Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Facilities Management Representative.
Facilities Management Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2014
This job is very enjoyable because you get to interact with university students and employees by meeting their needs when it comes to comfort in their areas of work or study.
Great Work Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
You are to sign in and get on phone or chats depending on which they ask you to complete that day.
I learned a lot about customer service in this environment and how to manage others.
Management was great, very knowledgeable, and always willing to assist.
Co-workers were great and always willing to assist.
The hardest part of the job was the high call – more... volume you would deal with, along with running chats at the same time.
I really liked how they rewarded you for good QA scores and also that the workers all got along. – less
A Christian University and Employer?
Enrollment Counselor (Inside B2C) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: lots of time off, fair pay, holidays off
Cons: unethical recruiting practices, poor culture, bad leadership
As a GCU alum I really liked going to school at GCU. It was a Christian atmosphere with a great learning environment with classes online and on-campus. As an employee of the company I have found a very different side of the company. Employees dislike their jobs, the culture is poor, fear of job loss is an every day feeling, they use quotas for admissions – more... recruiters and that is unethical (my opinion) in the education industry. The schooling side is Christian, the employer side is not. – less
GCU Work life
Server Administrator/Exchange Administrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexibility to work remote as needed.
Cons: difficult work/life balance
GCU is a very fast paced environment that has growth challenges that any growing company would face. It is interesting to see where the company will go and how it will continue to grow. It can be a fun place to work since there are friendly people here and others that are willing to help you out when needed.
productive
Office Assistant (Current Employee), 3300 W Camelback rd Phoenix Az 85017September 15, 2014
Pros: friendly people, smiling faces, making you feel welcomed
Cons: short breaks, some bad attitudes
Everyday I am greeted by friendly people who make me feel like I belong in the place where I am at. Everyday I learn more and more about data entry and scheduling. My co-workers are kind and friendly to me. They help me whenever I ask for it. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with others attitude and being put under pressure. To me the – more... most enjoyable part is coming on the campus and see all of the smiles on every ones face. – less
High Stress and Poor Pay
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: everything else!
Only people with connections to UOP have any chance of being successful. Everyone goes home exhausted and most eat and go right to bed.

Management is only driven by numbers (not quality and current education skills) and have no "management style or philosophy." They preach servant leadership, but in reality have no leadership. People being promoted – more... are not psychologically evaluated nor trained in Situational Leadership or Strengths Leadership or servant leadership. Employees are bullied and can be publicly held up to ridicule.

No one advocates for the student; and, if they do, they are told that is not their job. Over 50% of the people in the college where I work in are trying to find a way out.

Growth targets are not constrained to provide support for students. Trying to grow from a small university at over 30% annually is detrimental to the reputation of the University and what it had built in the past. – less
Working with friendly people employees that love to educate
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help other accomplish their educational goals
A typical day consists of presentations, returning calls, visiting high schools, returning emails and training new employees.
Not great
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: bad upper managment
When I worked there they were just expanding so everything was unorganized.
Regional Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2014
No local guidance with regards to traininng and development
Grand Canyon University
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 29, 2014
I call students who are interested in getting a Bachelor's or Master's
Degree. I make sure we have the right degree program that will help them reach their future goals.
A lot of changes in a different direction
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Tempe AZJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free education from a accredited school.
Cons: lack of job security
The company overall isn't a bad one but at the end of the day a position as a enrollment counselor is still a sales position and not a customer service position as described to me. currently the company is in a state of flux regarding it's expansion and as an employee we have no idea where our positions will be next year.
A New Beginning
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, helping my co-workers and customers
Cons: management, pay is low, hours are low, federal work study
I have worked for Grand Canyon University for three years as a technical support representative. When I first began my first semester at Grand Canyon University as a freshman, I was ecstatic to be apart of their IT department. I was able to assist students, staff, and faculty with issues they were not able to handle on their own. I enjoyed helping our – more... customers with their issues, and I enjoy knowing that I have helped someone to be successful in their classes so they can achieve what they are striving for in the future. However, the management has changed quite a bit and I have not been able to enjoy myself at this job since I transferred back to the school from Arizona State University. I get along with my co-workers and my customers very well and I know how to be successful under pressure, but the management has a lot of favoritism and my co-workers and I do not feel like we are apart of a family anymore and we do not get paid enough to be treated unfairly. The management is the hardest part of my job but other than the management, the pay, and the limited hours you can work, this job changes peoples' lives. – less
great culture, great management, great place to work
Student Service Advisor II (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2014
Pros: h
fast paced call center environment. one one one telephone communication with students to assist with academic and finance counseling. Hands on management and helpful cow-workers provide a pleasant work place. Great benefits and free schooling!
Productive and Fun
Student Worker - Enrollment Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2014
Pros: in the city, flexible with schedules
Cons: short breaks and certain amount of hours as student worker
A typical day at work consists of a increase amount of work with student's applying, transferring information, updating information and staying consistent with percentages for whom the leads are being distributed to. I've learned so many things working with CRM, Excel, and Word. Creating advance finds from data bases. I love my co-workers they are very – more... fun and enjoyable to be around we are able to talk and still be very productive in our work. The hardest part of the job is when there is a decrease amount of work. Most enjoyable part about the job is there is not stress from the manager she want you to be productive but will not hassle you about a project that needs to get done she just checks in to see where your at. – less
Growing thriving workplace
Financial Aid Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2014
they are flexible with their schedules and let you finish school, there are even options to work from home. The benefits are really good and they are growing so you can work nearly anywhere in the valley.
My Experience As a Business Developer
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 7, 2014
- Very Flexible Schedule
- Management is Extremely Helpful
- The hardest part of my job is making sure my work/family life is in balance which I have accomplished in time.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is the great people that I work with.
Great University
Senior Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2014
It was great place to work at and meet new friends. I got a lot of training and a free education. After 5 and a half years I knew that the education industry is something I would not want to advance in.
I worked with all health majors
HOSA Student Community Chairman (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: worked with all health care majors
Cons: managing a time where everyone could meet once a week
This was a leadership role that provided excellent leaderships skill while at the time it was very fun to plan the events and very flexible.
Fun working place
Qualifying Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix AZJune 26, 2014
Pros: on site restaurants
Cons: no advancement opportunities
I oversee 25 current student workers. I do daily and weekly reporting to management and provide quality feedback to student workers. I have learned so much about the education environment. management and co-workers are easy to get along with. I enjoy working with student workers as you see them advance in their learning education.
Terrific Academic School
International Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Tempe, ArizonaJune 25, 2014
Pros: tuition benefit
Cons: heavy numbers based
The most rewarding part of working at Grand Canyon was knowing I was making an impact of students over the phone whom wanted to go back to school for a purpose. I enrolled Teachers, Business minded entrepreneurs, and I even enrolled International students whom wanted to complete their degree. Grand Canyon is an excellent school which stands by their – more... four pillars of education as well as their mission statement. They are involved in the community like no other school I have attended, they really do practice servant leadership, instead of preaching it. Even after I was longer working there I completed my Bachelors and my Masters with them, because I believe in their vision of this school as well as the direction it is headed. GO LOPES! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Grand Canyon University

Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them – Read more

Grand Canyon University Photos