Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 September 2017
I have a great time working at Gordon Food Services, all the employee they all work as a team helping one another, benefits are great, Management they all treat the employee as equal,
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Excellent Family Oriented Company
Senior National Operations Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 September 2017
I love working for GFS. An awesome company to work for. Plenty of opportunity and a lot of great people. I would prefer working for Gordon Food Service.
Extremely hard work with bad management
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 August 2017
Extremely hard work with bad management. No work life balance but the pay is amazing and the benefits are good too. I would do the job again but only if I had to.
Body takes a pounding
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 August 2017
I would say the best thing about working here is once your done your load you go home and sometimes it's early
But that's not enough
There is constant loading that's late which makes your day late
Routing is still bad
No communication between ..... anyone actually
Pros
BBQ s for appreciation day
Cons
No fairness in formula pay late loading times
aide livreur de nuit
Aide-livreur (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC27 July 2017
Tout a très bien commencé, j'ai commencé a travailler pour Gordon en juillet 2016, j'avais 3 mois probatoire pour voir si j'aimais l'emploi et si j'étais capable de bien effectuer le travail. A chaque mois ils m'ont évaluer et tout allait super bien. Puis 4 mois plus tard j'ai eu une entorse légère au dos. Je l'ai soigné, tout étais correct. J'ai recommencé à travailler puis la journée de mon retour ils m'ont congédié (illégalement).En disant que je ne répondait plus au exigence. voilà
Pros
travaille dehors
Cons
mange dans camion
Good Company to work for
Delivery Driver and customer service (Former Employee) –  British Columbia8 July 2017
I really enjoyed the freindships made a GFS the company has a good thing going. The best thing was the customers on my route and the scenery .

Good equipment made my day easier as well and everything was kept in excellent shape.

Management was kinda all over the map but aren't they all
Pros
the customers you get to know
Cons
absent minded management
Hard work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 June 2017
Good start up company to work for to gain experience driving and understanding the lower mainland. you do things on your own pace and work in a safe manner. i learned how to be a great individual in the customer service field.
Good Company
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
I was working as a part timer while going to school. Unfortunately they have to let me go because of industry slow down and recession in Alberta. I really hope I could work for them again.
Waste of time working hard here!
Driver, leadhand (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 June 2017
Good employees but horrible management! Pretty much all the management is boys club not actually good leaders. None of them are organized and dont really care about the employees. Worked there for over 15yrs and went to p/t for awhile and management stopped returning calls and instead sent a letter saying services no longer needed. Too chicken to answer the phone or even call back!
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management a joke!
Gfs
Driver Assistant / Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Great People, awful management.

Typical day in transportation involved going out on runs and delivering food, or in the transportation office making calls.

I learned to respect semi drivers that work with awful companies like this one

Hardest part of the job was not being able to work without management breathing down your neck while they twiddled their thumbs doing nothing.

The most enjoyable part was seeing all my friends and co-workers and talking about our mutual distaste in the management.
Pros
Freedom of the Road. No management on the road.
Cons
Extreamly long hours, sometimes from 5 am to 9 pm at night Depending on how heavy the day and traffic.
Huge earning potential
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
I honestly love this company and miss it very much. Great team environment, great benefits, great money, and in non-recession times, pretty secure! If you are willing and able to show up and work hard, it is an extremely rewarding job.
Pros
pay, co-workers, can be fun
Cons
management, hours
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 May 2017
In general, working at this company is a nightmare. You will have to give up your regular life and dedicate yourself to pick up boxes all night long. Your seconds are counted, its true you get the incentives but still, its not worth it when you have to be working in the freezer -30 for full shift. Management is pretty unorganized, schedules based on seniority. They bring new people every month, not even half of them last the first month.
Pros
compensations
Cons
Work environment
Productive and good workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 May 2017
I'm happy and enjoying cutting fruits and have a good and friendly co workers,,,have good supervisor and kind and good manager.. I worked here almost a year..
Pros
Barbecue gatherings
Cons
Half day
Nice to work
material handler (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta canada5 May 2017
Good employees and superiors, all compensation has been paid on time, treatment for all employees are fair, happy working at Gordon Food Services Calgary.
Interesting workplace based on commision and salary
Order selector/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
It pays decently and the workforce makes the job bearable. Management and advancement is based of politics. The hours are not ideal and you will start on nights. But in a bad economy its not the worst place to work. You get paid an incentive for the work you've done but don't expect any reasonability with regards to time off or vacation. Its based on seniority.
An incredable billion dollar sales family owned bussines
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2017
The food service industry is one of the fastest paced industries around the demand to succeed in sales is huge. This company uses sales training, bonus incentives and team building to drive you and your abilities forward. They are all in when it comes to sales people with drive the rewards are great. i was a very successful sales representative food Gordon Food service and have shook the hand of Dan Gordon 3 times in 5 years winning top sales awards
Wonderful Place to work
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
The Culture is relaxed yet professional. I have learned so many things in my time there. I really enjoyed working there.

My Manager guided me and was supportive. I was given opportunities to learn in many different avenues.

My supervisor took me under her wing and put trust in me to do a great job. I have grown so much as a professional thanks to the time and support of my whole team
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 March 2017
The Company and staff are great they treat their employees very well. The money that can be made as a sales rep is higher then most jobs on the island as long as you put in the hard work.
Interview Process is Humiliating
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC6 March 2017
The interview process is a personal attack on your character and they make it sound like working there is a gift you should be lucky for.

They ask you humiliating questions about your past and make it seem like your there for all the wrong reasons.

Management is on a high horse that they don't come down from and will work you to the bone until you are broken.

Employees are treated like subordinates just there to move product for the hierarchy at whatever cost.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits, Free Parking+Swipe Badge
Cons
Long Graveyard Hours, -20C temperatures, dangerous environment
Great people and exciting job
District Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 February 2017
The company is fast paced and always looking for new innovative ideas for the food place. You have the ability to work in four different departments and there are opportunities always to move laterally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Gordon Food Service Reviews by Location