Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineDecember 2, 2014
Typically, the day consists of checking into the classroom, responding to questions, reading and replying on the discussion board, and grading all assignments.
Great starting company
Enrollment/ University Development Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: management, work environment, co-workers
Cons: salary is extremely low compared to other schools, disorganized, hostility between departments, not real opportunities for advancement, high turnover ratio.
The company is a great starting company. What I mean by that is it will help propel you where you want to go for your next career. The Christian value is very strong which is awesome.
Amazing place to work for...
Student Services Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2014
Pros: training support, work culture, positive place to work
I've never worked for a company that provided so much support to their employees. This was the best job I've had in higher education regardless of the amount of work you have. Your shift goes by very quickly which is not a bad thing. Great people, positive atmosphere, and work culture.
Busy environment
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: monday through friday schedule
Cons: hard to move into mangement
Busy environment as you deal with students. Management assists where needed. Love my co-workers! Hardest part of the job is just being organized and keeping up with student requests.
GCU Christian Following ' Hardly Think So!!!!
Technical Support Rep. (Former Employee), 27th and CamelbackNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: low pay, no consistantcey, management, no job security
I only worked at GCU for 2 1/2 months. I feel like a learned a lot from my co-workers and thought I would be there for a while. A typical day is non-stop calling/sometimes missed breaks and some favoritism. Management gave me chances to improve and I did in every aspect I was aware of. The calls are monitored and scored and the scores are supposed to – more... be shared with you. After given the chances to improve I was never once given a score. The reason I was let go, my scores were not up to standards. How can I improve on every aspect of what is asked of me if the one part I was let go for was never told to me to allow me to improve or even know that there was a problem? The hardest part of the job was the constant calls but I was there to do a job and I did to the best of my ability. I was given kudos by my lead and even people who called told my lead that I was great. I my payment for all my hard work and dedication to this job was "sorry it's not working out, your scores don't meet our standards". The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I work with and I liked the hours. – less
Interesting place to work
Public Safety Officer Corporal (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Everyday is different from the last. Certain duties remain the same but what all happens in the day is different. Whether escorting students to their vehicles, searching rooms for contraband, or just locking/unlocking doors. I look forward to each day as a new and interesting challenge.
Great place to further my nursing education
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Pros: helping people, doing what i love
A typical clinical day would be 12 hours, students were given the opportunity to practice skills learned during courses on real patients. Students were encourage to participate as active members in the interdiciplinary team.
Facilities Management Representative.
Facilities Management Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2014
This job is very enjoyable because you get to interact with university students and employees by meeting their needs when it comes to comfort in their areas of work or study.
Great Work Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
You are to sign in and get on phone or chats depending on which they ask you to complete that day.
I learned a lot about customer service in this environment and how to manage others.
Management was great, very knowledgeable, and always willing to assist.
Co-workers were great and always willing to assist.
The hardest part of the job was the high call – more... volume you would deal with, along with running chats at the same time.
I really liked how they rewarded you for good QA scores and also that the workers all got along. – less
A Christian University and Employer?
Enrollment Counselor (Inside B2C) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: lots of time off, fair pay, holidays off
Cons: unethical recruiting practices, poor culture, bad leadership
As a GCU alum I really liked going to school at GCU. It was a Christian atmosphere with a great learning environment with classes online and on-campus. As an employee of the company I have found a very different side of the company. Employees dislike their jobs, the culture is poor, fear of job loss is an every day feeling, they use quotas for admissions – more... recruiters and that is unethical (my opinion) in the education industry. The schooling side is Christian, the employer side is not. – less
GCU Work life
Server Administrator/Exchange Administrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexibility to work remote as needed.
Cons: difficult work/life balance
GCU is a very fast paced environment that has growth challenges that any growing company would face. It is interesting to see where the company will go and how it will continue to grow. It can be a fun place to work since there are friendly people here and others that are willing to help you out when needed.
productive
Office Assistant (Current Employee), 3300 W Camelback rd Phoenix Az 85017September 15, 2014
Pros: friendly people, smiling faces, making you feel welcomed
Cons: short breaks, some bad attitudes
Everyday I am greeted by friendly people who make me feel like I belong in the place where I am at. Everyday I learn more and more about data entry and scheduling. My co-workers are kind and friendly to me. They help me whenever I ask for it. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with others attitude and being put under pressure. To me the – more... most enjoyable part is coming on the campus and see all of the smiles on every ones face. – less
High Stress and Poor Pay
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: everything else!
Only people with connections to UOP have any chance of being successful. Everyone goes home exhausted and most eat and go right to bed.

Management is only driven by numbers (not quality and current education skills) and have no "management style or philosophy." They preach servant leadership, but in reality have no leadership. People being promoted – more... are not psychologically evaluated nor trained in Situational Leadership or Strengths Leadership or servant leadership. Employees are bullied and can be publicly held up to ridicule.

No one advocates for the student; and, if they do, they are told that is not their job. Over 50% of the people in the college where I work in are trying to find a way out.

Growth targets are not constrained to provide support for students. Trying to grow from a small university at over 30% annually is detrimental to the reputation of the University and what it had built in the past. – less
Working with friendly people employees that love to educate
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help other accomplish their educational goals
A typical day consists of presentations, returning calls, visiting high schools, returning emails and training new employees.
Not great
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: bad upper managment
When I worked there they were just expanding so everything was unorganized.
Regional Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2014
No local guidance with regards to traininng and development
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 29, 2014
I call students who are interested in getting a Bachelor's or Master's
Degree. I make sure we have the right degree program that will help them reach their future goals.
A lot of changes in a different direction
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Tempe AZJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free education from a accredited school.
Cons: lack of job security
The company overall isn't a bad one but at the end of the day a position as a enrollment counselor is still a sales position and not a customer service position as described to me. currently the company is in a state of flux regarding it's expansion and as an employee we have no idea where our positions will be next year.
A New Beginning
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, helping my co-workers and customers
Cons: management, pay is low, hours are low, federal work study
I have worked for Grand Canyon University for three years as a technical support representative. When I first began my first semester at Grand Canyon University as a freshman, I was ecstatic to be apart of their IT department. I was able to assist students, staff, and faculty with issues they were not able to handle on their own. I enjoyed helping our – more... customers with their issues, and I enjoy knowing that I have helped someone to be successful in their classes so they can achieve what they are striving for in the future. However, the management has changed quite a bit and I have not been able to enjoy myself at this job since I transferred back to the school from Arizona State University. I get along with my co-workers and my customers very well and I know how to be successful under pressure, but the management has a lot of favoritism and my co-workers and I do not feel like we are apart of a family anymore and we do not get paid enough to be treated unfairly. The management is the hardest part of my job but other than the management, the pay, and the limited hours you can work, this job changes peoples' lives. – less
great culture, great management, great place to work
Student Service Advisor II (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2014
Pros: h
fast paced call center environment. one one one telephone communication with students to assist with academic and finance counseling. Hands on management and helpful cow-workers provide a pleasant work place. Great benefits and free schooling!

1 2 3 4 5

About Grand Canyon University

Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them – Read more

Grand Canyon University Photos