Google

Google Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Place Ever
Culinary Extern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 26, 2013
To put extremely simply, there's no point working anywhere else this is the greatest company to work for.
Fun Place, Great Benefits, Watch out for shady managers
Internal Mobility Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free food and drinks all day, tgif drinking fridays
Google lives to the hype in everything but transparency. The food is excellent and free, its fun, but your managers will not tell you if you need to move or if your not performing well. You can lose your job quickly if you aren't aware of what they think about you.
Working at Google is like trying to do your homework in a frat house living room.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: very relaxed environment.
Cons: the google attitude that non phd people were worthless.
Don't get me wrong. Most of the people I met and worked with and around were very nice. ALL WERE TERRIBLY SMART!

More than a few (management) seemed to look down their noses at me because I didn't have multiple PhD degrees. It was as if my 44 years of Computing experience was of no value.

I was constantly musing to myself the things that parents tell – more... their kids. "Don't run in the house!" "Pick up your room!" "Inside voices!"

I was almost run down by someone RUNNING down the stairs. They whipped around the corner and there I was.

I did EXCELLENT WORK at Google and asked frequently for rate increases. ALL were declined.

Most of my friends were working in the kitchen (contractors).

There are three classes of "Citizens" at Google. #1 - employees, #2 - interns, #3 - everyone else.

Employees were ALLOWED to bring their dogs to work... so one would walk the hallways and be confronted by a barking/growling dog! – less
Amazing work environment
Candidate Host(Contract) (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 17, 2013
Google is an amazing place to work with quiet work areas , great cafes and great ways to relax and decompress.
Creative, innovative, fun and comfortable place to work
Partner Development Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, awesome benefits, lots of micro kitchens, comfortable work place
Cons: non-competitive salaries, long hours
Google has been the best working experience I've had by far. Every day I'm surrounded by motivated, intelligent and fun-loving people who together create a momentous atmosphere of goal-driven innovation, and creativity. During my time here, I've learned many new skills which helped drive our business in a variety of ways. It's definitely not a 9-5 job, – more... and there are quarterly crunches to tackle in an ever-changing industry which are some of the hardest parts of the job. However what I've enjoyed most is the opportunity to work with such incredibly smart, hard working and collaborative people, as well as the ability to gain skill sets in areas both relevant to my job, and beyond. – less
Leader of Corporate Dining
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 7, 2013
Making awesome food for awesome people!!! What else can you say, working at Google is everyone's dream job and working in the kitchens is no exception.
Fun place to work at
Account Strategist, Reseller Sales and Operations (Former Employee), APACOctober 3, 2013
- Best management team
- very friendly environment
- comfortable work place
Interesting experience
Store Operator (Former Employee), San Francisco and Mountain View, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: pay, perks overall atmosphere.
Cons: long hours at times. directions often unclear and may change on a whim.
Company has great, perhaps the best perks you'll find anywhere. Pay is good, even for the non glamorous jobs. Makes sure that you have all the resources you need to get your job done. Can be a bit chaotic at times with a tendency to "start from Z and go to A".
Ads Quality Rater
Ads Quality Rater (Former Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility, work from home
Cons: no contact with co-workers
It was great working for them. I worked from home and my hours were flexible.

While I didn't have a specific supervisor, my questions were always answered in a timely manner.
Fast paced dynamic company.
Intern Program Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: lot's of perks (even for contractors)
Great company if you can get a full time position. I have enjoyed working here. They do a good job of motivating their employees.
awsome
Cartographer/Photographer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: great hours, employee friendly
Cons: temporary position
Google was a great employer! my only regret is that it was a contract job that ended!
Fun and interesting place to work
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Bothell, WASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch/snacks/drinks, flexible start/end time, great computers
Cons: poor management, constantly changing priorities
A typical day at my current position at Google starts by logging into my computer, checking email for updates or any other necessary information, and checking the Calendar for any meetings. Then moving data around using the proprietary software that they have made for us to provide data to engineers in Mountain View occupies the rest of the day. The – more... coworkers and culture is the best thing about working here. The relationships you make, and the people you meet make coming to work an enjoyable experience. The management and the directions the project veers according to their leadership is the most difficult thing about working here. – less
clubs i have fun raised for!
singer, dancer, promoter (Former Employee), google resume per request clubs and affiliationsSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: exsposure!
Cons: income larger!
the atmospher was very mix cultured, as of the people that i would encounter if i were to get hired for the opening position!
Open Source, Summer Of Code
Student Developer (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaSeptember 22, 2013
I was part of the Google Summer of Code 2012.

The hardest and the most enjoyable part of working in GSoC is to solve previously unsolved problems through innovative programming logic and design patterns.
Google
Student Consultant (Former Employee), Zürich, ZHSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: support, name recognition, strong feedback
Cons: unpaid, vague
as a student consultant, Google provided me with the necessary resources to conduct my necessary research. Their interaction reflected their attitude. They did not want to influence our strategy by sharing too many examples from their own perspective and they did not want to create a 'closed box' for us to work within. They were happy to let us go in – more... which ever direction our research took us, supplying us with feedback as needed. – less
Candidate Review Associate, 20% Marketing (Current Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 18, 2013
Surrounded by the smartest and the best. An awesome place to be in the tech world, always encouraged to ask why and invent the future of tech.
Amazing culture to experience and grow in!
Candidate Review Associate (Current Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2013
Working at Google is a true pleasure and a new opportunity to learn something each day. Truly an amazing company to work for.
Google [x] is a great place to work
HEAD OF PROJECT GLASS OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 14, 2013
Google [x] is a great place to work. Projects are amazing and the team and resources are top of the field.
Competition among world teams
Google Adwords (Former Employee), indiaSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: getting links with new people.
Cons: short breaks
3 weeks project.
google sponsored $250 for advertisement through online.
cool
consolidators technition (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
awesome place fun enviroment good money never a dull moment, but very cold

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more