This is an entry level position for a recent graduate ONLY.
We are looking looking for a Mechanical Designer to join the Engineering team. The Mechanical Designer works in the Engineering team on assigned projects. The work includes detail design and production drawings. A good understanding of ANSI drawing standards, manufacturing methods, and geometric tolerances is essential. Drawing control and maintenance is very important and the Mechanical Designer is to play an important part in developing and improving drawing control procedures and company standards.
This position will be best suited for someone who is innovative with excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment. The candidate should be flexible to the changing needs within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
You will love working for this pro-active employer who prides themselves in finding and keeping the best people. You will be putting your skills and experience to work in a challenging and rewarding environment. You will be provided with genuine opportunities for a future with this award-winning employer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generation of detail manufacturing drawings.
- Generation of engineering BOM in AX.
- Development of 3D models using SolidWorks.
- Generation of standard toolbox libraries for 3D models.
- Ensure raw materials or parts are available as IMW standard / stocked materials.
- Control of drawings as per company procedures.
- Improving drawing control procedures and company standard practices.
- Set up of software system to ensure standardized drawing formats and model generation.
- Maintenance of part and engineering BOM in the ERP system.
- Checking of drawings when assigned.
Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
o Engineering and Design Documentation Control
o Engineering Design Process
R & D Projects
o Design Change Control
Complete all applicable Quality records.
- Engineering diploma or degree in mechanical (or similar) engineering. Recent graduate ONLY.
- Experience with machine and component layout is preferred.
- Solid background with fittings, materials, fasteners, sealing components and standard parts available in the industry is preferred.
- Experience using Solidworks for the production of layout and manufacturing drawings is preferred.
LANGUAGE - English
- It is required to communicate with production staff and vendors. It is important to have adequate language skills to communicate verbally and in writing to ensure information is correctly documented and put into action.
- Formal training or experience in MRP software is preferred.
- Good analytical skills are required to allow computation of engineering design parameters.
- Ability to analyze failure data to allow troubleshooting and finding root cause of problems.
Placing new and recent Graduates on a paid Internship where there is a full time job opportunity.