GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Meaningful & educational experience
Student Recreational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NS14 January 2018
I've work with most of the different floors in the hospital that required a recreational therapist. this hospital is not only beautiful on the outside but inside as well. the hospital provides many inpatients and outpatients programs that help the patients quality of life for better. Beautiful staff and team
Pros
The excessive number of healthcare professionals that work together as a team to help many patients
Cons
Unfortunately seeing residents stay in this facility with no place to go after care
Worst place I have ever Worked, Discrimination, and Bullies
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 January 2018
If you like to be overloaded with work, discrimination, being bullied, and stabbed in the back by other coworkers this is the place for you. The managers load work onto the clerical staff so you are doing the job of 3 people. They bully you and play favorites. Departments fight and blame each other. The pay is only slightly above average and people retire earlier if they do not quit from burn out. Everybody is overwhelmed and angry except the management that keeps increasing and adding to the problems. Only work here if you are desperate. The atmosphere is toxic
Benefits
Cons
Impossible work load and toxic environment
worked in several departments
Clerk/Patient Reg./Discharge Planning/Staffing (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 November 2017
Greatly enjoyed working with patients on a daily basis. I gained a lot of experience and medical terminology. The hospital is a fast paced environment where multi-tasking is manditory
productive and fun workplace
RPN student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 November 2017
I have worked at Grand River Hospital for about 9 months as a Conestoga student. I liked working at Grand River Hospital as a student. I have learned many things during my career at Grand River Hospital. I am looking forward to work again at Grand River Hospital as a professional.
Amazing!
Withdrawal Management (Internship) (Oct - Dec) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 October 2017
Amazing place for withdrawal management with the idea that people experiencing withdrawal are comfortable and safe. The unit is full of caring staff and volunteers.
Very fun and exciting work environment
AAC Tech (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 September 2017
I've been working here for over 2 years, its been the best job i've ever had, the team i work with is amazing and we all get a long. We do a lot of trips off site to clients houses. fast pace and worth every moment
Pros
Hour lunches, flexibility
Busy place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 August 2017
A good rest helped to have a good day
People were very friendly and helpful
I enjoyed meeting all kinds of people, going beyond my job description to help people
Excellent team and work envoirnment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 July 2017
Great team to work with and work-life balance is one of the key characteristics which make this place an excellent choice to work with. Lots of learning and support by the manager.
Grand River is a great place to work
Registered Nurse- Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 June 2017
Grand River is one of the top Hospitals in southern Ontario and strives daily to provide care that is exceptional to every patient that enters the facility.
good
Inpatient Surgery (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 June 2017
Worked in an acute care setting, providing nursing care for preoperative
and post-operative patients
Experience in orthopaedic, general, gynaecological, plastic and
HEENT surgery
Positive and supportive working environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 June 2017
Grand River Hospital is a 567 bed hospital serving the Waterloo Region and surrounding communities primarily through its KW and Freeport sites. The hospital has 15 specialized programs and services surgery, children’s program, childbirth, medical imaging, mental health and addictions, medicine, stroke, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, cancer, critical care, renal, emergency, pharmacy and lab.
productive work palce
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 April 2017
Go in turn on all the lights and unlock all the cabinets for filies. answer phones call in staff of the hospital for doctors appointments and staff that need to see a nurse or staff that is sick and need the okay from the nurse to leave their shift early. I learned about WSIB claims and how to go about it for staff needed long term disiablity from the work place enivornment. There were a few hardest things about my job one of them was listening to code blue or code pink. Another hard thing about my job was going into the office knowing that I was not getting paid and being promised a job after my placement which fell through. The most enjoyable part of my job there was all the wonderful staff that I was able to get to know and work with.
Pros
great hours
Cons
it was a placement for school that had promised me a job and it feel through
Grh
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 March 2017
Excellent working environment and very competent staff. Work life balance and lots of learning as one have to prepare adhoc reports on regular basis.
Exceptional pay compared to other local Hospitals
Permanent Part-time (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 February 2017
Work ethic is great. Management constantly hold meetings for feed back. A hospital is continuously works to improve staff moral and patient care. I miss working for Grand River Hospital.
SecureJob
Clinical secretary (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 December 2016
Mostly a decent place to work. Management is usually fair and tried to help wherever they can. Overall a good place to work
Pros
Wage
Cons
hours
Unprofessional
Clinical programs (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON22 October 2016
Unprofessional management and administration. This organization practices 15 years in the past, the management has no ideas on how to work independently or in the best interest of the front line staff. Culture of disrespect and negligence. It's a very self serving, mean environment. Very underhanded.
Salaries and vacation time are not competitive
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor work life balance, salary and management
consideration
Administration (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 October 2016
There is a good team spirit at the hospital, but departments and positions are very compartmentalized. Culture is archaic that resists change and modernization. A large business that lacks the ability to make and sustain a difference. Work is not overly challenging, and many people seem to be putting in time.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, people are nice, good work life balance
Cons
A lot of growth too quickly creating systems that are in need of updating. Archaic.
Productive and fun workpace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 September 2016
Colleagues exceptional
Areas for growth and advancement
Numerous opportunitis to further develop knowledge and skill set
family oriented, team working environment
Registered Nurse (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 September 2016
Enjoy working here, my unit is like a second family. we work as a team and help eachother out. we support eachother while at work and after work. Coming to work we know we have tasks and goals to attain yet we still have fun in a nurturing enviroment. All staff are treated with respect and kindness regardless of their status.
Pros
team oriented, flexible schedule options
Cons
unable to get full time status for entry level nurses.
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 August 2016
My experience with Grand River Hospital has been very positive and I find it an enjoyable place to work with many opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL Reviews by Location