Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible, run if you can
PCA (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL22 December 2016
GMH , was a horrible place to work, no room for advancement, turnover rates with Nursing Managers are very high....I worked here for 2 years and had 5 different managers..... my coworkers were the best. A typical day at Gottlieb depends on how your manager felt about you and not your work , scheduling on my unit was horrible! You could make a request and have it ignored..... overall the heads of this hospital does not care about the staff no matter how good of a job you do ! For them it's personal.....
Pros
Coworkers and free parking
Cons
Low pay
Good place to work.
Driver, Dispatatcher (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL4 August 2016
I work at Gottlieb Hospital for 8 years and loved my job. They down sized my department and I was let go.
I picked up patients for there appointments at the hospital and when they were finished took them home.
It was very rewarding for me.
My co-workers and supervisor were great.
The rewarding feelings I got I will always remember.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Some patients were very ill and passed on. I truly felt badly.
Does not care for employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL3 January 2017
Company is quick to kick professionals to the curb. No possibilities for advancement. Upper management does not care for their own. No room for growth. No education reimbursement
very satisfied with Gottlieb
Case manager-Homecare (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, Il3 January 2017
I have always enjoyed my work at Gottlieb/Loyola. They are very patient focused, and always empowering us to do our very best.
brief experience
Registry RN (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL29 November 2016
small familial group diverse patient load and patient centered care. mature staff. approachable managerial staff. friendly staff. gym. team building.
Interesting and challenging
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 August 2016
The opportunity is there for you to learn something new everyday.
To create a new dish that people try is rewarding. I like the fact that the teachers push you and bring out the best in you
Pros
free lunches
Fun environment
Volunteer, Outpatient Lab (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL14 January 2016
Show up every Saturday and just relax while waiting for tasks to do such as run the blood to the main lab and start running the samples or restock the outpatient lab. CO-workers and managers were great to work with all the time.
Pros
Free meal, network of people
Cons
Gloomy environment
Wow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL15 January 2015
So i was unfortunate to work for the worst manager in the company. I quickly found out that if you did not work when you were asked to come in on your day off you would be penalized by having to work an extra weekend on the next schedule.
many people were fired or quit in my short time there. I did have some great coworkers and the food was not bad in the caf when we actually had a chance to have more than 3 minutes for lunch.
Very productive employee & out going
Administrator/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL12 September 2014
I am a employee at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital work for 1 General Surgeon I am seeking for a seasonal or 3 day out of the week position. I am fluently Bilingual. A typical work day for me is to walk in and start my day with a smile and good attitude. I have learned a lot over my 4years of positioning Administrator/ Manager. I could honestly say that I love challenges so I am ready for any hard part of job duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is to make sure my patients and customers are happy.
constent walking cleaning rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL8 May 2014
• Maintain a sterol environment
• Follows detailed worksheet for each room cleaning Completes inventory of rooms contents on form provided.
• Provides information on any missing items to the manager.
• Daily maintenance of hot tubs. Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Change bedding and make beds as directed.
• Stock room food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed. Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Pros
Cons
always short staff and low pay
good hospital .fun to be a part of team
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  melrose park. Il30 September 2015
different hours everyday.I learned to perform blood banking here.
management was good. coworkers were team players. hardest part of job was phlebotomy and most rewarding part was flexibility.
Its never a dull moment
Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park,IL5 June 2012
Upon arriving at work, I start out the day by greeting my fellow coworkers, then I move on to counting my bank. When I am finally situated I grab my first patient to register. While working I am introduced to many different people for many different reasons why they come into the hospital. I enjoy having a short respectful conversation with a patient to make the registration process go by fast but interesting. When there is downtime in the day I will work on pre registering patients for up coming procedures. I enjoy my work day when I keep busy it makes the day go by faster.
Pros
having a job
Cons
full parking lot
I wouldn't take road kill there and neither would the paramedics
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL17 March 2013
A typical day is chaotic. There are no in-services compared to other top rated hospitals I worked at. Management did not listen to the concerns of the staff and how short-handed we were. Co-workers left you on you on. This hospital is rate #30 in US World News and I think this is generous but I don't believe you can go down further. The doctors do no examine their patients nor exhibit concern especially in the ER. As a patient I was thoroughly disgusted, they spelled my name wrong on my paperwork I wanted transferred to my regular physicians. I won't take road kill there.
Pros
good salary
Cons
your staff rns did not help you
Environmental Services Housekeeping Department
Housekeeper Aide 1 (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL4 June 2013
I have been working for this hospital for over a year and its great being here at this establishment. I require the happy atmosphere of the customers and staff that work here at Gottlieb. We as a community based facility provide assistance in all areas of customer service and emergency care. My job is to make sure that customers are satisfied with the work you perform and the friendly attitude that comes along with it. My job is a fun job and you have to make your job fun and enjoy doing the work.
Pros
Budget your time and be prompt.
Cons
Assist in all areas of customer service and satisfy your customers.
fun workplace and very friendly
Certified Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL17 October 2013
answer and transfer phone calls, page dr's, call back patient with surveys.
I learned to be very very patient
My coworkers were easy to get along with and we all had great communication skills
The hardest part of my job was to take care of lonely senior citizens with no families
The most enjoyable part was making my patients smile and making them feel at home
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
very short breaks and no schedule flexibility
Productive and fun place to work at
Laboratory Aide (Former Employee) –  River Grove, IL7 May 2012
On a typical day at Gottlieb Hospital I collected blood samples from selected areas around the hospital. I also did blood collections when I was called upon, and I did filing. I enjoyed my co-workers and my managers, and everyone didn't have any problems with me. Since I was doing a lot of blood collection I also intersected with a lot of people from around the hospital, and I liked this position a lot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no co
Overall not bad place to work if you keep your head down
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL20 August 2014
Typically work is the same everyday. There are various jobs that needed to be done, therefore work is divided up with the co-workers who come to work. If your short supervisors do great with picking up the slack and giving a helping hand. Co-workers a typical people you meet everyday, nice people everyone means well. Hardest part of the job is clean up, at the end of the shift. Management isn't hands on which hurts when needed. Management is hard to work with and isn't helpful. Although they do want to have an open door policy it doesn't really work that way. Its best to work with supervisors, they are the best.
Pros
Supervisors are nice and hands on
Cons
Management is very distant from department; doesn't have good knowledge of employees
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL29 December 2015
Great experience for first time cook. Full time with benefits are a great plus. Training provided for position and great on job experience.
educational and enjoyable
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL9 July 2012
i enjoy the company that i am currently employed at ... my coworkers are fun to be with, we get plenty of experience in patients of all ages and scenerios, get to keep up with my CME's
Pros
holidays are time and a half, including birthday, mildly flexible schedule
Cons
i love my career, but i feel like im always working
Productive and Fun workplace with peers
Janitorial Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 June 2015
It would be okay and normal. I learned about Doctor's Clinics. The management was good. The co-workers were respectful. The hardest part was nothing.The most enjoyable part was everything.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Short Breaks