Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Grand Canyon University
Student-Teacher Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, telecommuted from Los Angeles.April 22, 2015
Pros: Very rewarding emotionally. Fair expectations. You know exactly what you need to do.
Cons: Communication sucks. My position was eliminated by a low-level supervisor, and I had no recourse.
I worked as a Student Teacher on site Supervisor. I loved doing this job. The problem lay in the fact that you were expected to drive long distances to observe a student in their classroom assignment. The fuel costs were exorbitant! There were no "co-workers" so there was no one with whom one could go, to help work out effective practices.
One needed to go to TaskStream and evaluate the student within a short period of time, and the student was then expected to improve their practice. My students seemed to think I was pretty fair, and only one time, did this become a problem, where I was told I was assigned a student who had failed the semester before, and then my immediate supervisor told me I had contacted the student improperly. No one asked my side of the story, and then I was suddenly out of work. I was so disappointed. I loved that job, and it is a shame they were so stupid about it. I never thought I would be so casually thrown aside.
You receive a stipend per student per term. I wish it had covered my expenses better.
A wonderful community
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2015
As an enrollment counselor/university recruiter, most of my time was spent searching for quality students and processing new student paperwork. The best part of the job was building relationships with your students and helping them throughout their time at Grand Canyon University.
The job and company are very exciting.
Credential Evaluator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2015
the company always has new program offerings. There are always free events that employees can take their families too.
A calm workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
Working at Grand Canyon is great. It allowed me to develop time management, and leadership. I went in with no office experience and since then I have learned and done more that I though I could working there.
Excellent Benefit Package
University Development Representative (Current Employee), Home BasedApril 10, 2015
Grand Canyon University offers a great benefit package including tuition assistance. Leadership, flexibility and endurance are necessary to succeed. I am fortunate to have worked with GCU, met co-workers I now call friends and received excellent educational degrees.
Experience here depends on what you do
University Development Representative (Current Employee), NJApril 9, 2015
External reps - University Development Reps have extremely high requirements that are predominantly unattainable. There is no work-life balance. You have a work cell that you are expected to make yourself available at any time. If you work less than 60 hours in this role, you will not be successful. If you do not meet their metrics, you will be released. Positions on campus are different. The environment on campus is night-and-day to external reps.
Performanced based sales
Doctoral Enrollment Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Inept leadership at the senior and excecutive levels
Very hectic high pressure sales to meet enrollment quota's for each start date. The company was always is a perpetual state of organizational change. I learned how to manage organizational changes in regard to operations and employee performance expectations. As a manager I attempted to pursue a transformational leadership style with servant leadership behavioral attributes. My coworkers where extremely supportive and we actively communicated and collaborated to be more effective managers. The most challenging aspect of the job was working with my direct supervisor which was a senior vice president that was never around and did not support her managers. The most enjoyable part of my job was having a positive impact on my direct reports and the learners that we helped start their doctoral programs.
Structured and productive work environment that cares about student success and customer service.
University Development Representative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 7, 2015
Work days consist of creating and attending events at local businesses, schools, and organizations to provide information through presentations on GCU online programs. On days when events are not scheduled responsibilities included following up and guiding students through the enrollment process. Hardest part of the job is finding students interested in pursuing higher education. However, when you do it is a great feeling to know that you just made a difference in someone's life.
Great opportunites for employees
Online Instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: working from home, various perks, and working with the students
Cons: turn around time for posting grades andstudents turning in late assignments
A typical day a work consist of communicating with the students, responding to their questions, and grading their assignments. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help those students who are auditory learners because we work online, and the enjoyable part is being able to work from home.
Counselor
Student Service Advisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: daily restrictions
Worked with over 300 online students from enrollment to graduation. Daily schedule of accounts and meeting deadlines. Accounting, financial aid, auditing students accounts to make sure all finance and academic information is corrected and completed. Worked with a team of 10 counselors. I was the team lead for over 1 year. Hardest part of the job was sitting at my desk for a long period of time. Most enjoyable was training and helping others on my team.
Exceptional employee support, lives by core Christian values.
Curriculum Design Developer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
The management and co-workers are amazing for helping you if your learning curve is a bit steeper than others. Great feeling of family and togetherness.
Quickly Expanding Organization
Student-Athlete Academic Coach (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2015
Great enviroment to work in. It is expanding so quickly that employees have to be prepared for frequent changes. Overall campus community is sincere and close-knit. Strong Christian comradery.
Make a difference
Sr. Student Services Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2015
It was a great 4 years. Learned a lot, felt like I impacted many students' lives for the better.

Management has a politics issue they need to work on.
Good People, Lots of perks
Enrollment Counselor - Super Team 9 Regina Madden (Current Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 13, 2015
Good People, Lots of perks such as extra days off, and basket ball tickets. Over all the management is good. The environment is call center, and the job can be monotonous. However, there are lots of ongoing activities, friendly people, and perks such as destination GCU, free lunch, basket ball games, and lots of paid half days, and other extra paid days off.
Great work environment
Online Nursing Enrollment Counselor- CONHS (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: fun! lots of fun events
Cons: lot of sitting
Great place to work at, fun and friendly. GCU is a place of growth and they provide the right tools to assure your success. There are lots of fun events to attend to and lots of rewards towards their employees.
Best way to make friends
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), ArizonaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: always had free food when we did well
Cons: not enough hours were given
a typical day would be make as many calls possible and be able to transfer them over to the counselor who would be able to give them more information on the school and to get them registered if they where in interested. Co-workers were friendly and were there to assist if help was needed. The enjoyable part was competing with co-workers who made the most transfers, it always motivated us.
Great people, great product
Student Teacher Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: can be done in spare time
Cons: tough to schedule around other full time employment
Have worked here for several years now part time. Has been a great experience and I have always been treated well. Very low stress environment
GCU
Doctoral Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Management does not support employees and selected hiring process makes it hard to advance.
Fun Job
Regional Development Rep. (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Great Company to associate with and work for, GCU encourages diversity in all areas and they respect all races and encourage everyone that needs education to get educated. The training full was well organized and educative, my director helped in transitioning into my role and helped establishing necessary contacts.
One of Phoenix Best places to work
Team Lead Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the pay, the time off, company activites, staff and managers
Cons: job can keep you busy
When I first arrived in Phoenix, I didn't know much about GCU, but after being here for almost 5 years, I truly believe it is a blessing and privilege to work there. While we are given great compensation, incredible Holidays off, but the best part is that I work with smart, talented, and caring people. I was amazed by how fast my coworkers became like family. GCU is really big in promoting from within, so it is not hard to be a lifer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Grand Canyon University

Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them – Read more

Grand Canyon University Photos