Graco

Graco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Variety & Fantastic Opportunities to Grow
Manufacturing Manager Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Rogers, MNOctober 17, 2014
Pros: variety, opportunities to learn, great team of people
I truly enjoyed my job at Graco. I learned to be an excellent administrator for management and the executives. The hardest part of this job was also my most enjoyable part of the job and that was balancing multiple projects and meeting their deadlines efficiently. This job offered a lot of variety along with the normal daily administrative functions. I am extremely dependable and diligent with my work and believe that is why I was also given the opportunities to work as inventory controller and production planner at different times throughout my career at Graco. The work environment at Graco was pleasant and a typical day at work involved running the daily and weekly reports for manufacturing and developing a lot of presentations and charts throughout the calendar month. I was happy to take on whatever administrative duties that my position allowed me to and believe that I grew this position past the general administrative expectations. I also learned a lot of computer skills in this positions. Besides being proficient in MicroSoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word, I also was trained in Oracle, Impromptu, Mainframe, Monarch, Visio, and Calendar.
Challenging and rewarding position as import/export analyst
Customs Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), MinneapolisMay 17, 2012
Pros: the universal family-like atmosphere and comrade, autonomy.
Cons: lack of benefits (contractor)
A typical work day involves the classification of imported/exported Graco commodities. This involves using a variety of resources, as well as collaboration and interaction with co-workers to interpret and apply proper Harmonized Tariff classification code. In addition to classifying commodities, I am responsible for updating information in Graco's information database, which is used by brokers who convey this information to U.S Customs and Border Patrol thus ensuring compliance. My co-workers and I work closely with Graco's Compliance supervisor who ensures uniform standards of classification are applied to all Graco imports and exports. The hardest part of my job is coordinating with other members of the compliance department to ensure a consistent, uniform standard of classifying all Graco imports and exports. The most enjoyable part of my job is collaborating with other departments to achieve mission success.
Productive and fun.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monahans, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: vehicle, and phone privelages.
Cons: no set time, and constantly on call.
Work day usually began at around 7:30 and with the company vehicle drive to the office to check folders for tickets. If there were new tickets in the folder make contact with someone to sign ticket for the company to receive payment. If there are no tickets in the folder, make drives to previous locations and catch up on any outstanding tickets there may be. Usually call upon a foreman for lunch to discuss or maintain professional relationships.

Co-workers are mostly positive and easy to work with.

The most difficult part of the job is sometimes finding locations and navigating to the location.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making the sale and loving whom I worked with.
Assembly of various types of industrial pumps.
Lead Assembler (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2012
Pros: people, easy assembly instructions, friendly atmosphere.
Cons: none.
A typical day started out as a review of the coming workday schedule, go over the list(s) of the equipment you are required to build, gather the parts needed to build said equipment, go about building product(s).
I have learned how to be productive in a fast-paced industrial work environment, and the management was very helpful in various areas, my co-workers were very supportive, and the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the day was at the end; where you were able to look back on your day and be content on all that you have accomplished.
Challenging, hard-driving company values, with Proven Quality & Leading Technology mission.
Senior Account Manager - US West (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: quality products, aggressive new product development, growing brand in established industry.
Cons: ability to listen to distributor channel partner or end user customer needs.
Graco Inc. is an evolving OEM industrial manufacturer of fluid handling equipment.

In the Lubrication Equipment Division (LED), Graco Inc. strides to evolve new product offerings to growth industries and emerging markets, as a solutions provider for a widely diversified customer base.

It was a pleasure working with Graco Inc.!
Employee trust
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Rogers, MNJanuary 4, 2013
Work for the benefit of society/helping other's, learn new knowledge
for future leadership. getting along with individual is one of the key in a safe working environment, the most challenging on a job, is to alert in life dealing with personal problem threw out., putting a smile in everyone around you, is very challenging, knowing you did your part to help other's make you feel better. it will make me go home relieve.
productive, fast pace, temp to start
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Rogers, MNOctober 26, 2015
Pros: free food, good hours, fast production line
Cons: you are a temp for 1-2 years then possible to get hired on, very difficult
co workers extremely nice and helpful, the supervisors and engineers for the cell are very nice and willing to help and teach you every little detail. the company wants to see the individual do well in the company.
this is a basic warehouse type job
Basic warehouse worker/ Re packer (Current Employee), Wichita KansasMay 9, 2015
Pros: They take very good care of there employees
Cons: there are no cons in my opinion
I do basic Warehouse duties, stock shelves, pick orders, fallow instructions on paper work. fill all different size bottles with paint for Aircraft companies like Cessna, and Spirit.
Employees are their most valued asset
Logistics and Reporting Analyst (contractor) (Current Employee), Rogers, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: many company-sponsored work events
Cons: no on-site food facilities
Graco fosters a positive environment. Management is friendly and concerned that employees have a rewarding experience on the job. People who work at Graco stay for many years because of its attention to employee well being.
It a great place to work. Enjoy working with manufacture engineer.
Mechanical electrical assembly and entry level (Former Employee), Anoka, MNAugust 7, 2014
I have learning a lots new things in this work place. how to build Mechanical electrical. Working with management, engineer, and production supervisor.
The hardest part of the job is to use create or use timely on some things that's new for the department.
Great place to advance
Buyer's Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: other job oppurtunities
Cons: distance
Graco is an employer with great benefits - concern for employees health with incentives, educational training on location, fair pay for the job positions and very good health insurance. I was employed by Graco back in the 80's and this still applies today.
Training
PRODUCTION MANUFACTURING PLANNER II (Current Employee), Rogers, MNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, nice people.
Cons: Training is lacking
The company doesn't have any sort of formal training for the position that I was in. You are thrown into the job with both feet and expected to perform at the level of the most senior person in the position.
Good company to work for.
Category Manager II (Former Employee), Rogers, MNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: freedom to make decisions
Cons: too much involvement from senior management
The most enjoyable part of my day was when working on cost saving initatives with my suppliers.

The hardest part of the job was having immediate management not allowing independent thinking.
Very by the book company
Contract Designer (Former Employee), MNJune 20, 2013
Pros: stable company and good management
Cons: long drive to work
Working on brochures and product stickers. Great Management and co-workers. This was a contract job so I was only there for a few months.
Great Place to work.
Machinist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
Liked everything about it except I was never given a permanent employment shot. If the circumstances were better for me long term, would definitely like to go back to work there!...
Large co. with many depts. to work and gro
Print owner's manuals and sales ads (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: health and vacation benifits
Cons: internal miscommunications
Good place to wok highly recomended: daily operations of whatever machine they put me on
Productve, fair, positive and a great place to work!
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Mpls., MN. USAMay 9, 2012
Productve, fair, positive and a great place to work!
I enjoyed working at Graco and was pleased with all the support from engineers and programmers. I was a set-up/operator on several CNC Milling Centers and Lathes.
Great products and some talented people.
Senior Trade/Channel Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2012
The company needs to step into the modern era. VERY few opportunities for women. Management is stale and male. Communication between groups is atrocious.
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2014
Great coworkers that are supportive and fun to work with. Engineering is always designing innovative systems for new markets and is a lot of fun to be a part of a new award winning product.
Tool Designer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 14, 2015
Graco take good care of its employees. I would and have recommended friends to work there.

A typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 3:00pm.
Industry