Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ27 April 2017
Loved it for my first office job as a student worker. They really care about you as a person and they understand that school comes first. They work with your schedule.
Decent job, some cons
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ27 April 2017
GCU is a good place to work, but management in the online nursing division is terrible. Lots of drama, favoritism, and inconsistent. If you want to grow, make sure that you befriend the right people.
Be aware that this is a phone sales job! The online enrollment division is very corporate and numbers are all they care about. Little to no training after the initial new hire process.
Great organization with fun environment
University Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ25 April 2017
The job itself is not the most exciting, but the team and manager is what makes it enjoyable. I enjoy going to work everyday and looking forward to working alongside my team.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 April 2017
I enjoyed teaching the young people, but the culture was not conducive to learning from multiple points of view. The pay was also not worth the effort and time necessary to do a good job.
Great experience
Inbound/Outbound Qualifying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 April 2017
I love that i was able to learn a lot with this job and able to create professional relationships. The only downside of this job was that student workers, working about the same hours and having the same access as full time employees, they got paid $7.00 difference.
Pros
Amazing opportunities within GCU.
Cons
Student workers get paid way less for doing the same as full time.
Wonderful Place to Work
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 April 2017
GCU has really given me a lot of education and experience. I wish I could land a full time job here, but I believe God is calling me somewhere else. GCU supports that.
Warm and welcoming environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  virtual20 April 2017
I enjoy teaching my students at Grand Canyon and especially with the opportunity to incorporate biblical principles to the lessons being taught. The flexibility of being able to start and end your day at your convenience is a plus.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Consistency with amount of course you teach at a time
Fun and productive
Ground Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ19 April 2017
Good place to work as a student, down time to work on homework, and great community and opportunities to move up. Everyone is nice and all staff members are easy to work with and more than willing to help learn knew information.
Excellent company
Adjunct Faculty, Faculty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waiāhole, HI18 April 2017
Challenges abound at Grand Canyon but each supervisor works to ensure the highest levels of service are maintained for each employee and student attending GCU.
Great Compensation Poor managment and coporate culture
Regional Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ13 April 2017
While I enjoyed this job and my direct manager. Upper level management set unrealistic recruitment goals. These goals made work-life balance nearly impossible. Admissions also has a very different culture than the one advertised by traditional campus
Great Employees in the Food Service Office
Food service administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 April 2017
I only have experience in the Food Service Department in the office side of things. Nice environment where employees work together. You will be train and learn new skills. The employees are wonderful people in the Food Service Department! They are wonderful to work with and for.
Eh
Junior Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 April 2017
This is an alright place to work with. Pay is low but there is room for career advancement. Management is awful in the student contact department. Horrible training and little incentive to do well
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Tedious, Poor Management
Purposeful and promotive in education and career!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 April 2017
GCU is an extraordinary company whose education quality only continues to excel and advance whilst their employment expands and strengthens. Their rooted belief in biblical doctrine has given them a foundation that withstands change and competition.
Fun job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 April 2017
Great experience with supporting future nurse's and their education endeavor. Awesome extra job for a little extra income and opportunity to participate in future nursing.
Gcu
Student Service Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 April 2017
Gcu was a good company during my season. GCU offers a great environment to flourish. Student advising can be a challenge with any institution of higher learning.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great Environment, Individualized teaching helped strengthen skill
Student Design Club Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 April 2017
Great school, chose it because it offered the promise of a more individualized education, tight community, and affordable living. I made many friends and got involved in the local design community, held a 3.9 grade point, and furthered my graphic design knowledge. I keep in contact with many friends and teachers from the school still.
Pros
Environment, teachers
Cons
Heat
Good place to gain office experience, but very stressful at times.
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ28 March 2017
Expected a lot out of us despite the lower wage we received. Was a great job in terms of gaining office experience and experiencing high stress. Was hard to navigate scheduling while being a full-time student.
Great Workplace
University Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL28 March 2017
GCU is an amazing company and does great things for the local Phoenix community. The flexibility they provide employees is endless. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Pros
Faith Based
Good atmosphere
Tech Support Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ23 March 2017
Grand Canyon University was a positive and encouraging environment to work for while I was attending school full time. Furthermore, they were willing to work with my schedule so that I could fully focus on my classes.
Productive and Inspiring Workplace
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 March 2017
Working at Grand Canyon University(GCU) for almost 7 years has taught me a multitude of skills. I have had the ability to make great relationships and partnerships throughout the entire University and enjoyed the positive attitude and passion of those I worked with. The most difficult part of this job was the long 3 1/2 hour commute into west Phoenix, which was a recent change from the Tempe location where I worked most of my time at GCU. I enjoyed all the community interaction, involvements, and the passion for change the University so often expressed.
Pros
Passionate employee, excellent benefits
Cons
Long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Canyon University. Our community is ready to answer.