CONTRACT POSITION: MAY-OCTOBER
-Report any damage or problems with the guest room and room equipment using a Maintenance work order and routing the work order to the Maintenance department.
-Evaluate Room Cleaners on their job performance according to the hotel standards. When necessary take appropriate action (retraining, etc.) to ensure that their job performance is at a high quality level.
-Communicate to the Front Desk all vacant and clean rooms, the completion of guest requests, and room status discrepancies.
-Close the Housekeeping office at the end of the shift such as: collecting all Lost & Found items, entering the information in the Lost & Found Log, and securing the items in a locked cabinet; collecting the room cleaners assignment sheets and confirming the room status; confirming the work schedule with the room cleaners for the following day; collecting the room cleaners floor keys and securing them in the locked key cabinet; completing a written Housekeeping report of all the hotel’s guest room status for the Front Desk at the end of the shift; filing all daily report forms in the file cabinet; securing the Housekeeping office and locking the door when departing for the day.
-Answer the Housekeeping department’s telephone using friendly and proper telephone techniques. Will help the calling guests with special requests, information, and status of Lost & Found items.
-Interact with the hotel’s guests in a friendly, positive manner as a solution to their needs and a solution to any of their problems. Will often act as a liaison between the guest and the room cleaner.
-Prepare daily room assignments with the status of all guest rooms at the beginning of the shift. This includes all guest requests, owner unit cleaning and additional tasks.
-Inspect guest check-out rooms for cleanliness, appropriate guest amenities, and the correct working condition of all guest room equipment.
-Report any substandard conditions of the guest room to the Executive Housekeeper.
-Check the hotel’s PMS computer for information concerning room status and to enter updated room status.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Class 5 (or equivalent) driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter attitude, with the ability to self-manage
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language both written and oral is required
- Positive outlook, and outgoing personality
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays etc.
Indeed - 18 months ago