Government Of Alberta

Government Of Alberta Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No two days were the same
Correctional Peace Officer (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 16, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: could be violent
Was a great place to work. No two days were the same and you you never new what was going to happen. Always learning new skills.
It was a very close team, the people you worked with became your friends.
Good Management, No Security
Temporary Applications Entry (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2015
The department I worked in closed shortly after my contract ended. While the people were nice, it was frustrating that people got constantly shuffled around.
Good place to work. Good salary and benefits
Communications Professional (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: Difficult work/life balance
- Decent place to work
- Lot's of opportunity
- Good place to improve your skills
- Very good compensation package
- Interesting subject matter
Short term assignment
POLICY AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
I worked as an intern with Alberta Health and Wellness when I was an MBA student. I enjoyed my time working with Alberta Health and Wellness and learned a lot about how the government works.
Good place to work, decent work life balance
Corporate Incident Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonMay 14, 2015
Good employer, respect, accountability, Excellence and integrity are the main pillars. you get great experience working with high level clients.
Cohesive work environment with minimal stress
Policy Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee), ABMay 3, 2015
- Conducted financial analysis on department’s annual budget.
- Restructure and the creation of a new interdivisional statistical analysis system within the department of Maintenance and Enforcement.
Coordinated support services for a new application introduced for social workers.
Manager Support Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2015
As manager of the support service desk my main responsibilities were to ensure that social workers had all the support they needed to use the new computer application. This included coordinating 8 support staff in the day to day duties needed, ensuring on-going training, and documentation was up to date.
Love this job
File Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: breakfast meetings with nice co-wokers
Cons: 6 months contract job
This job was one of my favourites. Love typing, typing legal documents and other documents, answered phones, transferred the phone calls to the appropriate social worker, open the mail and distributed it to the right person, love enjoy the time with my co-workers. It was too bad that it was just a 6 months contract job.
Enjoyed working for a summer job with the Government of Alberta
In province and Out of Province Claims Unit (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: monday to friday work week, great co-workers and leads to work with.
Cons: when days were slow, finding more work to do!
I starting working for the Government of Alberta as a summer job, before attending my first year of school with Norquest College.
I worked hard and learned alot about the claims submissions, filing, and inputing information into the claims program. The co-workers were very helpful and enjoyed the over all work atmosphere.
I left to start my schooling but, took alot of training and understanding of the government enviroment with me. Would like to be able to apply and work for the Alberta Government again one day.
Business Analyst/Procurement Writer (Current Employee), ONJanuary 26, 2015
was challenging but rewarding and offered some challenges to be overcome and something to look forward to everyday
Productive & Fun
Summer Student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun people
Provide care-taking services for designated areas of responsibility, to ensure safe, effective, and efficient facility maintenance and operations, preserve property value and meet client needs.
Terrible
Correctional Peace Officer II (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
Terrible work environment. Promotions are not merit based. Clique and "who you know" reign supreme. Pay is ok. Benefits are mediocre. Pension is terrible
Room for personal growth and advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid time off
You never know what the day will bring, with absent upper level management cover off on my part. I've learned something new everyday, and I absorb it all in! Management were there to assist in problems, employees were having. The hardest part was the working with different work ethics. I enjoyed the many great people I have met along the way.
Generally pretty good.
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Ministry of HealthNovember 12, 2014
Check email regularly for meeting room bookings and invitations. Some great people to work with and enough time in the day to get the work done. A super opportunity to see the inner workings of how politics impact day to day activities.
Rewarding and fast paced work environment
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2014
The Government was an excellent place to work, I did a lot of individual projects where I got to decide how and when I wanted to do it. I spent a lot of time doing information management.

I learned a lot about government processes and how decision making is done.

I was a part of many teams and I liked everyone I worked with, people were excellent.
This was my first real work experience working in a foreign country
Contract/Revenue Accountant (Former Employee), Alberta, CanadaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great compensation and training.
Cons: too much red tape to get things done
The Government of Alberta, was one of the largest employer in the province of Alberta so it was exciting working for such a large employer.
Needs new management
JUDICIAL CLERK (CONTRACT) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with the lawyers and judges was a great learning experience
Cons: micromanaged, sometimes no breaks, no incentives or appreciation for work done
Management and supervisors were unmotivating and disrespectful
Court was fun yet stressful.
Lawyers were great to deal with.
Constantly micromanaged
Productive and responsible enviromemt with fun employees
Corrections Admin Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2014
My job with Goverment of Alberta was very intresting and challenging . My typicall day would start with answering emails from previous day and going in doing payroll fo180 employees. I was responsible for supervising employees and handling onfidential matters. Yet being stressfull our team always made an effort that our day goes by without any to minimal stress.
productive, great management, hardworking people
Instream water Quality analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2014
Pros: very calm, and relaxed environment
Cons: work can get boring
A great place to work. travel time, lunch, along with working hard. working with government of Alberta is very rewarding
No comment
VENDOR MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free year end lunch, christmas dinner, easter dinner and other special events
Cons: no complaints i worked here for 34 years and still enjoying the work
The work is enjoyable and the co-workers are great.
For fun we tell jokes and kid around with each other

1 2 3

About Government Of Alberta

The Alberta government is one of the largest employers in Alberta with over 25,000 employees throughout the province. We are an – Read more