POSITION: First Cook
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Station Chef
Department Mission Statement:
We are committed to providing the highest of standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. As a cohesive team dedicated to the needs of our customers, we will anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will.
Areas of Accountability:
Act as a right hand to Station Chef and Sous Chef. Responsible for preparing and producing
food items, a la carte, buffets, banquets, etc. to specified requirement set by the Hotel. Be
flexible; open-minded and confident to take over any section of the kitchen operation at anytime.
To ensure a high level of food quality, value, consistency, and satisfaction to the guests, while
maintaining/exceeding budgeted labor and staff.
His/her behaviors and personal appearance will always be geared to the objective of being an
example to all other staff within the Hotel. He/she will strive to use a polite language and
well-groomed behavior in his/her relation with the hotel guests, colleagues and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Knows proper handling of food, equipment and utensils.
2. Prepares food according to Chef's specification and recipes.
3. Sets up daily mise-en-place.
4. Assists Station Chef with food requisition to ensure sufficient stock but no wastage.
5. Ensures attractive display of food items, showpieces, etc., on display counters, buffets or
6. Receives food checks, event orders and prepares them as required.
7. Cleans and maintains his/her working place, store, equipment and utensils.
8. Checks the sauces, meats, fishes, vegetables, fruits and all pre-cooked and raw items and to
prevent spoilage. Gives special attention all meats and seafood items.
9. Checks mise-en-place in all areas of the kitchen. Mise-en-place has to be ready 30 minutes
before a meal period.
10. Checks the kitchen before service begins: All sauces stand by and if required in bain-marie,
everything neat and tidy cooks in proper uniforms.
11. Supervises and participates in the meal service.
12. Follows and enforces the hygiene and safety standard set by the Public Health Department
and the Hotel.
13. Knows the Hotel's fire and safety procedures and operation of kitchen.
14. Co-operates and delegates work properly and in fair manner. These are essential for the
smooth operations of the kitchen.
15. Supervises the general cleaning and proper handling of food leftovers (reusable) after meal
services. Re-organizes refrigerators, re-stocks items up to par, re-organizes section for
next meal period.
16. Responsible for setting up breakfast buffet, lunch display, dinners samples and banquet
buffet and reception, and have strictly quality control.
17. Minimizes wastage and optimizes leftovers.
This is only a rough guideline, additional duties may be added at anytime due to any