GOVERNMENT OF MANITOBA

GOVERNMENT OF MANITOBA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The position of residential care provider was very multi faceted in its numerouse tasks and responsibilities.
Residential care provider (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2014
A typical day started out at 730 each morning, prepped Breakfast for the resident and got their medication ready to be administered. at 800am i would wake the resident up. After breakfast the resident would walk to school and would return at noon for lunch. at 1130 before the resident would arrive I would prepare a healthy lunch for them and then after – more... 1230 i would send the resident back to school.
At 3:00pm The resident would come home from school and have a healthy snack. I would often organize after school outtings for the resident to the museum, bowling, go carting, paint balling or the mall this way I could ensure positive development and I could keep him out of trouble. We would often have dinner while out on our adventures and usually return home by 9:00. At 1100 I would administer the bed time medication and start the journal of the day. and by 1200 I was usually on my way to bed. I learned patience, sensitivity, good listening skills and how to organize and plan daily events and maintain and manage schedules. I also learned how to manage finances for the resident and how to teach him to manage his own finances over time. I didn't have any coworkers while doing this. The hardest part of this job was the long busy days and the consistent lack of down time. the most enjoyable part of this job was the feeling I got knowing I was helping to make a positive difference in my residents life. – less
Friendly atmosphere
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 8, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: bureaucracy
Everyone was very helpful in providing information and helping me learn the ropes. My previous work experience proved invaluable to some of the staff I worked with and I was able to help or teach them some of the knowledge I have. i.e using MSOffice programs, fixing photocopiers and printer jams, organizing files, office supplies, and storage room and – more... reception duties.

The hardest part of the job was working in a very dusty environment and lifting very heavy boxes especially getting them on and off shelves while on a ladder. The most enjoyable part of the job was the help I received from some of the staff with things that were awkward to move or lift. My manager was really great to work with and she let me have complete control of my project and how I wanted to proceed. She gave me great encouragement and even offered to give me a reference with no hesitation.

The only downside was that bureaucracy impedes allot of the processes and slows down efficiency and the adaptation of new technology. Having worked in the private sector and in Government one can see the whole picture on both sides and how these two sectors could learn and assist each other. – less
Financial Officer
Regional Financial Clerk (Former Employee), Beausejour, MBJuly 21, 2012
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no job security
Daily supervison of office staff, approval of financial transactions, human resources.