Google

Google Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Benefits
Campaign Analyst (Current Employee), Celebration, FLNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Great benefits at Google. Hard to stand out due to large amount employees. The culture is very diverse. Lots of incredibly smart people to learn from.
Productive and fun.
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), DublinNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: contract
Enjoyed working here. was fun, focused, and interactive atmospere. Target driven.
otima para se trabalhar
estágiaria (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJNovember 17, 2013
Pros: refeição na empresa
Cons: não fornece vale-refeição
O google é uma otimo empresa para se trabalhar
otimos serviços e tudo mais .. adorei!
Routine, nothing intresting
Executive (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 11, 2013
Pros: free food everyday (breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner)
Cons: night shifts
Job was good, but the management was not that great. Work culture is awesome but work timings were bad. Colleagues were good, I've learnt about the corporate life.
Productive working in a team.
Database Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WANovember 7, 2013
Instrumental role in database development and optimization for the Google Maps application. Analyzed the application to identify and resolve issues. Drove initiatives to improve direction routing functionality and quality in alignment with Google’s high standards for quality control. Collaborated with team members to document application improvements – more... and track project progress. Reviewed individual and peer efforts for compliance with quality standards – less
Productive and fun at work place
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), HyderabadNovember 6, 2013
Pros: food and transport facility
Cons: work experience used in only few related companies. shifts, no job security, work pressure will be high
It is a kind of Motherly organization provides all the things required by an employee like Food and Transport facility and fun in festive seasons.

But work experience is used in very few companies. There will be no job security. Work pressure will be very high.
Enjoyable with ping pong table
Google (Former Employee), Bedford, MANovember 4, 2013
Pros: pleasent atmosphere
Cons: short term temporary employment
Hands on motivated with quota objective met. Interaction with minorities enjoyable and a learning experience.
Great Job.
Street view/City Block Driver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2013
A fine time working with professional equipment and teamembers.
Best Place Ever
Culinary Extern (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 26, 2013
To put extremely simply, there's no point working anywhere else this is the greatest company to work for.
Fun Place, Great Benefits, Watch out for shady managers
Internal Mobility Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free food and drinks all day, tgif drinking fridays
Google lives to the hype in everything but transparency. The food is excellent and free, its fun, but your managers will not tell you if you need to move or if your not performing well. You can lose your job quickly if you aren't aware of what they think about you.
Working at Google is like trying to do your homework in a frat house living room.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: very relaxed environment.
Cons: the google attitude that non phd people were worthless.
Don't get me wrong. Most of the people I met and worked with and around were very nice. ALL WERE TERRIBLY SMART!

More than a few (management) seemed to look down their noses at me because I didn't have multiple PhD degrees. It was as if my 44 years of Computing experience was of no value.

I was constantly musing to myself the things that parents tell – more... their kids. "Don't run in the house!" "Pick up your room!" "Inside voices!"

I was almost run down by someone RUNNING down the stairs. They whipped around the corner and there I was.

I did EXCELLENT WORK at Google and asked frequently for rate increases. ALL were declined.

Most of my friends were working in the kitchen (contractors).

There are three classes of "Citizens" at Google. #1 - employees, #2 - interns, #3 - everyone else.

Employees were ALLOWED to bring their dogs to work... so one would walk the hallways and be confronted by a barking/growling dog! – less
Amazing work environment
Candidate Host(Contract) (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 17, 2013
Google is an amazing place to work with quiet work areas , great cafes and great ways to relax and decompress.
Creative, innovative, fun and comfortable place to work
Partner Development Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, awesome benefits, lots of micro kitchens, comfortable work place
Cons: non-competitive salaries, long hours
Google has been the best working experience I've had by far. Every day I'm surrounded by motivated, intelligent and fun-loving people who together create a momentous atmosphere of goal-driven innovation, and creativity. During my time here, I've learned many new skills which helped drive our business in a variety of ways. It's definitely not a 9-5 job, – more... and there are quarterly crunches to tackle in an ever-changing industry which are some of the hardest parts of the job. However what I've enjoyed most is the opportunity to work with such incredibly smart, hard working and collaborative people, as well as the ability to gain skill sets in areas both relevant to my job, and beyond. – less
Leader of Corporate Dining
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 7, 2013
Making awesome food for awesome people!!! What else can you say, working at Google is everyone's dream job and working in the kitchens is no exception.
Fun place to work at
Account Strategist, Reseller Sales and Operations (Former Employee), APACOctober 3, 2013
- Best management team
- very friendly environment
- comfortable work place
Interesting experience
Store Operator (Former Employee), San Francisco and Mountain View, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: pay, perks overall atmosphere.
Cons: long hours at times. directions often unclear and may change on a whim.
Company has great, perhaps the best perks you'll find anywhere. Pay is good, even for the non glamorous jobs. Makes sure that you have all the resources you need to get your job done. Can be a bit chaotic at times with a tendency to "start from Z and go to A".
Ads Quality Rater
Ads Quality Rater (Former Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility, work from home
Cons: no contact with co-workers
It was great working for them. I worked from home and my hours were flexible.

While I didn't have a specific supervisor, my questions were always answered in a timely manner.
Fast paced dynamic company.
Intern Program Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: lot's of perks (even for contractors)
Great company if you can get a full time position. I have enjoyed working here. They do a good job of motivating their employees.
awsome
Cartographer/Photographer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: great hours, employee friendly
Cons: temporary position
Google was a great employer! my only regret is that it was a contract job that ended!
Fun and interesting place to work
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Bothell, WASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch/snacks/drinks, flexible start/end time, great computers
Cons: poor management, constantly changing priorities
A typical day at my current position at Google starts by logging into my computer, checking email for updates or any other necessary information, and checking the Calendar for any meetings. Then moving data around using the proprietary software that they have made for us to provide data to engineers in Mountain View occupies the rest of the day. The – more... coworkers and culture is the best thing about working here. The relationships you make, and the people you meet make coming to work an enjoyable experience. The management and the directions the project veers according to their leadership is the most difficult thing about working here. – less

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more