Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Great job!
Full Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 December 2016
Great job culture and room for advancement. Supportive of self-improvement and keeping a good work-life balance. Great benefits and flexibility. Great!
Great Place
University Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 December 2016
Great company to work for, just make sure you are fully aware of the job you are getting into and if it is something that can provide for your needs.
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 December 2016
Great people to work with and get more experience. There is a lot of people that are will to help. Not to good of pay for the labor. Benefits wild be a good plus. Management very knowledgeable.
Pros
Free food, free parking, great employees
Cons
No benefits
Great company culture and place to work.
University Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA4 December 2016
Great company to work for. Management always trying to improve work/life balance. Excellent benefits and the pay is higher than any other college in the state.
Benefits
Cons
Micro management
Wages
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jemez Pueblo, NM30 November 2016
I loved the University in itself. With the Christian foundation and the studies were excellent. It was a work-study position.
Not People Centric
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ29 November 2016
This place is all profits over their people that got them there. Yes they have saturated the market for advertising that does not make them a good place to work just amazing at marketing their brand.
Pros
you can get your degree for free
Cons
poor pay, expspensive health benefits, horrible management and HR is lousy at best
Fun workplace, familial relationships and high trust.
Student Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 November 2016
Managers were willing to work with class schedules.
Typical work day included transactions with customers, stocking clothing, rearranging store, other specific tasks given from managers, and closing other stores on campus.
Management team and co-workers were all extremely caring and easy to work with.
Most difficult part of the job was asserting authority with other student workers my age and the most enjoyable part of the job was engaging and working with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Lunches were paid.
Cons
Many miscommunications in terms of instruction and rules.
OK Place to Work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ13 November 2016
The job has its ups and downs but it depends on what you are looking for. It can pay well depending on the position you have. Just be prepared for the 10+ hour work days and working on the weekends. If you need encouragement in order to be motivated this also might not be the place for you.
Great Job
Student Services Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 November 2016
I love the culture and the environment that I work in. I am looking for advancement opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help students earn their degrees and the support of management to help employees reach their desired goals.
Gcu tech
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 November 2016
Was a very difficult learning curve. Was fun after getting that hang of it but it took so long to get to that point. Cool place to learn a lot of new computer skills that I will always have.
Very corporate, not christian at all
Regional Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ31 October 2016
The company is not run like a typical university, but rather as a corporation. All about sales and how many students you enroll. No bonuses or commission. Poor management who is constantly under a great deal of stress.
Pros
Mileage re-imbursement, free phone and tablet.
Cons
12 hr days, lots of cold calling
Grand Canyon University
ENROLLMENT COUNSELOR LEADER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ27 October 2016
There is room for career development and growth, management is consistently aiding and training towards employee successes, great work/life balance.
Becoming like U of Phx
Student Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ26 October 2016
Losing sight of their "Christian Heritage". No accountability for leadership not acting like leaders. No accountability for people who don't produce. Beautiful campus... terrible area of Phoenix. A lot of opportunity, but if you are looking for servant leadership you will not find it here. They are all about numbers... grow grow grow.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Location, management, senior leadership
Productive and fun place to work
University Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ15 October 2016
Ask questions and be willing to learn.
Great people to work with.
Benefits and perks are awesome and they have a lot of opportunity to grow.

Job expectations: Ask questions about the reality of the job.
Grand Canyon
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Remote8 October 2016
I have a fairly liberal schedule as I am an adjunct employee. I would have liked to have been full-time but there are no online full-time adjunct positions.
Food service
Food Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 October 2016
Job was great and so were my co-workers. Upper management wasn't the best which caused problems. Also we worked with a outside vendor and they would cause trouble.
Phone Job
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 October 2016
Good place to work if you like a cubicle job on the phone. Expectations are clear and there are many departments to work within the company. They try to hire within and are really good at promoting good employees.
Nice environment, boring job
IT - Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  5115 N 27th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 8501726 September 2016
Pretty boring calling and annoy people all day. Good thing about are flexible hours I could get there. Supervisors are nice and helpful.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Public Safety Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ23 September 2016
I was very thankful to receive a job opportunity at GCU , the staff were amazing.I loved the aspect of being given a job to do and left alone to do it. I loved the flexibility I had to balance my work life and student life.I enjoyed the diversity of it all. I feIt that i was appreciated and allowed to take initiative to get things accomplished. I was trusted.
Great place to work for
University Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ23 September 2016
Employees are great and moral that I have never seen before. Great place to work for. Not all employees are there for the benefit of the students. Benefits are the BESTI have ever seen!
Pros
Great
Cons
Great PTO, Work Likfe Balance