Google

Google Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Google is a great place. Full of smart, motivated people. There isn't very much room for advancement.
Great company culture
Analytical lead (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros
Great culture
Flat hierarchy
Awesome people to work with
Used to be a project culture company but not anyore
Used to be super flexible

Con
- ratings system is absurd in some business unit (forced stack ranking people)
VERY GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APFebruary 12, 2014
This company has a very nice work environment.This company has helped me a lot in learning new things.
creative work place
Ground Truth Data Specialist (Google Maps Team) (Former Employee), Mountain ViewFebruary 11, 2014
Regadless of the project the team was always allowed to share ideas and give feedback on daily work day processes.
always a leavel 4
Technician Lead lll Eazy going love to teach (Current Employee), MTV CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free food! all you can eat, what ever you want to eat, when ever you want to eat
Cons: you eat to much.
Typical work day will consist of pass downs picking up wear swing left off basic PM walk through ect.
I have learned so much from the wonderful people at Google . It is a place of never ending knowledge fun happiness. I am proud and fortune to be a part of a place you actually enjoy breaking a sweat fore everyday.
Iv taught new hires and up coming technicians – more... the proper procedures and technical skills needed to preform tech ll duties The great people I have met in my two years here have inspired me to better my education and follow what once was a dream. The reason I rated management low was due to their chain of command, there is none, employee hand book states all employees that have been promoted must wait a period of at least 6 to 8 mounts and management positions a degree / work experience is required before an employee can be eligible to apply for a change of position and/or promotion.
This rule and a bunch others don't apply to friends higher management.
For example there are a hand full of employees have been promoted with out any experience or degree's, actually moved up three to four positions in less then six mounts
hardest part of the job my I would guess would be when the rains comes most roofs due to new AC units and general people walking on them create leaks x a bunch of bldgs. is kayos. – less
Very kosher and high expectations work place.
Operations Technician Assistant Contractor (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent learning experience.
Cons: contract
Very opened environment, self sufficient work pace. Group Meeting that give you the opportunity to learn different protocols and voice opinions on what you have learned working for the company.
productive and fun work place
HR and Guest Relations- Halcyon Times (Former Employee), Hydrabad, Andhra PradeshFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free launchers
Cons: long hours
enjoying the work we do id is the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Company
Strategy & Operations Manager (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 6, 2014
Great Company, difficult to navigate sometimes. Management can sometimes not be attentive
THE BEST place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Santa Monica,CAFebruary 2, 2014
worked as contractor at Google, Santa Monica, CA. The place was really awesome to work in
Very good place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Awesome work environment.
very good work culture.
I enjoy working with Google
This is actually Revana
Google Customer Service (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: no pros at all
Cons: this company doesn't have a clue about anything
all levels of management do not have a clue what they're doing
Work Experience
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free acess to work out room and free lunch
Enter information on the quality of book conditions. Operated business machines fax, copy printers,copy machine, and phones. I learned to meet deadlines because book had to be shipped shipped to college libraries on a timely manner if not my contract with would end early. The mangers there were helpful and friendly. Me an my co-workers use team work – more... and got alone great. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co workers when my two year contact was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to work a sucessful company completing my two year contact. – less
Amazing Experience
ACCOUNT COORDINATOR – TECH, TELE, CPG (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJanuary 24, 2014
Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! Its awesome working here! :)
Mentally stimulating, fun, challenging
Specialist (Former Employee), Carlisle, ENGJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: happy enviroment
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work started with me cleaning the area, in store where i was situated. Usually the mornings started off slow with only 5 - 15 customers in looking at my products. Then the afternoon got a lot busier which is when my skills of working under pressure came to be very helpful. I learned a lot about computers and tech support. Also I learned – more... how to work with strangers which was my main worry when i took on the job. I formed very good relationships with my co-workers on professional and personal levels. The hardest part of my job was that I started work after only having 2 hours training which meant 95% of the information that i passed onto customers was all learned from self study. I have to say that the part of this job that i enjoyed the most had to be the customers. I dealt with that many but i can still remember faces and every tutorial, educating session and sales pitch. – less
Good place to work if you are not a contractor
Contact Center Support Technician Tier (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 21, 2014
If you are hired as a employee, that would be best. Treats contractors like second class citizens. Managers who are contractors have no idea how to manage a team the majority of the time. A very segregated feeling if you have a red badge and not the normal google badge. Great food and swag. Definitely a place to try and work at and hopefully converted.
Experienced professional with planning and organizational skills that balance work, team support and manages in a timely and professional manner.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free food, juices, snacks etc
Cons: absolutely nothing.
Before I joined Google Company, I was skeptical and nervous because I had no experience working in an office. The night before my first day of work, thoughts were racing through my mind…
I felt worried about the kind of work I would have to do. But the manger and my co-workers were so helpful to me. Thanks to them.
As time went by, I learned to interact – more... with clients. . .
My overall experience with GOOGLE INDIA was great. Everyone is super nice and funny and the environment is very calm and friendly. – less
Banking, finance, MS-Excel, SQL
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), hyderabad, apJanuary 15, 2014
The company is truely good. Helpful co-workers, area to learn.
fun
Scan Operator (Former Employee), Lexington, MAJanuary 15, 2014
fun job
fast pace
good quality demand
scan books
material handling
great company
Head of Chrome Developer Relations (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: innovative, creative, strong eng culture
Cons: long working hours
great eng culture, risk taking, open and communicative

great eng culture, risk taking, open and communicative
was a productive and fun working place
Scan Operator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 13, 2014
work was really fun comfortable able to work individually. my job was to scan books page by page and all kinds of books even magazines. My co-workers were fun and friendly. The hardest part was trying not to rip a page because some books were so old and hard not to rip or make any blurry pages either.

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more