POSITION: Front Office Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager, General Manager
Department Mission Statement
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation and hospitality to
our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and
respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient overall day-to-day
operations of the Front Desk including Switchboard.
- Oversee Bell and Door staff in the absence of their department head.
- Provide excellent customer service per the standards of the hotel, and assist in situations to
ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure department adherence to company policies, procedures and standards to ensure that
guest expectations are exceeded.
- Assist in providing staff with ongoing coaching, training and development.
- Coordinate hotel emergency procedures within the scope of defined plans.
- Prepare reports, handle special projects and assignments as required.
- 1 - 2 years of front office supervisory experience preferably in a 4 or 5 diamond hotel
- 2 years front office agent experience, including handling large group arrivals.
- Previous experience with scheduling, ordering/managing supply inventory
- Excellent command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal.
- A service excellence and relationship management role model with strong leadership
including dealing with all guest service situations while continually ensuring guest
satisfaction about Hotel standards.
- Proven effective supervisory skills including cultivating a positive, high performance team.
Able to motivate, mentor and performance manage including corrective action to ensure
continually high standards.
- Able to work under pressure and stressful situations while handling multiple tasks
- Attentive to details and have excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and be guest focused.
- Neat, professional and well groomed at all times.
- Self motivated and have initiative - work with little supervision.
- Work flexible shifts - days, evenings, weekend and holidays.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer applications.
- Knowledge of Maestro property management system and reservations management
software is an asset.
- College diploma or university degree from Hospitality related program is an asset.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Speaking additional languages is an asset.
This is only a rough guideline, additional duties may be added at anytime due to any
His/her behavior and personal appearance will always be geared to the objective of being an
example to all other staff within the Hotel. He/she will strive to use a polite language and
well-groomed behavior in his/her relation with the Hotel guests, colleagues and staff.