Government of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Busy with clients
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK11 October 2017
Arrive at around 8:15 am each morning, check my emails and messages. i usually have clients booked with appointment. get ready for my client to show up. i learned that if you develop a good working relationship with your clients it really helps with their self esteem. they give more attention to their needs. the management was very supportive. the workplace culture was great, the hardest part about the job was not having client show up for their appointment, i try to think of new way to get them to come. the most enjoyable was seeing a client head of to work and knowing that he will do great in his new position.
Pros
successful clients
Cons
clients missing appointments
Insight from senior levels
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Regina7 October 2017
A typical work day hinges upon reading the moods of senior management. Immediate dismissal is very real. Many managers are young inexperienced and very arrogant. The workplace culture is full of politics, and this is the hardest part of the job. There is an immense amount of work, resources are shrinking, and expectations are going up. An organisation that should be avoided.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No job security and politics
Super busy, loved my job
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 October 2017
When I was there I enjoyed my work, my colleagues and the management team.

There were structure changes after I left, unsure how the work has changed or if the management structure has changed.
Great place to work, fantastic people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 September 2017
A typical day included responding to general enquiries, proofreading and copy editing branch documents and correspondence. Booking travel arrangements and meetings.
Pros
Great work- life balance
Cons
Difficult to get a permenant job
Income Assistance Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 September 2017
working hard at all times
working with youth
keeping a strong relationship with all clients
Making sure all around are safe within the company and the premises
Pros
free lunch
Great Job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 September 2017
Really loved working here they provide great benefits I got every other Monday per week off which was really nice. My manager was amazing and treated everyone great
Great place to work in SK
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 July 2017
I was fortunate enough to have excellent bosses and wonderful colleagues over the 8 years I worked with Government of SK. They really made the difference in going from a good job to a great job. As for working at GoS, benefits and salary are great and there is excellent work/life balance pending your job position.

Workplace culture can be tricky at any location, but sometimes unionized environments as well as political environments make it a little extra frustrating at times.
Great Job for university students for the Summer
Entry Gate/Sales and Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pike Lake Provincial Park, SK19 July 2017
Working at Pike Lake Provincial Park, as as Entry Gate/Sale and Service Attendant, is a great Job It is almost a full time summer position. It is very enjoyable and you get to meet many different types of people. For this position there are three different offices that you will work in. The Entry Gate, the Campground/ Visitor Reception center and the pool office.
crew boss
Crew Boss (Former Employee) –  beauval,sk12 July 2017
I enjoyed outdoors, had a good time. Id so be involved again. Its hard tho to get a job again with no income to go pay to get my license, it sucks. I had a good summer that year.
Former employee Tobacco litigation unit (Stay away)
Executive (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK. Tc douglas building4 June 2017
Entire unit is new. Hostile environment full of politics. The management team is new has no previous supervision experience. They are in contract too..Unnecessary rules .sudden termination is possible.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Nothing is good here. Stay away

Want to know more about Government of Saskatchewan?

Ask a question
Great job
Petroleum Geologic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 May 2017
Had the pleasure of working as a student for over a year. The people were fantastic and I have learned a lot of information that i hope to carry over into future jobs.
Stay away.
Goverment of Sask (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 March 2017
Not a place that I would recommend to anyone. It doesn't seem like anyone knows what they are doing. The over spending is ridiculous, no wonder there is a huge deficit!
Pros
100% dental/ day working hours
Cons
Everything else
Decent place for students
Filmmaker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 February 2017
It's a decent place for college students to gain their first working experience in their life as the working environment is friendly and supportive. In my case, the salary is average and it's not very effective or productive to work here in the government, but it is with a good work/life balance.
Productive and a fun place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 January 2017
The government typically works 8-5 and is not as fast pace as my other employment opportunities.

The use the waterfall methodology, however are will to move to the agile methodology, we I have been implementing for some time.
good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Leross, SK1 January 2017
Spent most of my life working there and unfortunately the paper moved to Saskatoon. Worked shift work and got to spend time with my family.
Good Job Security
Program Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2016
I enjoy working here and the people I work with. Health and Dental benefits are top of the line. Good pension plan. Weekends and Statutory holidays off.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
No room for advancement in my current position
A great place to learn and grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2016
I am very grateful for having had the opportunity to work for 23 years with Legislative Assembly. It has been fulfilling and meaningful work that I have loved and enjoyed doing, especially knowing that the Office has made a difference in supporting the Legislative process. I will certainly miss doing the variety of work and aiding in the accountability and success of the Legislative Assembly. I will also miss working with the people in all 10 different entities/offices and I thank them for the support they have provided to me and the opportunity to have worked with all of them.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK14 September 2016
I have never felt more comfortable starting in a workplace than I did at this job. I felt welcome since my first day and met some new long time friends there.
The only thing I didn't like was that I was only a term position.
Hard dependable worker
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK2 June 2016
I am a single mother of two beautiful children. I have managed to balance school and work to keep the homestead. I earned my instutional cooking certifacate last year feb. Graduated with acceptional grades. Im not afraid of hard work and willing to work on holidays aswell. Im a very positive outgoing drug and alcohol free individual. Im seeking work to provide for my family.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
living with type 2 diabeties
Calm and good work environment
QA Automation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 April 2016
Good & easy work environment overall. Strict deadlines, and good management. Clean and spacious cubicles, and flexible timings help desk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.

Government of Saskatchewan Reviews by Location