Government of the Northwest Territories

Government of the Northwest Territories Employee Review

View all Government of the Northwest Territories reviews

A professional operation to work with.
CONTRACTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT5 January 2014
A typical day was busy and exciting. There were challenges and issues to deal with.
All of the department directors had their own mandate and or agendas for the short and long term periods. I managed to obtain copies of every mandate and I studied them so I was prepared when it was time to act.
I was a part of the Financial - Administrative section of the GNWT working with two departments. My co-workers were mostly the financial officers, however I did have a purchasing officer who reported directly to me.
Every job has its difficult areas, and to be successful one has to overcome the diversity of issues that arise and still keep within the Governments Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of my position was the win win situation. Everything was done in a transparent, concise and accountable fashion.
Pros
Learning as much as I could over the years. Being respected by my piers and by my vendors
Cons
Employees who would try and get around the proper procedures.

Other Government of the Northwest Territories Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT6 November 2017
The Government of the Northwest Territories, particularly Environment and Natural Resources, is an excellent workplace that provides a variety of learning opportunities and friendly groups of people to consult with.
great pay
data entry (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT22 August 2017
You will never have to worry about being poor and get to buy a house in the north. Work is repetitive people are easy to get a long with most of the time.
Pros
you get to buy lots of things
Cons
location