Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Like any job, it's all about production
Online enrollment counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2016
Online enrollment is an inside sales job, plain and simple. Some managers admit that, some don't, so continued training can vary. Numbers are down over the past couple of years, and their response is to micromanage. Pay isn't bad at first, and if you make it 2 years you get a nice salary bump. Benefits are great (school for you and your family is pretty much free), and the culture is pretty relaxed, aside from the micromanaging.
Pros
Benefits, pay, corp atmosphere
Cons
Micromanaging, a 'what have you done for me lately' treatment
Productive and family-like place
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2016
Working for Grand Canyon University is great because they work hard in allowing you to learn and settle into a professional environment while balancing your student life.
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
GCU is a thriving campus with an exceptional culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is graduating students. The hardest part of the job is the internal politics.
Great Environment
University Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2016
Work hard and you will go far in this company. Be sure to network with as many people as you can. Its huge company that has open doors if you know the right person.
Full time graduate student
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2016
Not a full time job, however I deliberately paused my career so that I could be better prepared for future opportunities.
Pros
Learning, advancing education
Cons
No time to effectively keep a job...
Excellent Company
REGIONAL ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2016
Grand Canyon University is an excellent place to work. The company has a great vision and the culture is phenomenal. There are challenges, however, it is nice to be able to be a part of the solution.
Great place to work for many reasons
University Development, B2B partnerships. (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 25, 2016
I received exceptional on boarding. I was given autonomy to use my skills and experience w/o being micro managed. Open culture to move up or into various roles. Good compensation and great benefits. I have nothing negative to say about GCU.
Pros
TOo many
Cons
non
Numbers Based
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2016
Corporate Sales; keep your numbers up or risk your job. Hardest part is constant calling to enroll potential students that are not even interested. They buy horrible leads that have almost no chance of converting.
Pros
Great PTO and Benefits package, Free Education
Cons
Sales, Numbers Numbers Numbers
Admissions Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2016
I love how flexible they were with my schedule, they understood that I am a full time student. The job does get a little tedious and boring, but the management is great.
Productive and motivational
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2016
Management here is wonderful, I feel productive, and there is a lot of positive feedback so I know what I'm doing right as well as where I can improve. It is a very positive work place.
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2016
Great group of people to be around. Number one rule is to appreciate people. Working at a Christian University allowed for a great understanding of respect and value.
Christian University with quality education
Assistant Professor, Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2016
The faculty are dedicated, compassionate leaders with the success of students at the forefront of their priorities.
The University is constantly improving for the better.
Disorganized
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2016
Operates with little common sense. Poor communication between departments and poor leadership from the very top. Good benefits, but it doesn't make up for poor management. If this review is connected to me, I will probably be out of a job. That is how they operate.
Work in a building with no windows. Over tasked and under staffed. No room for advancement. My values are not align with GCU.
Manager/Procurement (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2016
Pros
work from home one day a week
Cons
401K match, limited advancement opportunity
Fun workplacde
Qdoba Mexican Grill Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2016
I learned today at work that everybody is friendly and that each day you learn something new, although it may be a hectic day of work, there are always people there for you when you need them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited hours to work per week
Grand Canyon Service
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
Grand Canyon University is a fun place to work for. Being a public safety officer, you have opportunities to talk with students, teachers, and other important personal at this job. What I had learned from working at GCU is that always, always be professional and be approachable. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my co-workers and talking with new people.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
dealing with angry individuals at times
Productive and laid back work place!
Informational Technical/Audio Visual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2016
While working part-time and being a full time student, I found it incredibly easy to balance both! I learned how to solve problems within a whim and I was able to further my experience in customer support and IT.
Pros
Free lunch, security
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no paid time off, limited work hours
Great Opportunity
International Athlete Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2016
Great people. Your expectations are laid out in a clear way so you know how to manage your day. There is great PTO structure so you have team to spend with your family.
Great Place!
Public Safety Officer III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85017February 29, 2016
Working for this organization gave me enjoyment knowing I was assisting in the care of individuals who wanted to seek a higher education and a better life for them and their family.
Great Place to Work with Terrific Benefits
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2016
The organization has maintained steady growth throughout my tenure. Expect to manage approximately 240 student accounts and to multi-task to remain proficient in performance metrics (the ability to multi-task is a requisite for success in this position). The work-life balance is pretty good, with more than 15 days of paid-time off, free tickets for basketball games and campus events (most times), and excellent support from your managerial team with a pretty good level of tolerance and flexibility. Perform well and additional "job of choice" options become available such as "work from home" and shift differentials.