Graham Montessori School is dedicated to creating innovative educational materials that spark young imaginations, instill a sense of wonder and foster a lifelong love of learning. With classes for children from preschool through the 6th grade, we help children reach developmental milestones and achieve educational goals—while still having fun! We know that each child is unique, and we strive to develop a program that appeals to children of all interests, backgrounds and abilities.
Graham Montessori School is one of the premier schools for Early Childhood Education in the New Westminster and Burnaby communities. Our school has experienced continuous growth since its inception in 2005. We attribute our sustained growth to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
We are currently searching for a computer savvy Administrator to work onsite at our head office. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, excellent computer skills and must be very organized. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
The Administrator reports to the Principal and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that school operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
Provide administrative support to ensure that school operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents
- Maintain office files
- Collect the mail
- Take minutes at meetings
- Report supplies repairs needed to office equipment or the general school.
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Greet and assist visitors
- Answer phones
- Direct calls and respond to inquiries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The applicant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to speak English fluently
The applicant must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Administrator. The applicant must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Fluent English
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and email communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in an Administrative position
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related disciple is preferred.
- Knowledge of British Columbian Early Childhood Education programs and licensing requirements is an asset.
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Graham Montessori offers a great, central location which is easily accessible by transit, medical/dental coverage, and benefits. To apply, please complete send your resume and cover letter to the email provided.
Location: New Westminster, BC
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Positions Available: 1
Starting Date: January 2014
Type: Full-time/Part-time, 25-40 hours/week
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email provided.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those qualified will be contacted for interviews.