Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Amazing Faculty Support
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ23 February 2017
I have just started with GCU and am so impressed with the amount of support given to new faculty as well as ongoing training and development. I am teaching online course in psychology.
Very rewarding experience
Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ22 February 2017
Very rewarding job. Enjoyed working with students. I learned a lot of thingings I had forgotten since graduating from nursing.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Traveling to teach classes
A Very Relaxing Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ22 February 2017
A typical day is interacting with customers everyday and providing proper service. There were hours were is was very relaxing and other hours were it was very fast-pace. The working environment was very comfortable to be in.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Breaks
Great place
Food Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 February 2017
Great place to work at. The people are nice, fun and entertaining. The atmosphere is welcoming and you are able to connect with students and encourage them.
Not a great experince
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 February 2017
I worked as an adjunct professor teaching research methods online. The amount of compensation required for the amount of work put into teaching online was not worth it. Although I got very favorable feedback from students I was not offered teaching contracts after two years.
Cons
too much work for little compensation
Can be a good company based on leadership
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 February 2017
Grand Canyon has a great mission lots of good people but it however has too many old school uop individuals who ciuldnt get it done there but instead of learning doing same thing at GCU. If you have a good manager you will get
Opportunity however it definitely is a god ole boys network and if you dont have a personal relationship who will see the glass ceiling. New pay structure seems good but in reality isnt. It takes advantage of turnover. To make 70k need to be there almost 4 years. Also before you could get yor education for free and that is no longer after paying taxes books etc you almost pay the same as the students. You also can only get one degree paid for where as before was unlimited. Good for someone where call center exp is needed and a discounted degree but for career minded people not a good fit.
Pros
Experience, good people
Cons
Ethics, pay, inexperienced management, glass ceiling
Good Work environment
University Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ15 February 2017
The University has a lot of great things to look forward too. It is doing a great job of blending online academics with the traditional University experience.
Tedious but rewarding
University Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ15 February 2017
I make 200 dials a day & speak to nobody for a week. However, when I finally get that student enrolled ,and started it's extremely rewarding
Pros
Crazy benefits
Cons
Tedious
Fun, Structured Workplace with Ample Learning Opportunity
Promotions Team Member and Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 February 2017
GCU has been an excellent company to work for. One great thing about working here has been that I am a student first, worker second. Balancing a full-time student work load and a job is challenging. GCU, however, makes it easier. The promotions team is a fun, tight-knit team to be on. We get to spend a lot of time casually hanging out with high school students. On the other hand, we also get to work very professional events, some even for the CEO. Overall, I have learned so much from this job. Without this job, I wouldn't know as much as I do about teamwork, marketing, event planning, and leadership.
Pros
Free food/gear
Cons
Inconsistency
Great school
Marketing Videographer, Videographer Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 February 2017
Enjoyed attending GCU for 4 years. Great weather. Great campus. Lots of activities. Great athletic programs. Go Lopes.
Semi-flexibility
Content Chair (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 February 2017
The privilege of working from home two days out of the week; flexibility with working hours. Semi-friendly working environment.
Pros
Semi-flexibility with work
Cons
intense workload
Pleasure in changing lives
University Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ7 February 2017
Working for Grand Canyon University allowed me to work closely with those within the community to educate them on the benefits of obtaining a college degree. Very rewarding job!
Great Place to Work
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 February 2017
There is a lively culture at GCU and the students encourage one another in positive ways. The classroom experience is positive.
Great School, great management and staff
On-Campus Courtesy Cart Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ27 January 2017
GCU has great security all around campus to make students feel safe. They also have great staff and faculty to make the school a great learning environment. They work with school schedules and help find ways to better students education.
Once again you are independent.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ22 January 2017
This culture allowed me to grow more in some ways than did Glendale and in others I was more isolated. I would have liked more direction. I had finished my second semester before I found out I hand to get my own ID. They did, however, allow me to write and expand more than GCC.
Pros
The ability to do more--course writing.
Cons
A bit more isolated--no faculty meetings.
Best Teaching Experience
Adjunct Mathematics, Programming and IT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ22 January 2017
I had a great opportunity to teaching at higher Ed institution and that gave a great experience what to expect from students at that level.
job provides good interaction with students online and provides core content to be taught
Adjunct Professor of Christian Studies (Current Employee) –  work from home22 January 2017
IF you love teaching and have another job this is a great place to work. Communication with supervisor/scheduler can be weak. The pay is per 8 week class and results in a $10 an hour job.
Strong Christian culture with great benefits.
University Counselor-College of Education (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 January 2017
This is a great job for people who are self-motivated and require minimal supervision. Various opportunities to grow for those are engaging in the organization.
Needs more oppertunity for growth within the orginization
University Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 January 2017
Call center environment, lacking in personal growth and development opportunities. Management is often outsourced from other universities thus leaving minimal internal growth.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Lack of advancement oppertunities
A good place
Student Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 January 2017
GCU is a great place to work. It provides many benefits and gives employees opportunities for advancement. These benefits include tuition, health, and many discounts.