Graham Packaging

Graham Packaging Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
management should care more about thier employees.
operater tech (Former Employee), tolleson azJune 22, 2015
Pros: paid lunches
12 hour shifts in a very hot enviroment. The hardest part of the job was being expected to be everywhere at once. They did pay pretty well.
Not the greatest place
Packer (Former Employee), West Hazleton, PaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Nice employees, decent pay
Cons: no set schedules, constantly a new supervisor
Working at Graham under Workforce Resources was not the greatest.They payed decently but I would not work for them again. The employees were nice at least. Every time you turned around they had a new supervisor. There were no set schedules, if you did not have work that day you were called. They were constantly asking people to replace the leads and work overtime. I would not recommend working here.
need a job
warehouse (Former Employee), west chicagoJune 7, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: healthcare
Working with other people in a team oriented company. Giving 100% of time to achieve the training and operating goals set by the company. Helping the company to achieve higher profits while reducing unnecessary waste and keeping safety as a top priority
Lack of direction
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJune 7, 2015
A typical workday was filled with lack of direction from management. Things ever seem to get done, which was frustrating.
Would rather take a sharp poke in the eye than work for this company
Reclaim attendant (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJune 4, 2015
Pros: Only working 15 days a month
Cons: Management, overall the whole busines
Dictated by investment company, lack of good management, and treated like a dog! Do more and get less is the mentally of this facility! Some co workers and are awesome others not so much. Learned quite a bit working in several different positions and glad I was able to walk away with more knowledge. Working 12 hour shifts was hard on the feet, but nice to have the time off during the week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck on Friday.
Reason I moved on is because of pay.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAMay 28, 2015
I started with this company when it was CPET then OI then Graham Packaging. I was in the same plant from 17 years and advanced from level 1 maintenance mechanic to plant engineer. It was a very good place to work however I was looking to improve my self. This is the only reason I moved on to my next roll at Amcor.
Worked for over 26 years
Production Worker (Former Employee), Vandalia, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: excellent wages and benefits.
Cons: hard work
Learned a lot through the years. Fast paced and multi-tasking work environment that benefited from team work. I met and worked with a lot of good people. The position was factory production worker. I worked a lot of overtime and the pay and benefits were excellent.
When the factory closed, I went back to school.

I did not approve of the CEO because they did not relate to their employees and they made judgement calls thousands of miles away. They purchased the factory for the business and closed the facility.
The management that worked at the plant were people minded and I liked them.
Graham
Plant Manager/Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great People I work with
Cons: Chained to desk for meetings and accounting
Planning and stratigic approach is used daily to hit desired results. I work wih teams daily to ensure we are on the right path.
Poison
Project Manager (Former Employee), York, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: You wake from this nightmare
Cons: People still work there!
The absurdity of bad has been discovered! If you are a professional this is the worst toxic environment you will ever experience!
Not enough direction or drive.
Plastics Technician (Former Employee), Memphis TennesseeApril 22, 2015
Pros: Clean place.
Cons: Lack of talent related to machine process, also lack of trust between management and the production floor.
The Memphis Graham plant was not a bad place to work overall. I did notice a lack of drive and support from everyone in management except the plant manager at the time. When there was an issue it always seemed to be someone else's problem, leads were no where to be found and those who did care about what was going on started giving up due to lack of support. I will say that they were very good at house keeping and started implementing some great procedures to make individuals accountable for their work area's cleanliness and organization.
It was a great place to work before they moved to Mexico.
Extruder Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: 12 hours daily was enjoyable
Cons: Healthcare became more expensive
The environment was fast paced and a great place to work. I would set machines with product to be managed by the machine operators. I would keep management of the machine product levels. I enjoyed all the team members including management. They brought a closeness to everyone there. They would schedule occasional outings where we could all unwind and make it a fun place to work. I learned various positions and would sometimes mandate other positions I have learned. It would sometimes get the best of me when trying to hookup railcars to either load or unload, being that the connections to attach to the railcars would be extremely heavy and I would have seek help from one of my team members. It would of been more enjoyable if Graham Packaging did not move to Mexico.
safety week, having a cook out at work!
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Port Allen, LAApril 15, 2015
To whom it may concern' The job is not bad, not a whole lot of money made, co-workers are good people, hardest part sometimes working by yourself, management are okay, you learned how to work safe, best part of the job, payday!
Safe enviroment to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 24, 2015
Graham packaging was a safe place to work, atmosphere was average for a manufacturing plant. I would give this emplpyer an average rating
OK
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 10, 2015
OK company to work for but has lots of room for impovement. Upper management has to many cat fights and discuss their dislike of each other to floor personnel. Very unprofessional.
free coffee
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 17, 2015
a good place to work .it is all fully automated.the peopleand the management are decent.clean and safe place to work. you take your breaks when you relieve each other.no bells or buzzers.
productive and fun safe place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Casa Grande, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: money
great company a employment destination
i would recommend this company if you have prior expiercence
i have learned alot here developed many skills
and made new freinds at this company
management is great
Seasonal
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: no support for employees
Job is seasonal, management is weak.no replacement parts.The management at this location is more concerned with their earnings than those of the workers.Most of the workers are dedicated to their ork but don't get the respect they deserve.
lack of organized leadership
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, OHFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: training was one of the few positives
Cons: too numerous to mention in a short space.
The Lack of organized leadership has lead to the classic problem of too many chiefs and not enough indians. They also exhibit the ianability to fix machines that have had issues for an extended period of time, and I mean years not months.
Fun Work Place
Sidel Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: offsite activities
Cons: really short breaks
A typical work day consist of operating a Sidel machine an producing top quality bottles at a rapid pace.I learned how to get the best out of my Sidel everyday.The best management team an wonderful co-workers,
Watch for this one..
clerk (Former Employee), hazletonJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: maybe money
Cons: back stabers, nepotism, no consistancy, no procedures, surely not a team place to work!
Company spins people constantly out the door. Very much lacks a team environment to work in. Be cautions look deeply before you jump into their water!

1 2 3 4 5

About Graham Packaging

For almost 50 years Graham Packaging has been a global leader in plastic packaging for the most recognizable brands in beverage, – Read more