Tax Compliance Officer
Regular, Full Time
Manitoba Finance, Winkler, Manitoba.
Advertisement Number: 27584
Salary Range: $40,720 to $52,994 per year.
Closing Date: August 2, 2013
- Enrolment in a recognized accounting program (CGA, CA, CMA) at a minimum of Level 2.
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles and legal and business practices. Other suitable combinations of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Superior oral communication skills that demonstrate respect, confidence and professionalism.
- Significant experience working with the public in a service-oriented role.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience in interpreting, advising and explaining legislation, regulations and policies.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and prioritize your workload.
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills, as well as an ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of the Retail Sales Tax Act.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
For further information please visit our website at www.manitoba.ca
Advertisement No. 27584
Human Resource Services
300 - 305 Broadway
Winnipeg MB R3C 3J7
Please insert Advertisement Number and Position Title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter, resumé and/or application if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.