Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Fun and very productive
Outside Admissions Manager - Ground Campus (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 February 2018
Responsible for recruiting talented high school graduates who wanted to attend a private christian base college. Also, to oversee 23 Business Development Managers in the west. Great company to work for with a great atmosphere. I love assisting our youth to help them become a very productive citizen and professional in this world.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Finding the select few that qualified to attend
Fun and Relaxed Place To Work
Student Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 February 2018
Great place to work with excellent benefits and room for advancement. During my 3 years at GCU, I have been able to work on various different skillsets that will enable me to more marketable in the future.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Competitive
Toxic Workplace
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 February 2018
It is ironic that GCU has a Christian identity and a college of business. People might think they would adopt at least one of those perspectives regarding the treatment of people. Nope.
Terrible leadership excoriated people in public meetings (how's that for motivation). Deadlines and ever-changing priorities just caused stress and confusion, rather than flow and synergy.

They brought University of Phoenix people over in waves (because that place worked out so well), to run a Christian university...(uhhhh, check that...used to be a Christian university).

This was actually the worst place I've ever worked after 30 years in the workforce.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
everything else
Decent Student Job, Would Not Recommend for Full Time
Videographer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 February 2018
Job as a whole is very fun. Being that it is something that I already enjoy (photography, videography, various marketing aspects) it was an ideal fit for me. Long-story short, this institution has a lot of work to do as far as how they treat their employees and how they operate as a whole.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Poor Management
Monotonous work, less than motivated coworkers
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 February 2018
The school is growing rapidly, meaning every department has a lot of kinks to work out. Overall enjoyed working for GCU,not necessarily the position though
Overall great place to work
Campus Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 February 2018
My job was only part-time, however, they offer great full-time opportunities and advancement opportunities. Different departments offer more advancement opportunity and great benefits.
Good college and campus
Math LEAD (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 February 2018
The campus is nice and there is a strong Christian culture. Working as a LEAD (tutor) is not too stressful and there is decent flexibility on hours. There is a lot of growth between each year so it is hard so say what will change in the job as time goes on.
Christian University that doesn't follow Christian values in management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 February 2018
Enrollment is high pressure sales to find students, the managers will drive you to the breaking point and this was my main reason for leaving, benefit of tuition free education is excellent and I'm glad I stayed long enough to complete my mater's degree
Pros
tuition free education
Cons
managers that only care about the bottom line
As a professor, job is great
Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ3 February 2018
I teach technology classes. I learn something new every day. People I work with are smart. Students are motivated and respectful. Campus is beautiful. Boss is flexible. 3 weeks vacation paid + holidays. Family members get free tuition. Interesting events on campus - sports, theater, chapel, speakers. Definitely Christian environment - optional music and Bible teaching service every Monday in the main arena. Students take 1 Christian teaching class. Growing programs so hiring and expanding is always more enjoyable than reductions. The university gives financial aid to high achieving students so quality of academics in the classroom is high. Classes are 25 students or less per class so there is time to work one on one with students. I cannot comment about online students since I teach in the classroom.
Pros
Nice campus. Tuition. Flexible time. Interesting work.
Cons
Teaching is not for everyone. Some like to build, create, sell rather than help other people learn.
Awesome job as a student
Public Safety Student Guard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 February 2018
I love this job as a student. The manager is absolutely amazing, and works with the students to make sure they are doing well in their classes and accommodating the schedule if they are not.
Good work environment
Adjunct Faculty - Sociology (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ31 January 2018
GCU is a good place to work but, like most Universities, they rely so heavily on their adjuncts without sufficient compensation and benefits. The pay for adjuncts should be much more. Aside from this, the administrators were very warm and there is a strong sense of community throughout the campus.
Enrollment mill
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ31 January 2018
Managers treated adult employees like children and openly discussed individual performance with others. It felt as if you are working under microscope of insecure management.
Very nice place to work
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ29 January 2018
It is a fun and a competitive palce to work. I have been working here for about a month now and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with everyone. Students and faculty have been superb to work with.
Excellent support from administration
University Counselor, II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 January 2018
I love working with GCU! I have been at GCU as a student for more than 5 years and 2 as an employee. I have no genuine complaints. The culture is relatively young, (20 somethings) but highly educated and knowledgeable about the university. Someone is always available to help.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micromanagement
Diverse environment with advancement opportunities
CRM Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 January 2018
The variety of people and attitudes was an asset to the company. Everyone was really willing to collaborate together to ensure the success of the company.
fun workplace
Facilities- Manager's Assistant/Spanish Translator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 January 2018
It is great working here. It is just time for a change and to start my career. It is a place to find your purpose in life and that helps you meet great people.
A Wonderful Job
Executive Office (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 January 2018
I love everything about gcu. You will not regret it! You learn something everyday. The atmosphere is second to none! The most enjoyable part about being here are the students!
Event Security Specialist (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 January 2018
Good place to work. I have enjoyed it.The pay is pretty low considering the fact that one is usually standing in place for almost the entire shift on fixed positions. The radio system is average, and the radios need to be replaced. The training program for part time members needs to be improved, yet a member does learn on the job very quickly.
Face Paced, Energetic, Growing Environment
Director of Internships (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 January 2018
The environment is full of energy and new changes are always on the horizon. The desire to find newer and innovative ways to make a difference in the lives of students today is contagious.
Online Work Opportunity - Excellent
Adjunct Professor, College of Education (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 850177 January 2018
I am going into my third year at GCU. I love the support and the organization as a whole. Very professional yet down to Earh and personable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Canyon University. Our community is ready to answer.