We are currently looking for a legal assistant with family law experience. You must be adept at word processing and able to draft pleadings, documents and correspondence from dictation, precedent and on your own. You must have good file management skills, be able to produce accurate correspondence and documents in a timely manner, and proofread outgoing documents for accuracy and ensure they comply with legal procedures.
Your duties will generally include:
- Preparing correspondence and legal documents including statements of claim, statements of defense, applications, affidavits, Minutes of Settlement, Orders and the like;
- Gathering and analysing information provided by clients or opposing counsel including financial disclosure, documents and reports;
- Maintaining organization of physical and computer files;
- Maintaining a file diarization and deadline system;
- Preparing bills, billing clients, billing Legal Aid, and contacting clients regarding refreshing retainers and payment of outstanding accounts;
- Proof-reading documents;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Telephone calls with clients and other counsel;
- Scheduling meetings and appointments;
- Assisting with other duties in the office including occasional reception or holiday coveroff for other staff members;
- Other duties to generally assist me and other members of the firm with our family law practice;
- Excellent computer skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- possess sound judgment and initiative
- be dedicated to providing quality service to clients
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Legal Office Administration Certificate
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those deemed qualified for this position will be called for interviews regarding this opportunity.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Our firm has, in one form or another, been a part of the Edmonton legal community for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on being one of the...