Government Of Alberta

Government Of Alberta Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and responsible enviromemt with fun employees
Corrections Admin Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2014
My job with Goverment of Alberta was very intresting and challenging . My typicall day would start with answering emails from previous day and going in doing payroll fo180 employees. I was responsible for supervising employees and handling onfidential matters. Yet being stressfull our team always made an effort that our day goes by without any to minimal – more... stress. – less
productive, great management, hardworking people
Instream water Quality analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2014
Pros: very calm, and relaxed environment
Cons: work can get boring
A great place to work. travel time, lunch, along with working hard. working with government of Alberta is very rewarding
No comment
VENDOR MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free year end lunch, christmas dinner, easter dinner and other special events
Cons: no complaints i worked here for 34 years and still enjoying the work
The work is enjoyable and the co-workers are great.
For fun we tell jokes and kid around with each other
Great work environment
Intern (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 21, 2014
I had a great experience with the Government of Alberta. The tasks were challenging but very interesting and rewarding. Colleagues were very friendly and helpful.
Productive and fun filled work environment
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 18, 2014
Job are well designed
Management is good and understanding
Co-workers are helpful
Creative place to work, Great advantage to work their for career development and friendly atmosphere
UAT Test Lead / Tester (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2014
Friendly atmosphere,
Great knowledge acquiring place,
Staff is more cooperative and the implementation of new strategies will extend our knowledge on process improvement.
Fast Pace, Collaborative and Highly Learning Environment, Corporate Culture.
System Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work life balance, good hours, flexible timing, corporate culture.
Cons: slow or no advancement in career.
Fun working environment, Co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help, Decent compensation and benefits, and earned days off.
People who talk big and more are not essentially more trusted and knowledgeable.
It is fine
OH&S Committee/Trainer/Adjustment Officer (Current Employee), EdmontonJune 23, 2014
It is fine, Good work life balance. Nice people. It is fine, Good work life balance. Nice people.
Productive and Fun workplace
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours of work
• Preparing all offer letters, position extension letters, relocation agreements and contract of employment
• Initiating and maintain competition in the system and by creating, maintaining, closing and auditing manual competition files.
• Recruitment and selection to entry level wage positions by preparing advertising, pre-screening applications, administering – more... testing.
• Setting up interviews, preparing interview package, participating in the interviews as required, conducting reference checks, verbal offers and preparing and conducting reference checks.
• Assists employees with file reviews and destruction of documents following the appropriate procedures and guidelines
• Make travel arrangements including vehicle and hotel bookings
• Maintains all administration and position files and disposition of the same as well as disposition of employee relations files.
• Commencement and orientation of new employees
• Generate various reports for Managers and Human Resource Consultants
• Scheduling appointments , operation standard office equipment and processing both incoming and outgoing mail – less
Productive, energetic, fast-paced
Senior Project Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 29, 2014
Pros: energetic, streamlined process, very productive, can see results of work
Cons: can be unpredictable, things change rapidly sometimes without notice
-fast paced environment
-stream line decison making process
-fun, energetic environment
-working with highly skilled senior management level indiviudals from across goverment
Fantastic Place to Work
Human Resource Recruiter - Temporary role (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2014
Pros: compressed work week
Excellent organization enabling employees to reach their full potential but providing learning, leadership and growth opportunities. Allowing employees to take thoughtful risk in trying new and innovative ways of doing business and actively making Alberta a better place to live.
good work environment
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, interaction with others
Cons: stressful conditions during tight timelines
excellent work environment with abundance of opportunities for new learning experiences.
excellent interaction with peers, management and subordinates.
wide variety of job functions and duties.
continuous educational opportunities
Work outdoors, and enjoy nature.
Labourer (Former Employee), Canmore, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Work outdoors, and enjoy nature. Not much more to say here...
Nice people and a busy productive area.
Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Ok place to work as I am learning quite a bit but the uncertainty if there will be something permanent in the area I wish to work in - Purchasing - concerns me as I am told this A/P will only go to the end of March this year. Can't comment any further as I am only a Temp.
Our office was like family
Business Manager-Child Welfare (Former Employee), Edson AlbertaJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unequal pay scale
*We all worked together your position rank never made you unavailable for any task that needed performing we were a team.
*I learned compassion, understanding of people, and the ability to mentor.
*My co-workers were the best, we were always able to help one another, and be there for each other
*The hardest part of the job was sometimes following policies
*Our – more... potlucks for special occasions – less
Excellent and stable work pcace
HP Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: night and stat holidays shifts
- Excellent training and work experience in Government environment
- Work consisted on providing Tier 1 and 2 support go GoA employees
- Able to handle multiple calls the same time
- Manage difficult cases while under pressure when staff shortage
- Hardest part of job was successfully handle critical issues with Incident Manager(s)
- Most enjoyable – more... past of job was to quickly provide first call resolution and meet SLA – less
Variety of Work
Institutional Aide 1 (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABDecember 3, 2013
I liked the various different tasks and training I was required to give. The salary and benefits were excellent. The hard part about the job was in the beginning of it when it was cleaning only. It became more enjoyable to me when I was also able to plan and prepare meals, do laundry, and most of all, be and work with the clients.
Typical government environment. Employees are treated fairly well. Continuous training.
Helitack Crew Leader (Former Employee), ABDecember 2, 2013
Typical government environment. Great co-workers, and work/life balance.
Great Job
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2013
Worked on contracts of the sustainable resource department. Alongside contract review and data entry, basic financial auditing was also done on a daily basis. Review and ensuring that the financial transaction were completed correctly and that there were no errors in the numbers and if so that they were reported. Lots of opportunities to take on more – more... roles was always there, which was a great way to learn more, also was one of the best parts of the job. Management was extremely helpful when it came to training and guidance at work. – less
a fair place to work
Branch Head, Technology Integration (Current Employee), EdmontonNovember 4, 2013
Pros: international travel, networks
Cons: bureaucracy
very dependent on your team and leader - a great place to launch your career as good opportunity is given for networking and understanding broad economic drivers for western canada

About Government Of Alberta

The Alberta government is one of the largest employers in Alberta with over 25,000 employees throughout the province. We are an – Read more

Government Of Alberta Photos