Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

An incredable billion dollar sales family owned bussines
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2017
The food service industry is one of the fastest paced industries around the demand to succeed in sales is huge. This company uses sales training, bonus incentives and team building to drive you and your abilities forward. They are all in when it comes to sales people with drive the rewards are great. i was a very successful sales representative food Gordon Food service and have shook the hand of Dan Gordon 3 times in 5 years winning top sales awards
Wonderful Place to work
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
The Culture is relaxed yet professional. I have learned so many things in my time there. I really enjoyed working there.

My Manager guided me and was supportive. I was given opportunities to learn in many different avenues.

My supervisor took me under her wing and put trust in me to do a great job. I have grown so much as a professional thanks to the time and support of my whole team
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 March 2017
The Company and staff are great they treat their employees very well. The money that can be made as a sales rep is higher then most jobs on the island as long as you put in the hard work.
Interview Process is Humiliating
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC6 March 2017
The interview process is a personal attack on your character and they make it sound like working there is a gift you should be lucky for.

They ask you humiliating questions about your past and make it seem like your there for all the wrong reasons.

Management is on a high horse that they don't come down from and will work you to the bone until you are broken.

Employees are treated like subordinates just there to move product for the hierarchy at whatever cost.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits, Free Parking+Swipe Badge
Cons
Long Graveyard Hours, -20C temperatures, dangerous environment
Great people and exciting job
District Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 February 2017
The company is fast paced and always looking for new innovative ideas for the food place. You have the ability to work in four different departments and there are opportunities always to move laterally.
Good place to start a driving Career
Delivery Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
I loved my job, the only downside was the management with in this company. They push you so hard and it does take a toll on your body in a driving position.
I liked most of the customers I had to deal with, every now and then you would come across one that just wanted to make your day a nightmare. This being said, most where willing to help you when they could or how they could, it was always great to get a cold drink on a hot day!
Managers rarely worked on stat days but most drivers were required to do so. If you ever stood up for yourself when told you are wrong and could prove you are right, you'd get spoken to. Within this company a supervisor IS NEVER WRONG.
Being a company that works on a seniority basis, this can be very frustrating when you start and have no paid holidays(for a year), and others have up to 10 weeks a year.
Pros
Lots of overtime paid at great rates
Cons
managment
Wonderful experience there
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 February 2017
Taught me all i know about working in Canada,trucking life; different work environments; now looking for alternatives
Good christmas parties and working environment working on latest equipment overall good experience
Salary and Benefits made the job worthwhile
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
Salary and Benefits made the job worthwhile. I did not like my job. Management was a joke. The extra incentives were awesome, good money. Obviously since I was there for almost 6 years.
You're just a number until your body breaks
Formula order selector (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON2 February 2017
Great company to work for as long as you're putting in the numbers. The minute you become hurt on the job is when management begins harassing you. They want to make you quit or find any grounds they can to fire you. They will also hire anyone including thugs off the Toronto streets. Favouritism is the motto so get your lips ready
Pros
Incentive
Cons
They don't care about their employees
Unrealistic expectation
sales service rep/delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 January 2017
Management very unorganized, supervisors incompetent. This company will work you until your stupid if they can. The expectations are ridiculously unrealistic like 330 pieces in an hour and 45 mins when you have to walk a kilometer to and from the truck. they expect you to go go go go go go. they preach safety but expect stupid.
Pros
newer trucks great benefits
Cons
Everything else

Want to know more about Gordon Food Service?

Ask a question
its very productive ,neat and clean place. maintain cleanliness and provide other benefits
Packaging, cutting, handling, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 January 2017
My experience is very good in this factory.All are very co operative during working and helping each other so no one can feel uncomfortable there. There is good management and have lot of productivity. Everyone follows given instructions and maintain the cleanliness and hygenic condition of the factory . There is lot of enjoy in lunch room . But there is litle bit more cold in factory than outside so never forget to wear warm clothes
Pros
free tea and give 15 minutes tea break
Very flexible
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 December 2016
I was in a position to manage tasks very comfortably and report to my seniors without any trouble. We a as team worked very efficiently and showed great amount respect for the job and to our fellow peers.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
travel time
Terrible management and supervisors.
Slave (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2016
If you want to work for a company rife with nepotism,favoritism and
poor management then, this is the company for you. Bullying, gossiping and harassment is ignored by superiors.
Pros
Very little.
Great Company to work for
Credit coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
I loved my job with GFS. I came with not only coworkers but friends for life.
They were a very family orientated company and would always make sure to put myself and my family before anything else.
Always squeezing more.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC19 September 2016
This company has been downsizing jobs for years since they were bought by an American company. Shipping jobs to Michigan, cutting incentives and pushing more work load onto smaller staffing. Solid and consistent work hours and good people were the only thing keeping me there.
Pros
Hours of work, people
Cons
Ownership and Management
Commercial Transport Driver
Commercial Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 September 2016
This company is good to work for. Great benefits and good salary. They lack compassion when their employees fall into personal hardship. I would recommend this company to others.
Amazing Company
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
My experience with GFS Calgary has been nothing but greatness. The company really cares about its employees, and always aims for greatness. The management are really easy to talk to, and are very cooperative, and are excellent leaders to the each group they lead. Every year it was a job i would look forward to going to work (I work in the summer months). I am very thankful for the training i have received, and the work i have accomplished with GFS. Could not be happier.
Pros
Amazing staff, good pay
Productive company
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2016
i enjoyed working at Gordon Food Services, fast pace, co-workers were great to work with and the pay and benefits were great
Worst Unorganized Workplace
AZ Sales Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 July 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Horrible experience, highly un-organized.
Told me gonna hire me on Starbucks after orientation they will keep in broaddline.
The salary peanuts
Long hours, No helpers, 80% their instructions about deliveries wrong.
Will send the newly trained guys to downtown where they know nothing where to go and how to deliver.
I can write an essay on this company why its a place where one shouldn't work but don't want to waste my time.
Pros
You can loose extra weight
Cons
good company but tough job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 June 2016
Due to personal shoulder got injury leaving this job, but insist this is a good company to work for.
Pros
good management
Cons
tough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.