Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Enjoyable work environment, loved the flexibility of the job and the job requirements. I would recommend working for this employer.
Micromanaged Company
Senior Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2016
A sinking ship as they are coming down the Tempe location and moving all personnel to Glendale. The VP needs to worry about being a VP and not worry constantly about people being on the cell phone for 10 seconds or on the internet for more than a few minutes. Micro-Management is a popular way to manage reps.
Enrollment Advisor
International Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: great work enviroment
Daily activities included but were not limited to connecting with prospective students, learning about their previous education and career direction so that i could provide them with programs and options that would allow them to take steps toward a goal of degree completion. requesting and taking in the needed documents for admissions. connecting with potential student via phone and e-mail,
Great student worker job
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: short breaks, 20 hours max
Love everything about being a student worker at GCU, however, being able to only work 20 hours a week (max) is very frustrating. Since it's only part time, there are no benefits. The only way to become a full time employee is to move up and get promoted , which would take 4+ years. Overall though, I love the work environment and how easy going the job is.
Exceptional Leadership
Operations (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Culture
Cons: None
GCU is a wonderful place to work. The culture is inviting and positive. We focus on both staff and student success. Our upper leadership team is fantastic and their prime goal is to create opportunities for all to grow and advance. We are staff and student focused and ensuring all students have the best education possible.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Faculty Resources, and teaching support
Cons: Would like to teach on-line classes at a full time level.
I love working at Grand Canyon University as the faculty support provides all tools necessary to motivate on-line students and innovate new teaching strategies to incorporate complex nursing concepts. I am able to prepare the student for the complex health care environment of today. They students are motivated, focused and have original ideas to improve nursing care in the future.
Great Experience
University Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ/ NJJanuary 11, 2016
Working at Grand Canyon University was a great experience and I valued my time there. I learned a lot from the people I worked alongside and made great connections.
Active and Loving It
Online Professor & Student Teacher Supervisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2016
A nice place to be in touch with students of similar beliefs. I find that the staff is wonderful and so are the students. Been with GCU for many years and plan to stay with them no matter what full time position I take on.
No Job Security
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Poor Management
Enrollment Counselors have a tough gig. You could be the best on your team one month, then get put on probation the next. You get promoted based on who you know, it's like a popularity contest.
Great company
Business Admissions/Military Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Work/life balance
Cons: I cannot say a negative thing
I would recommended this company, it is a great place to work with amazing work culture. I really enjoyed working here and miss the students.
Too Many Politics
SENIOR ENROLLMENT COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: good salary
Cons: Managers hired based on personality preferences rather than qualifications
I had more managerial experience, than the person who was hired instead of me. The clincher was the personal favoratism from the hiring manager. Caused me to have panic and anxiety attacks and eventually forfeit my position
Great Learning experience
Casuality Claims Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Various learning options
Cons: None
This was an amazing learning experience, looking forward to the next level of my professional career. I think the education that I received will be an asset to my career.
not good
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2015
Cons: no breaks, old point of sale system
I was a working student, the management was very arrogent and did not attempt to work around my class schedule or allow sick days. They did not communicate between each other to information was very one sided and incorrect.
ok
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2015
it wears you out after a while. You might find yourself sitting at your desk for more often then you would like. My co workers are fun but management is always changing.
Micromanaged Processes
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2015
Micromanaged Processes, and not much guidance on how to achieve the set goals that are required in the enrollment position.
Great Company
Finance and Academic Adviser II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2015
I like GCU, tough work environment. I enjoy the benefits and the time off. GCU can be a great place to work, with the right fit.
Resident Assistant Duties
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
I was in charge of a living area on campus. I had a total of 58 residents that I would help them with conflict resolution situations, maintenance problems, and would host monthly hall events
Great environment
Adjunt Professor (Current Employee), OnlineNovember 9, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: full-time reserved for campus employees
I loved being a student at Grand Canyon University as much as I love working at GCU. The Christian philosophy encompasses the student and the staff. I cannot express how happy I am at GCU. Definitely check out their employment opportunities.
great place to work nice people great mission
University Development Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 4, 2015
great university support staff and education innovative and advanced technology ...well staffed and instructors are full time and top notch
Great Opportunity and Benefits
Academic Advisor for the Employee team (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2015
I assisted employee student with their program selection and class selection. Educated students on student polices. I worked closely with 3 other members of the team. I had a large case of 600 student which was a little difficult to manage at times. I enjoyed the people I worked with and made some great friendships. I also received my school for free which was definitely one of their great perks.
Headquarters