Grand & Toy

Grand & Toy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Family Orienated
National Inside Account Manager - Healthcare (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: variety of advancement options
The work environment is similar to a family; everyone working together towards a common goal. Even at times, conflicts may arise, but are always put aside for the good of the company and personal development.
Fun
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Already wrote a review, for you guys. must be there somewhere.. but it was a good job at my age to be learning new things.
Supportive workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no longer in business
Grand & Toy was a very enjoyable work environment of which I had the pleasure of working at for over 13 years. I started by working in their warehouse as an order filler in 1998 and by 2005 I had moved up to the position of sales assistant. The knowledge that I had acquired from working as an order filler came in very useful at the time when I began working as a KAMA (Key Accounts Managers Assistant). These were the very customers who had ordered the products that I used to pick pack for them.
winnipeg branch in Seel
picker (Former Employee), winnipeg,mb Seel Ave LocationJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: few good employees you work with
Cons: everything you can think of
This job is the worse place I've worked at...favoritism amongs other staff members..not fulltime cuts your hrs. Your shift can be as little as 3hrs..4 ..lucky if you get a full 8hrs shift. In charge lady decides meetings while employees are on break time. Also talks down to staff and treats like kids...
this place is a joke
great work place with a good project to be a part of
Contractor- Google Mail Migration Project (Former Employee), Vancouver BCNovember 26, 2014
entering data into excel sheets for a migration from outlook to google mail.
This was a contract job so it was only for 2 months.
My co-workers were great we were connected at all times via e-mail and video conferencing.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that all information was matched properly on the final project.
Most enjoyable part were all the great people I got to work with and meet.
Fun friendly work environment
Key Account Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 3, 2014
I loved working at Grand & Toy. I loved the daily interaction with my customers. I enjoyed assisting them with there daily needs ensuring that they had all the tools they required to be successful in there jobs. I enjoyed interacting with my co workers as they were all helpful and friendly. Many I considered a second family.
look elsewhere
distribution (Former Employee), Calgary distributionAugust 5, 2014
Pros: clean
Cons: management
If you can keep your mouth shut and go about your day, this is the place for you. Poor ownership of policies and errors.
Exceptional opportunity to work for this company
Sales Coordinator, CSR & Key Accounts (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: enviroment, home/ life balance, co workers
Cons: company was sold and culture was shifted and then london branch was closed
Was well trained and encouraged to work together and seek training opportunities.
Met and worked with some brilliant people over the 17 years. coming to work was something to look forward to, Company new how to look after there employees and customers.
Interesting, fun and new changelles everyday.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Woodbridge, onSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: dress down every fridays!
Cons: department moved to the us.
The day starts of busy and remains throughout the day, however being a credit analyst at G&T I learned new things everyday.
Reviewing credit reports for businesses and/or individuals was always very interesting considering there is always new and different information that arises with every applicant. This was certainly an exciting work place and position. Co-workers were like family, close, helpful and positive. In the management area there were a few changes but always pleasant to deal with.
a step back in my career
former manager at Head Office (Former Employee), toronto onJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: a lot of free time
Cons: lack of leadership
worst place to ever work. the most inefficient network and ERP system in the world. it is no wonder why sales have been declining year over year. the future is chapter 11 BANKRUPTCY protection in 3-6 years

ps. i did not get fired, i moved on after years of frustration and trying to 'move the needle'
Worst Place Ever
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioDecember 5, 2012
Cons: very poor management
This was the worst employer I have ever worked for.

There is nothing more to say
Product Support Representative
PRODUCT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2012
In a fast paced environment, it takes organizational skills with a dedication to maintaining quality, company objectives without compromising company objectives.
Loved it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioOctober 12, 2012
When I worked here I had a great time. Work was laid back, environment was fun. Other employees seemed to enjoy it to.
Fun active place to work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), VaughanAugust 28, 2012
Pros: wonderful company training programs and social gatherings.
Cons: pricing of products were not competitive with their competitors
Wonderful experience with the customers and our training dream. I had a great time working at Grand & Toy.
Review
Inside Account Manager, Tech (Current Employee), May, ONAugust 10, 2012
Great people, good company.
it has been three months since I started here and I love it.
very professional and world class business.