Grande Cache Coal Corporation

Grande Cache Coal Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I wouldn't if I were you
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABMarch 17, 2014
Pros: trades retention bonus is ok.
Cons: slowly taking away loa, on and off layoffs for this past year, very disorganized, poorly managed, no real mine plan
Used to be a good place to start a career in mining and then move on to a better company. But they layed off all the training staff and a bunch of safety guys too. The turn over rate was 1500 employees in the 4 years I worked there. I think that pretty much says if all.
Great Place to Work
Labour Relations Advisor (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Grande Cache Coal has allowed me to be stable here in Grande Cache. I worked for this company for almost 6 years. I started off as a new miner, then worked my way up to supervisor in 2 years. I was then offered a position in the HR department due to my knowledge in the UG department.
Its an Underground Coal Mine
Underground Surveyor assistant (Former Employee), grande cacheSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: coal
10.5 hour shifts. 4 on/ 4 off schedule. Dusty, dirty, wet and steep. Pays well
Old mine and very dusty.
PLANT ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee), Grande CacheJuly 26, 2013
Pros: very good salary
Cons: very dusty.
Nice place to start working in Canada. Very old plant, needed a lot of TLC. Nice bunch of guys working there.
alright work place
was a crane op (Former Employee), grande cache, coalMay 19, 2013
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: unsafe crane, expensive town to live in
Crane in bad need to be updated very unsafe I would list what's wrong with the crane but don't have all night
Dirty yet fun staff!
Production and Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Grande Cache, Alberta, CanadaApril 4, 2013
Pros: fun group of people to work with!
Cons: management is not organized and holding back the company
Start early finish late... never home till 8PM
Deverse work load from day to day.
Management can be hard to work with.
Co workers are fun to work with despite the work conditions
Hardest part of the work is the unforgivable coal dust.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the family atmosphere amongst the workers.
Terrible management, dirty enviornment
Welder (Former Employee), Grande cacheJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: money is fair, though cost of living is high
Cons: very dirty, losts of coal dust, terrible management
Worked there for 5 years as a welder. The people on the floor with you are great, but the middle managers are some of the worst I've experienced in 30 years on the job
good job pay could be better
Lead Hand (Former Employee), grande cache coalJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: dirty job and you have to live in the middle of no where !
great benefits but the pay could be better. very dirty job and I didnt find I was always givin the chance for advancement to where I would have liked to have been.It was a really good place to start and get experince along the way.
employees are great to work with and benifits are good as well as pay, some changes could be do to improve our job and assist us in doing our job
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABDecember 3, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: lack of training and poor equipment to work with, lack of service trucks
go hard for full 12 hrs, u see things that u would not normally see in other work places,management well ...... co workers are great, hardest part of job is getting parts and trying to get job done with lack of service trucks and equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job is i get to play with some of the largest machines in the world in a really – more... big sand box – less

About Grande Cache Coal Corporation

Grande Cache Coal Corporation (Grande Cache Coal) is a Canada-based metallurgical coal mining company. The Company has a mining – Read more