Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Great place to help prepare the industry's next leaders
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 December 2017
I really enjoy teaching in the program and find it rewarding. The courses are set up well and I can take on as much as I want throughout the year. It's been a very good experience.
Good old boys club
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 December 2017
If you're part of the "in-group" it's a great place, otherwise, favoritism and nepotism are rampant regardless of how hard you work. Promotions and salary increases are given based on who you know, not what you contribute. Best way to describe the culture is a college fraternity that you are never allowed to join.
Cut Throat
University Development Representative (Current Employee) –  California2 December 2017
Managers will steal your leads to give to their favorites. We fight with each other for leads, its pathetic. The benefits are decent though, but not worth the stress.
Fun atmosphere with great people
University Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 December 2017
Grand Canyon University is an amazing company that really cares about their employees. A typically day includes cold calling and helping potential students find their motivation to go back to school and achieve their dreams. Management is awesome and they really try their best to help you succeed in the job. The hardest part of the job is on the days when you have no appointments and don't actually talk with anyone and you just dial for the full 8 hours. The people you're surrounded by, however, make it much better.
Adjunct Faculty
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 November 2017
Enjoyed working with student nurses and helping them gain the skills needed to become a RN after graduation. Working in the hospital and watching them learn new skills and get to interact with patients,
Hard to take a breath
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZ15 November 2017
The employees working at GCU's tech center are excellent. Everyone tries to keep a positive mood. But, it sometimes needs to be forced due to the amount of talking in a very fast-paced environment.
Experience at Grand Canyon
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ14 November 2017
The ethics at GCU became a problem for me with the students they were enrollling at the end. The workplace was very professional and they treated their employees well.
high paced, very structed, competitive
Doctoral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ13 November 2017
Provided daily consultation to prospective PhD learners via outbound calls, email and face to face interactions.
Made and often exceeded my quota on a monthly basis bringing in a possibility of a return on investment of at least $172,000 per month.
Managed a diverse demographic of PhD students on a monthly basis to prepare them for their monthly start dates.
Discussed prospective student’s background, goals and objectives to determine fit with GCU doctoral expectations.
Overcame unrealistic objections and provided de-escalation when necessary.
Pros
Opportunity to work closely with a very diverse, highly intelligent group of individuals.
Expectations set high and employees do not feel secure. High turnover of employees.
University Counselor (Former Employee) –  27th Ave & Camelback12 November 2017
This is a high stress job and although University Counselor is the job title, it is a sales position and you are required to enroll a set number each month.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not a secure job
Love my Job
Adjunct Online and Ground Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 November 2017
I love teaching and love being able to work remotely. It is flexible, but the fact that I am adjunct does not allow me to work as much as I would wish to be able to.
Pros
flexible, remote work
Cons
low pay, not enough work

Want to know more about Grand Canyon University?

Ask a question
Be Taken Care Of
Junior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 November 2017
Grand Canyon University is a fantastic place to work. They have a clear objective within the next few years and that is to grow and become a prestigious institution. As a University Admissions Representative you are constantly looking for students that would like to attend GCU through a well thought out CRM and sales cycle. The environment is friendly but very serious when it comes to achieving goals. The school does take care of its employees but you need to make sure you are taking care of the school. GCU is a business and is run ambitiously so a lot of growth can take place. Make sure you are on top of things and are doing what you are suppose to do and you will be just fine.
Solid position
Admissions (Former Employee) –  CA7 November 2017
Solid company that is constantly growing. Job will change while you are there. Procedures change as well. Great place to work for those with young kids.
Great educational benefit
Online Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 November 2017
This was a good job for the time. It was in the economic downturn and we were able to survive here. They have the benefit of free education for family members!
Pros
Free Education from a great school!
Cons
boring
Marketing Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 November 2017
I loved working at GCU. It provided a challenge to advance my career. Offered free education to employee and immediate family members. I was able to have a work life balance.
Typical Call Center
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ3 November 2017
If you want to pressure people into degrees they don't want/need then you should apply here. Terrible ethics even though they're a 'Christian' company.

Management is a cut throat, backstabbing and employee favoriting group. If you were not part of the chosen few you were denied opportunities and students.

High pressure performance environment. If you missed two months, even by one enrollment, you were put on a correction plan. No real guidance to help you improve.

The best part would be the hours. You come in, work and go home. Very nice work life balance.
N/a
Adjunct Chemistry Lab Teacher, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 November 2017
I do not plan on filling this out. I have provided feedback in the other sections of this form. No reply to this section. I have now typed 150 minimum characters.
Pros
Good students. Faculty friendly.
Cons
Chemistry department competitive.
Fun Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 November 2017
Enjoy my time with my students. This just an Adjunct position. I work full-time in an Urgent Care. Have been there nearly 4 years. Looking for an oportunity to use my skills and expand my practice.
Pros
Fun and challenging
Cons
Very exciting, energetic, respectful and FUN!
EXEUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ31 October 2017
Typical day was filled with regular daily responsibilities along with fun, unexpected exciting and challenging tasks. I learned to be more compassionate and loyal. Learned new things with MS Office applications. I had a wonderful, strict, fair and honest manager (Exec VP for College of Education). Really enjoyed all the management and staff. As a Christian company, the workplace was full of kindness and desire to succeed. The most difficult part of my job was seeing other employees come and go for whatever reason. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving others, and learning new things.
Pros
Good employee benefits. Great management and staff
Excellent place for those looking to couple salary and tuition benefits
University Counselor I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ24 October 2017
Grand Canyon University is a great place in which you have the ability to help others reach for their dreams of becoming a better person by bettering their environment and their outlook.
Great Place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 8501722 October 2017
Finally a job that has decent benefits and coworkers that are a tight knit group. Lots of work to be done. Benefits are one of the best outside of working for a government agency.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Lack of Career Advancement, Lack of training program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Canyon University. Our community is ready to answer.