GOVERNMENT OF MANITOBA

GOVERNMENT OF MANITOBA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly atmosphere
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 8, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: bureaucracy
Everyone was very helpful in providing information and helping me learn the ropes. My previous work experience proved invaluable to some of the staff I worked with and I was able to help or teach them some of the knowledge I have. i.e using MSOffice programs, fixing photocopiers and printer jams, organizing files, office supplies, and storage room and – more... reception duties.

The hardest part of the job was working in a very dusty environment and lifting very heavy boxes especially getting them on and off shelves while on a ladder. The most enjoyable part of the job was the help I received from some of the staff with things that were awkward to move or lift. My manager was really great to work with and she let me have complete control of my project and how I wanted to proceed. She gave me great encouragement and even offered to give me a reference with no hesitation.

The only downside was that bureaucracy impedes allot of the processes and slows down efficiency and the adaptation of new technology. Having worked in the private sector and in Government one can see the whole picture on both sides and how these two sectors could learn and assist each other. – less
Financial Officer
Regional Financial Clerk (Former Employee), Beausejour, MBJuly 21, 2012
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no job security
Daily supervison of office staff, approval of financial transactions, human resources.