JOB ROLE: F&B CONSULTANT
OUTLET: THE ALBION ROOMS, NOVOTEL OTTAWA
REPORTING TO: PROJECT DIRECTOR, GORGEOUS GROUP
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: PROJECT BASED
Gorgeous Group (trading as Gorgeous Hospitality Ltd, 55 Lafone Street, London UK SE1 2LX) are an international, creative and operational hospitality agency and award-winning specialists in bars, cafés, restaurants, brands and service. We are experts in the opening and reinvention of bars and restaurants and carry out all areas of research, creation of concepts, interior design, branding and marketing through to operational layouts, systems, menus, collateral, equipment, service ware, manuals, training and mentoring. We are leaders in hospitality trends and understand the need to bring to life the consumer experience and how to commercially deliver concept, product and service ambitions.
Gorgeous Group worked with Novotel Ottawa to design a new lounge bar and kitchen that opened in early 2013. The Albion Rooms is an informal drinking and dining concept with a neighbourhood feel that operates as a standalone destination within the hotel. The bar offering focuses on local beers and wines alongside fantastic craft cocktails, while the open kitchen serves a selection of small and sharing plates made from local and seasonal produce. The concise menus are executed perfectly and served efficiently by our knowledgeable and passionate team.
We are looking for two experienced and dynamic food & beverage consultants to work with the Gorgeous Group team to support The Albion Rooms in Ottawa. The successful candidates will report to Gorgeous Group but work closely with the hotel management and the front and back of house teams at Novotel Ottawa.
The F&B consultants must specialise in front of house service delivery and have broad experience in global cocktail, beer, wine and coffee culture. Alongside beverage and bartending expertise, they will need to have worked with Chefs operating in an open kitchen to bring the food experience alive in a front of house environment. They will work with the service, bar and kitchen but will also be required to mentor the hotel management to effectively manage the operation, to drive revenues, control costs, and promote The Albion Rooms across Ottawa and the North American and Canadian market.
They will work closely with Gorgeous Group Project Managers, Trainers, Directors and with the client, Novotel Ottawa, to realize The Albion Rooms concept
They will understand, interpret and lead the development of the service experience at The Albion Rooms by working with the hotel management and the front and back of house service teams
They will educate and inspire the team through training, coaching and mentoring
These will include but are not restricted to:
- Ensure product delivery meets the highest quality expectations
- Maintain and improve product quality and service standards
- Lead the management, service, bar and kitchen training programs
- Analyze daily sales and monthly P&L reports
- Provide regular feedback to Gorgeous Group on the progress of the business and to the client on return on investment and growth of the business
- Work with F&B Manager and Head Chef in the planning of menus for breakfast, lounge, restaurant, and bar
- Assist in the recruitment of service, bar and kitchen teams
- Support the hotel management with the marketing and PR of The Albion Rooms
Skill / Professional
No specific vocational qualification is required but the candidate would benefit from a Bachelors in Hospitality Management & Tourism.
The main requirement is work experience and we require a minimum of five years experience in a consultancy or management role within F&B operations, preferably with previous experience in both bars and restaurants.
We would also look for:
- International cocktail bartending and floor service experience
- Extensive practical and theoretical hospitality training experience
- Passion for hospitality with extensive food knowledge and experience working with wine, cocktails, spirits and beers
- Thorough understanding of current global trends in food & drink
- Experience working with social media
- Experience managing multiple teams
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel spreadsheets
- Natural leader who is self motivated, enthusiastic and passionate
- Positive attitude, adaptability and proactive people management skills
- Excellent communicator
The successful candidate will be entitled to a day rate of £625 ($1034) per day for each day of project work delivered.
Gorgeous Group are always looking for amazing people to work with us and for our clients