Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work places, met new people
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL27 March 2017
These jobs gave me confidence to more coward with my career and to try different opportunities!
I'm looking to better myself and my like these jobs have personalities they gave reality. I loved working there.
you learn a lot
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL22 March 2017
I love what i do which is helping others. If one person could make a difference in making the patient feel good and taking care of. It i did my job well.
Pros
we help each other
Cons
break
Transporter /ED Tech/In-Patient
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL4 March 2017
Great people, Great Facility and Fitness Center attached to the Hospital , School was affiliated with the hospital , learned a great deal over the years with passionate people serving the community !
Pros
Fitness Center . Chapel
Cons
Excellent Facility
Does not care for employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL3 January 2017
Company is quick to kick professionals to the curb. No possibilities for advancement. Upper management does not care for their own. No room for growth. No education reimbursement
very satisfied with Gottlieb
Case manager-Homecare (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, Il3 January 2017
I have always enjoyed my work at Gottlieb/Loyola. They are very patient focused, and always empowering us to do our very best.
Horrible, run if you can
PCA (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL22 December 2016
GMH , was a horrible place to work, no room for advancement, turnover rates with Nursing Managers are very high....I worked here for 2 years and had 5 different managers..... my coworkers were the best. A typical day at Gottlieb depends on how your manager felt about you and not your work , scheduling on my unit was horrible! You could make a request and have it ignored..... overall the heads of this hospital does not care about the staff no matter how good of a job you do ! For them it's personal.....
Pros
Coworkers and free parking
Cons
Low pay
brief experience
Registry RN (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL29 November 2016
small familial group diverse patient load and patient centered care. mature staff. approachable managerial staff. friendly staff. gym. team building.
Interesting and challenging
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 August 2016
The opportunity is there for you to learn something new everyday.
To create a new dish that people try is rewarding. I like the fact that the teachers push you and bring out the best in you
Pros
free lunches
Good place to work.
Driver, Dispatatcher (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL4 August 2016
I work at Gottlieb Hospital for 8 years and loved my job. They down sized my department and I was let go.
I picked up patients for there appointments at the hospital and when they were finished took them home.
It was very rewarding for me.
My co-workers and supervisor were great.
The rewarding feelings I got I will always remember.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Some patients were very ill and passed on. I truly felt badly.
Fun environment
Volunteer, Outpatient Lab (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL14 January 2016
Show up every Saturday and just relax while waiting for tasks to do such as run the blood to the main lab and start running the samples or restock the outpatient lab. CO-workers and managers were great to work with all the time.
Pros
Free meal, network of people
Cons
Gloomy environment
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL29 December 2015
Great experience for first time cook. Full time with benefits are a great plus. Training provided for position and great on job experience.
good hospital .fun to be a part of team
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  melrose park. Il30 September 2015
different hours everyday.I learned to perform blood banking here.
management was good. coworkers were team players. hardest part of job was phlebotomy and most rewarding part was flexibility.
Cons
Productive and Fun workplace with peers
Janitorial Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 June 2015
It would be okay and normal. I learned about Doctor's Clinics. The management was good. The co-workers were respectful. The hardest part was nothing.The most enjoyable part was everything.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Short Breaks
The Staff is like your family
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL28 February 2015
Researched, implemented, and trained employees on hardware and software utilized by the department. Excellent co-workers that become part of your family.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Healthcare
Very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL20 February 2015
staff and nurses are supportive especially the night nurses! Many possibilities to grow and nice community environment
Pros
good healthy environment to work
Wow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL15 January 2015
So i was unfortunate to work for the worst manager in the company. I quickly found out that if you did not work when you were asked to come in on your day off you would be penalized by having to work an extra weekend on the next schedule.
many people were fired or quit in my short time there. I did have some great coworkers and the food was not bad in the caf when we actually had a chance to have more than 3 minutes for lunch.
Fast paced environment.
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL7 December 2014
Normal eight hour work day depending on schedule. Hardest part was periodic equipment and supply shortage, and being sent home early due to low case load.
Pros
Friendly community hospital setting. Fare priced cafeteria meals.
Cons
Offered low dollar amount for CE.
already reviewed this
Charge nurse/Staff nurse/CHF clinic (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park1 November 2014
I reviewed the already. It keeps popping up so I have to keep filling it out.
Terrible Place for Competent Med Techs
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park,IL18 October 2014
If you're a lab tech avoid this place at all costs! The PM shift is absolutely terrible. Favoritism is rampant, and a culture of blame prevails. You will be forced to work the night shift when one of the two night techs calls in sick (FMLA), which is often. You will be undervalued and unappreciated for any extra effort you give them. The two managers have been there their entire careers - almost 40 years each and have unfortunately arrived at a place in their careers where the thought of retiring is all they care about. They don't care about patient safety. Given that NOBODY applies here when they post a job, they're forced to hire from the bottom of the barrel just to "have a body" as the managers say. As such, you will be forced to work with completely incompetent techs who are never held accountable for their failures (reporting incorrect results . . . worst case: a positive HIV reported as negative . . . and the tech still works there without any reprisals). The two managers have ruled their roosts for almost 40 years with minimal oversight. Now that this small community hospital is being gobbled up by a large organization (Trinity Health), they're fighting the major changes taking place and unwilling to adapt. The hypocrisy here is palpable - LUHS (the parent company) claims to foster a culture of patient safety when in fact this labortory laughs at that goal. However, if you're a good tech, you'll be the one who's work is scrutinized. This place is absoutley backwards. No wonder lead techs are stepping down and quitting en masse. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT work here  more... unless you're a glutton for punishment and strive to work for the worst managers ever.  less
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Very productive employee & out going
Administrator/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL12 September 2014
I am a employee at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital work for 1 General Surgeon I am seeking for a seasonal or 3 day out of the week position. I am fluently Bilingual. A typical work day for me is to walk in and start my day with a smile and good attitude. I have learned a lot over my 4years of positioning Administrator/ Manager. I could honestly say that I love challenges so I am ready for any hard part of job duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is to make sure my patients and customers are happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.