Department Mission Statement:
We are committed to providing the highest of Preferred standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and goodwill.
Areas of Accountability:
Inventory and ordering of stock and produce while monitoring quality and price within the given budget
- Control food costs by maintaining accurate records of all food ingredients used throughout the outlets (proper, clean and concise inventories) and by checking that stock is used in rotation to avoid the possibility of waste and pilferage
- Prepare reports, as requested, to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making
- Ensure the highest quality of product through the supervision and participation in the preparation of food (seasoning, portion size, appearance)
- Deal with guest requests, comments and concerns promptly and professionally with follow up where required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all standards are maintained as specified by the Food & Beverage Manager
- Attend catering meeting and keep communications between kitchen departments up to date
- Inform the Food & Beverage Manager promptly and fully of problems or unusual matters of significance
- Ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen by assisting in all operations as required
- Utilize leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity
- Ensure that all employees follow safety rules and procedures
- Take corrective action where required to improve the safety of work areas
- Record all maintenance requests and follows up on equipment repair status
- Report all accidents to security promptly
- Employ discipline as required with the appropriate documentation
- Supervise, direct and train the staff in the performance of their duties
- Create a friendly, professional environment which inspires teamwork
Direct: Kitchen Staff
Indirect: All hotel staff.
Direct: Food & Beverage Manager
As it is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation, it is your responsibility to:
- Attend all meetings and training sessions.
- Read and completely understand your Job Description.
- Take the necessary extra step to improve the experience of our Guest's and promote return stays.
Within our team, there will always be:
- Open, honest, and tactful communication
- Respect and empathy; support and unity
- 100% commitment, reliability and punctuality
- Praise, acknowledgment and sincere thanks
- A positive, enthusiastic and motivational outlook
- Minimum of three years experience as manager in a upscale hotel or resort
- Canadian Red Seal Certification required; Culinary Degree or similar recommended
- Superior management, customer service, teambuilding, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly and distinctly
- Computer literacy in Excel and Word an added bonus
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between all departments such as Purchasing, Marketing, Banquets and other departments as required.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift, including holidays and weekends.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
This is only a basic description of this position and that it does not, nor is it intended to outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities which you will be expected to perform.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard