Government Of Alberta

Government Of Alberta Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Room for personal growth and advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid time off
You never know what the day will bring, with absent upper level management cover off on my part. I've learned something new everyday, and I absorb it all in! Management were there to assist in problems, employees were having. The hardest part was the working with different work ethics. I enjoyed the many great people I have met along the way.
Generally pretty good.
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Ministry of HealthNovember 12, 2014
Check email regularly for meeting room bookings and invitations. Some great people to work with and enough time in the day to get the work done. A super opportunity to see the inner workings of how politics impact day to day activities.
Rewarding and fast paced work environment
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2014
The Government was an excellent place to work, I did a lot of individual projects where I got to decide how and when I wanted to do it. I spent a lot of time doing information management.

I learned a lot about government processes and how decision making is done.

I was a part of many teams and I liked everyone I worked with, people were excellent.
This was my first real work experience working in a foreign country
Contract/Revenue Accountant (Former Employee), Alberta, CanadaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great compensation and training.
Cons: too much red tape to get things done
The Government of Alberta, was one of the largest employer in the province of Alberta so it was exciting working for such a large employer.
Needs new management
JUDICIAL CLERK (CONTRACT) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with the lawyers and judges was a great learning experience
Cons: micromanaged, sometimes no breaks, no incentives or appreciation for work done
Management and supervisors were unmotivating and disrespectful
Court was fun yet stressful.
Lawyers were great to deal with.
Constantly micromanaged
Productive and responsible enviromemt with fun employees
Corrections Admin Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2014
My job with Goverment of Alberta was very intresting and challenging . My typicall day would start with answering emails from previous day and going in doing payroll fo180 employees. I was responsible for supervising employees and handling onfidential matters. Yet being stressfull our team always made an effort that our day goes by without any to minimal – more... stress. – less
productive, great management, hardworking people
Instream water Quality analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2014
Pros: very calm, and relaxed environment
Cons: work can get boring
A great place to work. travel time, lunch, along with working hard. working with government of Alberta is very rewarding
No comment
VENDOR MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free year end lunch, christmas dinner, easter dinner and other special events
Cons: no complaints i worked here for 34 years and still enjoying the work
The work is enjoyable and the co-workers are great.
For fun we tell jokes and kid around with each other
Great work environment
Intern (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 21, 2014
I had a great experience with the Government of Alberta. The tasks were challenging but very interesting and rewarding. Colleagues were very friendly and helpful.
Productive and fun filled work environment
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 18, 2014
Job are well designed
Management is good and understanding
Co-workers are helpful
Creative place to work, Great advantage to work their for career development and friendly atmosphere
UAT Test Lead / Tester (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2014
Friendly atmosphere,
Great knowledge acquiring place,
Staff is more cooperative and the implementation of new strategies will extend our knowledge on process improvement.
Fast Pace, Collaborative and Highly Learning Environment, Corporate Culture.
System Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work life balance, good hours, flexible timing, corporate culture.
Cons: slow or no advancement in career.
Fun working environment, Co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help, Decent compensation and benefits, and earned days off.
People who talk big and more are not essentially more trusted and knowledgeable.
It is fine
OH&S Committee/Trainer/Adjustment Officer (Current Employee), EdmontonJune 23, 2014
It is fine, Good work life balance. Nice people. It is fine, Good work life balance. Nice people.
Productive and Fun workplace
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours of work
• Preparing all offer letters, position extension letters, relocation agreements and contract of employment
• Initiating and maintain competition in the system and by creating, maintaining, closing and auditing manual competition files.
• Recruitment and selection to entry level wage positions by preparing advertising, pre-screening applications, administering – more... testing.
• Setting up interviews, preparing interview package, participating in the interviews as required, conducting reference checks, verbal offers and preparing and conducting reference checks.
• Assists employees with file reviews and destruction of documents following the appropriate procedures and guidelines
• Make travel arrangements including vehicle and hotel bookings
• Maintains all administration and position files and disposition of the same as well as disposition of employee relations files.
• Commencement and orientation of new employees
• Generate various reports for Managers and Human Resource Consultants
• Scheduling appointments , operation standard office equipment and processing both incoming and outgoing mail – less
Excellent work environment
Data Management Support, Communicable Diseases (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2014
Pros: eap, union, excellent pay, education related to government policies
Cons: a lot of deductions from each paycheck
I was always busy at Alberta Health. There was never a slow period, as my department always had incoming work. I knew what was expected of me from day to day. Great management and supervisors.
Productive, energetic, fast-paced
Senior Project Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 29, 2014
Pros: energetic, streamlined process, very productive, can see results of work
Cons: can be unpredictable, things change rapidly sometimes without notice
-fast paced environment
-stream line decison making process
-fun, energetic environment
-working with highly skilled senior management level indiviudals from across goverment
Fantastic Place to Work
Human Resource Recruiter - Temporary role (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2014
Pros: compressed work week
Excellent organization enabling employees to reach their full potential but providing learning, leadership and growth opportunities. Allowing employees to take thoughtful risk in trying new and innovative ways of doing business and actively making Alberta a better place to live.
good work environment
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, interaction with others
Cons: stressful conditions during tight timelines
excellent work environment with abundance of opportunities for new learning experiences.
excellent interaction with peers, management and subordinates.
wide variety of job functions and duties.
continuous educational opportunities
Work outdoors, and enjoy nature.
Labourer (Former Employee), Canmore, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Work outdoors, and enjoy nature. Not much more to say here...
Nice people and a busy productive area.
Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Ok place to work as I am learning quite a bit but the uncertainty if there will be something permanent in the area I wish to work in - Purchasing - concerns me as I am told this A/P will only go to the end of March this year. Can't comment any further as I am only a Temp.

1 2 3

About Government Of Alberta

The Alberta government is one of the largest employers in Alberta with over 25,000 employees throughout the province. We are an – Read more