Graco Employee Reviews

Challenging work environment with great potential for growth
Western Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2016
Excellent management, great direction and stable products. The company is a public established name in the construction arena. Well known by professionals in the building sector, they even have their own display stand as a permanent landmark in Home Depot.
Pros
Management, sold US made products
Cons
Sometimes their policies can be perceived to be a little draconian
Channel Marketing Specialist
Channel Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 29, 2016
Good company with defined goals and objectives. Great work ethic by all employees. Great detail to excellent customer service. Very industry specific terminology and operations.
Good work environment, no people issues.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 19, 2016
Good work environment,nobody complaining about their jobs which was nice. Enjoyed the work I did as it was away from the noisier part of the plant. Breaks and lunches were short but paid for.
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Graco has a great culture and good managers. My favorite part of Graco was the Lunch and Learns where everyone gets together to eat lunch and learn about different aspects of the industry.
Great Place to work.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
Liked everything about it except I was never given a permanent employment shot. If the circumstances were better for me long term, would definitely like to go back to work there!...
productive, fast pace, temp to start
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNOctober 26, 2015
co workers extremely nice and helpful, the supervisors and engineers for the cell are very nice and willing to help and teach you every little detail. the company wants to see the individual do well in the company.
Pros
free food, good hours, fast production line
Cons
you are a temp for 1-2 years then possible to get hired on, very difficult
Tool Designer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 14, 2015
Graco take good care of its employees. I would and have recommended friends to work there.

A typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 3:00pm.
this is a basic warehouse type job
Basic warehouse worker/ Re packer (Current Employee) –  Wichita KansasMay 9, 2015
I do basic Warehouse duties, stock shelves, pick orders, fallow instructions on paper work. fill all different size bottles with paint for Aircraft companies like Cessna, and Spirit.
Pros
They take very good care of there employees
Cons
there are no cons in my opinion
Training
PRODUCTION MANUFACTURING PLANNER II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 26, 2015
The company doesn't have any sort of formal training for the position that I was in. You are thrown into the job with both feet and expected to perform at the level of the most senior person in the position.
Pros
Great Benefits, nice people.
Cons
Training is lacking
Productive and fun.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXMarch 25, 2015
Work day usually began at around 7:30 and with the company vehicle drive to the office to check folders for tickets. If there were new tickets in the folder make contact with someone to sign ticket for the company to receive payment. If there are no tickets in the folder, make drives to previous locations and catch up on any outstanding tickets there may be. Usually call upon a foreman for lunch to discuss or maintain professional relationships.

Co-workers are mostly positive and easy to work with.

The most difficult part of the job is sometimes finding locations and navigating to the location.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making the sale and loving whom I worked with.
Pros
vehicle, and phone privelages.
Cons
no set time, and constantly on call.
Employees are their most valued asset
Logistics and Reporting Analyst (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Graco fosters a positive environment. Management is friendly and concerned that employees have a rewarding experience on the job. People who work at Graco stay for many years because of its attention to employee well being.
Pros
many company-sponsored work events
Cons
no on-site food facilities
Good company to work for.
Category Manager II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day was when working on cost saving initatives with my suppliers.

The hardest part of the job was having immediate management not allowing independent thinking.
Pros
freedom to make decisions
Cons
too much involvement from senior management
Challenging, hard-driving company values, with Proven Quality & Leading Technology mission.
Senior Account Manager - US West (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Graco Inc. is an evolving OEM industrial manufacturer of fluid handling equipment.

In the Lubrication Equipment Division (LED), Graco Inc. strides to evolve new product offerings to growth industries and emerging markets, as a solutions provider for a widely diversified customer base.

It was a pleasure working with Graco Inc.!
Pros
quality products, aggressive new product development, growing brand in established industry.
Cons
ability to listen to distributor channel partner or end user customer needs.
Variety & Fantastic Opportunities to Grow
Manufacturing Manager Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNOctober 17, 2014
I truly enjoyed my job at Graco. I learned to be an excellent administrator for management and the executives. The hardest part of this job was also my most enjoyable part of the job and that was balancing multiple projects and meeting their deadlines efficiently. This job offered a lot of variety along with the normal daily administrative functions. I am extremely dependable and diligent with my work and believe that is why I was also given the opportunities to work as inventory controller and production planner at different times throughout my career at Graco. The work environment at Graco was pleasant and a typical day at work involved running the daily and weekly reports for manufacturing and developing a lot of presentations and charts throughout the calendar month. I was happy to take on whatever administrative duties that my position allowed me to and believe that I grew this position past the general administrative expectations. I also learned a lot of computer skills in this positions. Besides being proficient in MicroSoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word, I also was trained in Oracle, Impromptu, Mainframe, Monarch, Visio, and Calendar.
Pros
variety, opportunities to learn, great team of people
Assembly work in a warehouse
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rodgers, MNSeptember 11, 2014
Work in team environment on the assembly line to me daily quotas.
It a great place to work. Enjoy working with manufacture engineer.
Mechanical electrical assembly and entry level (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNAugust 7, 2014
I have learning a lots new things in this work place. how to build Mechanical electrical. Working with management, engineer, and production supervisor.
The hardest part of the job is to use create or use timely on some things that's new for the department.
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2014
Great coworkers that are supportive and fun to work with. Engineering is always designing innovative systems for new markets and is a lot of fun to be a part of a new award winning product.
Good Company with management issues in the Lube Division
Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNMay 12, 2014
Overall good company. Lubrication Equipment Division has major management woes. Marketing runs engineering and lacks vision
great place
Winch truck driver (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXDecember 9, 2013
moving equipment from rig to rig hauling cat walks and pipe for operatoers
Great Place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2013
I really learned a lot it was a fast paced place to work great people supervisors co-workers.
Pros
you learned everyday and someone was always there to help.
Cons
the assignment ended.