Government of Newfoundland and Labrador

Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for summer employment
Office receptionist (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 22, 2014
Pros: monday to friday schedule
I had a great time working here . The people were great , the hours good and I learned a lot about office procedure.
Average government employer
Administrative Officer (Current Employee), St. John'sMay 2, 2013
I enjoyed my managers, directors and deputy. Typical work week was an average 7 hours a day 5 days a week. Co-workers were my favourite part of the job. Our department was more like a family than anything else.
busy environment however not enough challenges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 26, 2013
Pros: people contact
Cons: micro-managed
enjoyed my position however did not offer me the stability I require. found my department was micro-managed and staffers not that friendly...there was no team environment unfortunately
Good working relations with management and co-workers
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 12, 2013
Senior Compliance and training officer for all Occupational Health and Safety Officers employed with government services.

The hardest part of my job is acciudent investigation including long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is the type of relationship i experience with contractors and workers alike.
Department of Finance
Summer Student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 7, 2012
Pros: every second friday off for summer
Cons: low salary
Collected taxes and did motor vehicle registration for Department of Finance. learned excellent time management and interpersonal skills in a team atmosphere.
Fun team to work with and learn a lot.
Pesticide Control Officer (Former Employee), Gander, NewfoundlandJanuary 25, 2012
The Dept. of Environment and Conservation provided a diverse learning experience. It was an opportunity to meet lots of people from the general public, businesses, and professional instructors in the environment and conservation fields.