Government of Saskatchewan Employee Review

View all Government of Saskatchewan reviews

fast paced, fun environment
Facility Youth Worker/ Case Manager (NBYC) (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK19 December 2012
I enjoyed the wage and benefits as well as the chance of advancement. Within a year of working there i advanced from a level 5 to an 8. A typical day at work would be hanging out with the residents. Helping them with supper, having a group meeting, escorting them to activities. I learned a lot about casework. Management was very understanding. I enjoyed everyone i worked with. The hardest part of the job was trying to calm a resident down but it was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
making a change in a life
Cons
incidents

Other Government of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Busy with clients
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK11 October 2017
Arrive at around 8:15 am each morning, check my emails and messages. i usually have clients booked with appointment. get ready for my client to show up. i learned that if you develop a good working relationship with your clients it really helps with their self esteem. they give more attention to their needs. the management was very supportive. the workplace culture was great, the hardest part about the job was not having client show up for their appointment, i try to think of new way to get them to come. the most enjoyable was seeing a client head of to work and knowing that he will do great in his new position.
Pros
successful clients
Cons
clients missing appointments
Insight from senior levels
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Regina7 October 2017
A typical work day hinges upon reading the moods of senior management. Immediate dismissal is very real. Many managers are young inexperienced and very arrogant. The workplace culture is full of politics, and this is the hardest part of the job. There is an immense amount of work, resources are shrinking, and expectations are going up. An organisation that should be avoided.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No job security and politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.

Government of Saskatchewan Reviews by Location