Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun work place
Bellman (Former Employee), Mackinac Island, MIJune 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
always a great day at work.hardest part of a job always 300 check in.
busy friendly local bars
Barmaid (Former Employee), Whangarei, NMay 28, 2014
Pros: living and working at the hotel, having the freedom to run the pub by myself.
Cons: no cons
General running of premises, customer service, hotel room bookings, functions like 21sts, heavy metal bands, birthdays, I would run the Pool competitions etc. Both bars ran back to back so one side was a club and the other side the local pub with 2 pool tables darts TAB a gaming area an out back smoking area which would hold around 30 people.
I loved – more... working here learnt everything I know about running a hotel, and had the best time ever... – less
about cashier
cashier (Former Employee), cashierMay 21, 2014
Pros: freeaccomantation, free food
Cons: 9hrs
I am presently working cashier 3 years experiamce in shrjah
am learned so many thing from hospitality
nice co operation with me.
yes iam enjayable my job
Time off in area with comfort
Economic Director (Former Employee), Camaguey CubaApril 15, 2014
Area with all conditions for work, people with lots of knowledge and good methods to address
great hotel
KITCHEN PORTER (Former Employee), Lytham St. Annes, ENGApril 14, 2014
staff was a laugh, owners were great managers were the same as layed back as they come, the hardest part was leaving.
it was agood time to work over there
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), BamakoMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 mn break, from 12pm to 12:30pm
Working almost the 8 hours with a lot of people around all of them with devotion and commitment
productive
senior steward (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: fun loving activities
Cons: less salary
I learned about wines from famous regions of France and Italy.learned about Italian food..Every month we come up with a new food and beverage promotions..
cacher in hotel restaurant
Cashier (Former Employee), red sea egyptMarch 10, 2014
Pros: health car and trance free
Cons: full time
was repairing menu for customers and check orders and repairing the bills after they finishing their food and copy bills on our system
Its ok an fun job
Waiter (Former Employee), jerseyMarch 10, 2014
The day starts at 11am or 12am for lunch whit the usual preparation for it,
Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Collect payment and operate a cash register
- Serve food to customers when the restaurant is too busy
- Check identification of customers to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products
- – more... Clean up after customers and clean work area
- Order and maintain liquor and bar supplies
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
-Prepare the bar for dinner
At 6 or 7pm starts dinner and the process repeats

Management in my opinion it's a bit poor
The team it's great, fun to work whit
The hardest part of the job it's the lack of staff
The most enjoyable part of the job it's when I see our customers they leave happy and they are coming back to us... – less
A great experience
Trainee Baker (Former Employee), Torquay, ENGDecember 9, 2013
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: unsociable hours
I was 16/17 when I first started as a trainee baker at the grand hotel whilst at college doing my NVQ level 2. I would arrive at work at 3am assist in the baking of bread, preparing and making biscuits, scones, croissants and danish pastries, I would help load trays, and assist on deliveries.
I learnt that there was another 3 o'clock in the day (joking) – more... I learnt how to work as part of a team to produce the best product we could, I learnt how to bake.
There wasn't many of us in the bakery however i only keep in touch with 1 girl that I worked with there.
The hardest part of the job for me was getting up as I lived a 30 minute drive from there and hadn't passed my driving test then and relied on my mother to take me.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the smell of freshly baked bread... I just don't think you can beat it. – less
Fun place to work for the summer
PBX Operator - Summer Season (Former Employee), Mackinac Island, MIDecember 5, 2013
Pros: food and housing is available through the hotel, most housing is within walking distance of town.
Cons: not being able to use the pool.
Grand Hotel is located on beautiful Mackinac Island. A typical work day was an eight hour shift with a 30 minute meal break. Parts of the job were handling phone calls, providing clerical help to other departments, and giving information to guests. Management worked well with the staff and made goals and objectives clear. The people I worked with were – more... pleasant and friendly. The hardest part of my job was handling down time. Since I was in an office by myself most of the time and could not leave in case the phone rang, it could get quite boring. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in such a beautiful place and being able to live there for a few months. – less
fun workplace
part time waitress (Current Employee), Scarborough, ENGNovember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Ready to undertake new challenges with the ability to work well under written and verbal instructions. Honest and trustworthy with excellent communication skills.
was a fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Deming, NMOctober 8, 2013
Pros: an enjoyable place to work.
Cons: manager did not appreciate me. and my talelnts.
answered the phone, took messages for others.
assigned people to rooms for the night.
addressing issues that needed to be taken care of now.
providing information for travelers.
productive fun place to work
room attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no union
get list of rooms to clean how to make the guest happy,working there was a wonderful experience
its ok
Security Guard (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 20, 2013
want to make lots of money with insane overtime then this is the place to work.
server
Banquets server (Former Employee), Ocean City, MDAugust 15, 2013
Good service, tasty food, everything was organized, goood management
One of the best experiences I had in the beauty industry!
Nail Techinician (Former Employee), Grand Hotel, Mackinaw Island, MichiganAugust 12, 2013
If you want to be the best at what you do in the beauty industry, is there no place like the Grand Hotel to develop the best within yourself. Everyone is the beauty industry could use at least one season at the Grand Hotel or any of the other fabulous Michigan resorts.
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECJuly 10, 2013
Pros: meeting a lot of different people from all over the world
Cons: dealing with rude people
I arrive early in the morning 07:45 change to my unirform. Start my day going straight to each room make up the beds put new sheets and pillow and covers;then go to the toilets clean the showers and the toilets then iron the bedings after washing them lastly clean the floor.

I have learned about team work; my co- workers were very much loving and welcomed – more... me with warm hearts. helping each other in evherything. I have learned to sharing ideas and respecting other people veiws is showing love.As from my Boss and my manager they gave me strength everday by their complements when you have done your task well that boost my confidence.

It was when we had to deal with rude poeple who have no appretiation and treat us as if we have no education at all. that was the hardest and painful part of the job.

The best part of the job was when someone says 'thank you'' after you served them or cleaned their room and the tips of course. Meeting new and different people from all over the world. – less
productive and friendly
supervisor housekeeping (Former Employee), brightonFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch and friendly
Cons: part time
I am very happy working with them,they are friendly n kind people.work with them full with respect.
Great Workplace for A Summer Job
Photographer (Former Employee), Mackinac Island, MIDecember 11, 2012
Pros: postive people, new experiences
Cons: only a summer job
Working at the Grand was a great time! I had great management and co-workers.