Government of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

A great place to learn and grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2016
I am very grateful for having had the opportunity to work for 23 years with Legislative Assembly. It has been fulfilling and meaningful work that I have loved and enjoyed doing, especially knowing that the Office has made a difference in supporting the Legislative process. I will certainly miss doing the variety of work and aiding in the accountability and success of the Legislative Assembly. I will also miss working with the people in all 10 different entities/offices and I thank them for the support they have provided to me and the opportunity to have worked with all of them.
Decent place for students
Filmmaker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 February 2017
It's a decent place for college students to gain their first working experience in their life as the working environment is friendly and supportive. In my case, the salary is average and it's not very effective or productive to work here in the government, but it is with a good work/life balance.
Productive and a fun place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 January 2017
The government typically works 8-5 and is not as fast pace as my other employment opportunities.

The use the waterfall methodology, however are will to move to the agile methodology, we I have been implementing for some time.
Good Job Security
Program Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2016
I enjoy working here and the people I work with. Health and Dental benefits are top of the line. Good pension plan. Weekends and Statutory holidays off.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
No room for advancement in my current position
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK14 September 2016
I have never felt more comfortable starting in a workplace than I did at this job. I felt welcome since my first day and met some new long time friends there.
The only thing I didn't like was that I was only a term position.
good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Leross, SK1 January 2017
Spent most of my life working there and unfortunately the paper moved to Saskatoon. Worked shift work and got to spend time with my family.
Hard dependable worker
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK2 June 2016
I am a single mother of two beautiful children. I have managed to balance school and work to keep the homestead. I earned my instutional cooking certifacate last year feb. Graduated with acceptional grades. Im not afraid of hard work and willing to work on holidays aswell. Im a very positive outgoing drug and alcohol free individual. Im seeking work to provide for my family.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
living with type 2 diabeties
Great Place For Work
Junior Geological Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2016
I performed data entry and digitization. I learned many skills related to my field, and met some great people. Management was outstanding, with an open ear and willingness to clarify.
Calm and good work environment
QA Automation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 April 2016
Good & easy work environment overall. Strict deadlines, and good management. Clean and spacious cubicles, and flexible timings help desk.
Administrative Assistant for Member of the Legislative Assembly - Victoria Jugens
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK3 August 2015
It has been a great experience working for MLA Victoria Jugens. I would have to say she is my top female role model. Victoria has help me in many different ways. by giving me a job to work for her, and to experience in the Government politics. I had done alot of office work, like organizing, prioritizing, meeting clients on a daily basis, answering the phone and helping clients as much as i can. i had also manage and put together on excel worksheet the office duties, expenditures, etc.

On the side, while off work, i still come out to do volunteer political work, as in door-knocking.
Pros
Meeting People
Negative and Hostile Environemtn
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  saskatchewan2 October 2015
Management does not over ally care regarding the happiness of the staff and are more concerned with cutting costs then keeping staff happy- which in return has caused the turn over rate to be extremely high.
Pros
job security
Cons
terrible shift pattern
Not only a work place, but a new family
Case Assistance Worker (Current Employee) –  La Ronge, SK14 April 2012
Unfortunately our division got close and our jobs abolish, but I am really enjoy work for the Government.
My coworker where working there for they whole life, they where kind, polite and very supportive.
We usually help each other and respectful.
the harder part of my job was when we received the notice of abolish our jobs, everyone was devastated was like lost a family.
Pros
learning opportunities, inspirational enviroment, good benefits, great enviroment.
Cons
uncertain schedule
fast paced, fun environment
Facility Youth Worker/ Case Manager (NBYC) (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK19 December 2012
I enjoyed the wage and benefits as well as the chance of advancement. Within a year of working there i advanced from a level 5 to an 8. A typical day at work would be hanging out with the residents. Helping them with supper, having a group meeting, escorting them to activities. I learned a lot about casework. Management was very understanding. I enjoyed everyone i worked with. The hardest part of the job was trying to calm a resident down but it was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
making a change in a life
Cons
incidents
Demanding & extensive monitoring.
Cultural Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK11 November 2013
Kids & programs were great, co-workers lacked empathy & education. Management spent time scrutinizing employees creating a very unhealthy work environment. Most difficult part of the job was knowing that a Youth did not learn something.
Pros
Great pay & benefits.
Cons
Suffocating work environment.
Advancement, great benefits and the best people
Work Experiences (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 May 2014
The department I worked in was excellent due to the people, advancement and training. I miss the people but luckily kept in close contact with so many over the years.
Pros
Event Planning, trade shows, educating the public
Cons
At times, difficulty getting to some construction sites.
Super enjoyable - dream summer job!
Campground Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Nemeiben Lake, SK12 June 2015
Working as Campground Maintenance at Nemeiben Lake Campground was the most relaxing, enjoyable and beautiful job I have ever had. The location is gorgeous, and if you are lucky like I was, you will be able to stay in the cabin on the lake in the campground. It is nothing fancy but has more than the essentials and it's hard to beat a cabin by yourself on the lake.

The coworkers are an absolute dream. They are friendly, happy, hard working and a pleasure to be around. One of the best teams. Management is involved and is a good blend of young and not young. They are personable, approachable and realistic.

This job would be ideally suited for someone who loves the outdoors, doesn't mind working hard to ensure the campground(s) are adequate, likes talking to people but also enjoys time by themselves, has or wants to enhance their time management and organizational skills.
Pros
Great hours, great location, great scenery, enjoyable, low stress, learn how to manage a campground, fish fry's.
Cons
Eventually the summer ends.
Fun and productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 August 2015
The Government of Saskatchewan was a very comfortable and enjoyable place to work with exceptional benefits and people..
Great place to work, embraces diversity and open to new ideas
Quality Assurance, Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2014
A place where developing oneself is encouraged.

Knowledge is shared.

Great team workers.
Happy to work with my team
Office of the Worker's Advocate (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk.22 August 2012
Overall i was happy working for the Gov't of Saskatchewan. the pay was good. I had decent hours with EDO's
Pros
the benefits
Cons
contract positions
Job was fine. I was there as a student doing a work practicum.
Child Protection Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 July 2012
Overall a good place to work. I was a student completing a work practicum.
Pros
good hours
Cons
security

4.3