requested
- Carpet shampooing
- Ensures Hotel hallways are kept clear.
- Performs side duties as required.
- Security Checks
- Works closely with other departments to achieve maximum guest satisfaction
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment at all times
- Understands the emergency procedures for the entire Hotel.
- Delivers clean linen to floor closets and storerooms
- Delivers and re-stocks supplies in linen closets
- Cleans guests rooms to standard as assigned when necessary
- Answering guest requests
His/her behavior and personal appearance will always be geared to the objective of being an
example to all other staff within the Hotel. He/she will strive to use a polite language and
well-groomed behavior in his/her relation with the Hotel guests, colleagues and staff.
- Job-related experience an asset
- Valid driver’s license with clean drivers record
- Ability to relate well to Hotel guests and employees
- Read and write English fluently
- Guest-service oriented; Team player
- High initiative/Self-starter; Good communication skills
- Professional in demeanor and presentation
- Personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Observant, discriminating and detail-oriented
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Pleasant in demeanor and presentation
- Dependable and reliable
- Able to work overnight shifts
- Mechanically inclined
This is only a rough guideline, additional duties may be added at anytime due to any