Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Driver, Dispatatcher (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 4, 2016
I work at Gottlieb Hospital for 8 years and loved my job. They down sized my department and I was let go.
I picked up patients for there appointments at the hospital and when they were finished took them home.
It was very rewarding for me.
My co-workers and supervisor were great.
The rewarding feelings I got I will always remember.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Some patients were very ill and passed on. I truly felt badly.
Fun environment
Volunteer, Outpatient Lab (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Show up every Saturday and just relax while waiting for tasks to do such as run the blood to the main lab and start running the samples or restock the outpatient lab. CO-workers and managers were great to work with all the time.
Pros
Free meal, network of people
Cons
Gloomy environment
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 29, 2015
Great experience for first time cook. Full time with benefits are a great plus. Training provided for position and great on job experience.
good hospital .fun to be a part of team
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  melrose park. IlSeptember 30, 2015
different hours everyday.I learned to perform blood banking here.
management was good. coworkers were team players. hardest part of job was phlebotomy and most rewarding part was flexibility.
Cons
Productive and Fun workplace with peers
Janitorial Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
It would be okay and normal. I learned about Doctor's Clinics. The management was good. The co-workers were respectful. The hardest part was nothing.The most enjoyable part was everything.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Short Breaks
The Staff is like your family
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Researched, implemented, and trained employees on hardware and software utilized by the department. Excellent co-workers that become part of your family.
Pros
great staff
Cons
healthcare
Very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 20, 2015
staff and nurses are supportive especially the night nurses! Many possibilities to grow and nice community environment
Pros
good healthy environment to work
Wow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 15, 2015
So i was unfortunate to work for the worst manager in the company. I quickly found out that if you did not work when you were asked to come in on your day off you would be penalized by having to work an extra weekend on the next schedule.
many people were fired or quit in my short time there. I did have some great coworkers and the food was not bad in the caf when we actually had a chance to have more than 3 minutes for lunch.
Fast paced environment.
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 7, 2014
Normal eight hour work day depending on schedule. Hardest part was periodic equipment and supply shortage, and being sent home early due to low case load.
Pros
friendly community hospital setting. fare priced cafeteria meals.
Cons
offered low dollar amount for ce.
already reviewed this
Charge nurse/Staff nurse/CHF clinic (Former Employee) –  Melrose ParkNovember 1, 2014
I reviewed the already. It keeps popping up so I have to keep filling it out.
Terrible Place for Competent Med Techs
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park,ILOctober 18, 2014
If you're a lab tech avoid this place at all costs! The PM shift is absolutely terrible. Favoritism is rampant, and a culture of blame prevails. You will be forced to work the night shift when one of the two night techs calls in sick (FMLA), which is often. You will be undervalued and unappreciated for any extra effort you give them. The two managers have been there their entire careers - almost 40 years each and have unfortunately arrived at a place in their careers where the thought of retiring is all they care about. They don't care about patient safety. Given that NOBODY applies here when they post a job, they're forced to hire from the bottom of the barrel just to "have a body" as the managers say. As such, you will be forced to work with completely incompetent techs who are never held accountable for their failures (reporting incorrect results . . . worst case: a positive HIV reported as negative . . . and the tech still works there without any reprisals). The two managers have ruled their roosts for almost 40 years with minimal oversight. Now that this small community hospital is being gobbled up by a large organization (Trinity Health), they're fighting the major changes taking place and unwilling to adapt. The hypocrisy here is palpable - LUHS (the parent company) claims to foster a culture of patient safety when in fact this labortory laughs at that goal. However, if you're a good tech, you'll be the one who's work is scrutinized. This place is absoutley backwards. No wonder lead techs are stepping down and quitting en masse. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT work here  more... unless you're a glutton for punishment and strive to work for the worst managers ever.  less
Cons
too many to list
Very productive employee & out going
Administrator/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 12, 2014
I am a employee at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital work for 1 General Surgeon I am seeking for a seasonal or 3 day out of the week position. I am fluently Bilingual. A typical work day for me is to walk in and start my day with a smile and good attitude. I have learned a lot over my 4years of positioning Administrator/ Manager. I could honestly say that I love challenges so I am ready for any hard part of job duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is to make sure my patients and customers are happy.
very nice work environment
staff X-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 4, 2014
taking X-rays
transporting patients
i love working with patients
helping out the front desk when needed
Pros
co workers
Cons
nothing
Great place to make people feel better
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 3, 2014
This was and experience opportunity i got in my high school to help out in the medical field in Gottlieb Memorial hospital.
Overall not bad place to work if you keep your head down
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 20, 2014
Typically work is the same everyday. There are various jobs that needed to be done, therefore work is divided up with the co-workers who come to work. If your short supervisors do great with picking up the slack and giving a helping hand. Co-workers a typical people you meet everyday, nice people everyone means well. Hardest part of the job is clean up, at the end of the shift. Management isn't hands on which hurts when needed. Management is hard to work with and isn't helpful. Although they do want to have an open door policy it doesn't really work that way. Its best to work with supervisors, they are the best.
Pros
supervisors are nice and hands on
Cons
management is very distant from department; doesn't have good knowledge of employees
A workplace that's workable and is always making changes to improve on patient care and expanding new ideas to promote better use of companies policy.
Housekeeper Aid (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 26, 2014
A typical work day is one that's not always a steady flow. I work in the Environmental Services Department and its a challenge on a daily basis. I'm not always assigned to the same unit(s). I prefer to float sometimes but rather be stationed in a one unit area. Its typically challenging.

Management is not up to speed nor trained properly to maintain daily operations to help make a work day flowable. Why? We are always getting new managers to come assist to make operations better but their whole idea is almost as not good as the former management not to negativley speak. Improvements are being made but not fast enough.

Co-workers are typical and you have to work around attitudes and remain friendly even if you don't want to so that you can be a better person for yourself. For the most part all other co-workers are very loveable and easy going.

The hardest part of the job is being able to complete assigned assignments if you are not called away or pulled away from it to the new assignment because co-workers decides to call off or just don't show up for work. Organization is the biggest task but all is fair just having a job.

The most enjoyable are the patients, the staff throughout the hospital, the guests and the E.R. Also doing a job and getting to complete it before the end of the shift.
Pros
earning magis stars or pens. and feeling good about completing your assignment(s) for the day.
Cons
clocking in and out for breaks and not being given a reasonable lunch schedule.
Not so good with too many changes
RN (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 8, 2014
It got worse when other institutions took over. It has gone from feeling like family to feeling like a number. Your loyalty is inconsequential. Your opinions are asked but do not really matter. Benefits and pay have been reduced. Morale has been low for a long, long time.
constent walking cleaning rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 8, 2014
• Maintain a sterol environment
• Follows detailed worksheet for each room cleaning Completes inventory of rooms contents on form provided.
• Provides information on any missing items to the manager.
• Daily maintenance of hot tubs. Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Change bedding and make beds as directed.
• Stock room food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed. Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Cons
always short staff and low pay
environment with various diagnoses to help strengthen all nurses' skills
RN, BSN, orthopedic/surgical/med surg nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Showing up for work early to obtain pertinent patient information, such as labs, abnormal test results, and the patients' overall goals for the day. After introducing myself with my favorite phrase, "Hello, my name is Jennifer and I will be your nurse caring for you today." I believe this establishes a good rapport with the patient and myself, and may alleviate anxiety related to being in the hospital or feeling alone. I consult with doctors during their briefing and learn about diagnoses, plan of care and new medications. I respect management, and I am flexible if needed due to census changes. Teamwork with co-workers helps build professional relationships, but also trust to obtain the best outcome for our patients. The hardest part of being a nurse is seeing a patient give up hope for personal reasons. The most enjoying part of nursing is helping patients reach their goals towards recovery, and feeling as though you made a difference by helping a person in need.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
remembering to stay hydrated
Nice, Clean place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 23, 2014
This was just an experience i had it wasn't a job.

Scheduling appointments
Ordering supplies
Helping patients
Pros
good benefits, pay rate