Grand Canyon University Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing Program (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 August 2017
GCU is a fabulous organization to work for. The rationale for 3 stars is because as adjunct faculty we are not offered job securtiy, benefits or management positions. As adjunct faculty in the nursing department I teach online and therefore do not have much interaction with other employees.
Good place to work as a student
Junior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ15 August 2017
hours are flexible with class schedule. They work around my schedule. I have had no problems with the university in terms of working. I would recommend this job to anyone.
College of Liberal Arts Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 August 2017
A typical days work is to schedule online instructors for the liberal arts program. The location for the school is near the middle of down town. The place is a great!
Pros
Wonderful opportunities
Cons
At times chaotic
fun place to work with some rewards and community services
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ13 August 2017
The job itself could be stressful, however most of the managers I had made it worth while except for one.
Otherwise I would highly recommend this company as there are many perks for yourself and family and there are advancement opportunities for some.
Pros
free time off for attending basket ball events
Cons
sales type of enviroment
Great school, quit changing
Learning Lounge Tutor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 August 2017
This is a higher education college that offers a lot of things. One of the things they offer is scholarships to those who went to Christian schools. It's great but they keep changing it every year and it's hard to keep up.
Pros
Scholarships
Cons
Struggle between classes and jobs
Gcu
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 August 2017
Good place! The environment was friendly and professional. The payment was decent, but I was just doing work studies. Part time at 9.00 an hour. I love this company.
Not much respect for faculty
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 August 2017
Unfortunately management decided to switch from contracts to forcing professors to work part time where benefits were impossible to maintain. Basically the business model is to turn full time workers into part-timers to lower the school's operating costs. It is good for the bottom line, but does not encourage job retention.
Pros
flexible hours, Christian environment
Cons
Worker exploitation
Employer of Choice
University Counselor-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 August 2017
Incredible company that I can stand behind. They are constantly working to become the employer of choice, and also are always working to create the best educational experience and opportunities that anyone can afford.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, culture, workplace and work life balance
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Remote Employee
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 August 2017
Employed on a contractual basis. Remote work allows for flexibility. Employer provides professional development opportunities. Other resources are available to support staff in their work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
wages are a bit low
Student Worker
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 August 2017
Very flexible schedule according to your classes. Easiest job on campus. Just help people find stuff both in person and online, Simple tasks for a decent pay.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Can become boring
Hard
Manpower Temporary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 August 2017
I enjoyed learning faster techniques on how to do it easier way. Cleaning vents. Changing light bulbs. Wiping walls down. Challenging to vacuum 5-6 floors in each building.
Pros
1 free lunch every month
Cons
Working to hard
Be prepared for change
Field Clinical Counselor IV (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 August 2017
The university is constantly changing and growing, so a potential hire should be flexible with change. The general culture of the university is great with it being a faith based organization. It can be stressful around the start of the semesters, but ultimately I like working here. The hardest part of the job would be the volume of work during the peak times, but I always manage to get through the work load and do a great job.
Pros
Lots of PTO when first hired
Cons
Call center enviornment for operations
Strong Morals and High Value System
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Online31 July 2017
Caring and concerned staff. Quick response and very supportive. The training and support documents are easy to read and implement into the program. You do not feel the distance of working remotely.
I did not like working but I loved my coworkers and managers
Qualifying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ28 July 2017
Working in the call center was difficult for me because I do not like office jobs and I could feel it affecting my mood in every aspect of my life. It was 6 to 8 hours of sitting in a chair calling people who did not want to be called. But working close to others and having an understanding management was a huge help. Managers at the call center are kind and the people you meet are relatable and fun.
Pros
Amazing managers and coworkers
Cons
sitting down the whole shift
Full time positions better than part time
Campus Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ25 July 2017
Being a part time worker at GCU is difficult, and as a student you are unable to work more than 20 hours a week. While this is understandable for a student choosing only to work 20 hours a week, there are others who need to work more. GCU does not allow students more than 20 hours during the school year, or 29 hours during break, because they do not want to supply their students with full time benefits. Other than this, the community is really great and the people you work with are generally kind and communicative.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Grand Canyon University
Facilities Housing Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ22 July 2017
This is an excellent place to work that allows awesome life balance. Being a university with a Christian background provides an awesome culture for people to work and grow in. GCU has first class people and allows for tuition discounts that are life changing. I am blessed to be a part of such a great organization.
Pros
Work/ life balance, tution, health benifits, good salary, great work culture, the list is endless.
Fun Place
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 July 2017
Being a resident assistant was always a fun time. All the people you were able to meet made college is a better overall experience. For me, the best part of working at GCU was the culture they tried to promote, and when everyone came together, it was awesome to see it all come together.
Fun and productive workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ17 July 2017
Fast paced environment; answering 50-100 calls a day. The management team is very helpful. The hours are flexible and they are willing to work around any schedule.
Courses are hard to interpret
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Remote17 July 2017
There is not much communication with management and support is not evident on a daily basis. I found myself teaching myself a lot during my time here. Training was very long and work unnecessary .
Pros
Vacation for holidays
student not employee
Student (Former Employee) –  Bonanza, OR14 July 2017
I went to school here I did not work here, as a student it was an overall good experience with a great counselor who really knew her job I was not happy with the advertising offered and then once you were enrolled the offers were "no longer available.".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Canyon University. Our community is ready to answer.