Google

Google Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun at work place
GIS Representative/Mapping Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free food, free transport, fun at work
Cons: less take homesalary
Google is a wonderful organization where we have fun at work place. Where we can learn how to manage our work.
Great co-workers
Technical support (Former Employee), tempe azMarch 11, 2014
Pros: nice customers that made my day when i was able to resolve their issue, great co-workers, pot lucks, random drawings for ipads, ipods, iphones, good benefits.
Cons: micro management
Inbound technical calls regarding customer's Google account. Anything from e-mail, their pin marker not showing on Google maps, 2 or more pin markers showing on maps. FAQ's on how to get higher in the rankings when people search for services. I would also respond via cases which are in an e-mail form if there were no calls coming in.

I learned how – more... to increase your rankings for your business when people search in Google. I learned there are some people who try to "take over" rival business owner's location on maps so they don't show up during searches. I learned new ways to serve customers in a "Googly" fashion, which was awesome.

Most managers were very very helpful. There were a few that had a short fuse to put it lightly.

Co-workers were awesome.

Hardest part was dealing with a rare upset customer. I always calmed them down and let them know we will get this issue resolved and they are in good hands.

Nice customers that made my day when I was able to resolve their issue, great co-workers, pot lucks, random drawings for ipads, ipods, iphones, good benefits. – less
Best company I've ever worked for
Partner Operations Associate (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 11, 2014
Great place to work. I'd recommend it to anyone, particularly those to wish to have a good balance in their life.
One of the best places to work in
Account Strategist (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 11, 2014
Pros: one of the best places to work in.
Cons: commute to high tech city every day takes up 2 to 3 hours.
Great place to work. Excellent work life balance. Great benefits and HR team.
Challenging and Productive!
Advertiser (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: creative freedom, freelance
Cons: long phone conversations
Specialists within my agency work together alongside the client to identify the client's goals (i.e. drive sales for a new product line), and identify a "target audience" to which the advertisements will be directed. I work creatively, design advertisements that will persuade the target audience to become aware of this new product line and begin purchasing – more... the products. – less
All Good
Assembler Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 8, 2014
Good Company to work. Learn very much new things,team work and excellence management.
Technical non technical i learned a lot in this company.
process associate (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 8, 2014
Pros: giving more importance to professional life.
Cons: extending my work-hours for business support any time.
Attending to branch queries and follow up for resolution as may be required, Suggested where necessary, to enhance the operational processes and increase efficiency of the unit.
How to good in time management, Accurate processing with good quality results, Achieving quality results which leads appreciation from clients.
Friendly atmosphere getting supporting – more... or vice- versa from relevant teams
Nil
Work with integrity which is my core competency to lead accuracy processing, analyzing work in different way for speed work, intersected to take challenging day to day work. – less
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE WITH WORK PLAY ENVIRONMENT
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: lots of free perks
Cons: long drive . lots of traffic
TYPICAL DAY- VERY PACKED FILLED SCHEDULE, 5 HOURS OF MASSAGE. ADMIN WORK VIA GOOGLE CHROME.
SOMETHING INTERESTING : THE DIVERISTY OF PEOPLE
AWESOME COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!
Google Chrome Specialist (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2014
Everything you hear is true. Great company, great pay, and great environment.
Productive and Fun working environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 3, 2014
This was a contract position that was offered to me. The work tedious and unrewarding. The perks as what really got me to stay as long as I did.
Good overall culture
District Operations Manager (Former Employee), Venice, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free food, great pay
Cons: no breaks, horrible work-life balance
The Google campus itself is amazing! All amenities are free of charge and the facilities are very well maintained. Management could use some brush up on interpersonal skills and how to effectively manage a team- and moreover, take the time to manage and develop a team.
Productive, extremely learning oriented environment
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Google India- GurgaonMarch 2, 2014
Pros: awesome perks, amazing environment, free stuff!!
Cons: politics play well.
There is nothing you can not learn after working for google. The training programs are just magnificent, the work environment is not care free, but not too stressful too. Everybody mostly knows everybody, there is no sir/mam culture. There are a lot of opportunities for growth. The compensation and perks are amazingly great. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is the work I did, research, used google for googling. Everyday at work I learned something new, on the intranet, the technical part, or new research methodologies. – less
Play hard and Work harder
Diversity Technical Infrastructure Sourcer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: 27 different free restaurants, free buses (contractors pay $1.50 each way), the list goes on
Cons: they are more corporate than they claim and the work is very hard
I loved working for Google and my job; however, if you are a contractor you definitely get the lower end of the stick. The culture is none like no other on the outside - work from home, flexible schedules, food galore, games, gym, etc. However, management is very corporate and they still play the favoritism games, etc. It is very easy for someone to – more... get caught up with the physical culture and the benefits of working for Google and overlook the fact that they are still strongly corporate behind closed doors. They do not train you at all so if you work for Google you already know what you are doing and you should be able to sit down and get to work. – less
Fun, Creative and Challenging Work Place!
Specialist, North West England (Current Employee), Greater ManchesterFebruary 27, 2014
A typical working day as a Google Specialist involved interactions with customers and PC World staff members. It can range from a very serious conversation about Google's products with a tech savvy customers to a very simple and amusing conversation with an elderly customer who knows nothing about technology. Either way you go away knowing you gave – more... out alot of good knowledge to the customer who will be grateful for your help. – less
High pace work environment
Enterprise Sales - LATAM Market (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 24, 2014
At Google you can expect to play hard as well as work hard! My days are spent speaking to clients on the phone and following up with them on later days.
Challenging, fun and rewarding
Indpendent Contractor (Current Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 24, 2014
Working with local business in N. Vermont and Google. Working to establish, repair and/or extend local businesses online presence in Google search results.

Requires customer service skills and technical ability.
APAC Talent Sourcer (Contract) (Current Employee), Raffles PlaceFebruary 24, 2014
Google is a great place to work and learn, interesting and challending things to do here. Good environment and nice people, amazing culture of helping each other.
Not good for start
Software QA engineer at ChromeOS team (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Who is working at Google? Only some peoples... Other are drinking beer or exercising or meeting or just relaxing on the soft chairs...
Fun Experience
Scanner Operator/ Shipping & Receiving clerk (Former Employee), Mountainview, CaFebruary 20, 2014
Scanned books
ship and receive books
provided lunch and beverages
Recruiter (contract) (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and lunch
Cons: hard to go perm as a contractor
You learn a lot and the people are great. They give you everything you need to be successful.

About Google

Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something – Read more