Google Employee Reviews

Productive and Awesome place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
Everything is great from the people to the culture. Helping customers and facing cool challenges was a daily occurrence. Would recommend the job to anyone who likes customer service.
Very good company
Co-op Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA25 May 2017
Great work life balance, free food and lots of benefits.

Very good working environment and full of challenge. One can learn the state of art technologies.
Great Company
Street View Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 May 2017
Perfect Culture lots of fun and very technical, love the perks. The daily flow of work is fair and the pay is great. If you like new things this company is for you,
great place to work
Senior Online Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 May 2017
the management is great, the culture is awesome and the people are young and motivated who also share their best practices
only con is the $. I've talked to others who sell adwords for a living and they make much more
Pros
managment, people, culture
Cons
money
Example of fun at work
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh9 April 2017
Working with Google gave me an opportunity to work with multiple clients and see the business side of things. The employees are valued and the management knows the front face of the company are crucial and benefits are provided to keep them happy
Pros
free lunches, snacks, games
Lots of politics
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA28 February 2017
The work culture has changed so that there is a lot of politics, management is unwilling to step in and resolve issues, so engineers are left with the burden.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unfulfilling work
Productive company
Telecommunications support analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
A typical day at work in the company is fast paced. There are always different things to do like installing new phones or fixing them, client support.
great company
Member Corporate IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
A great company to work for. Excellenent people and wonder ful work environment. Good learning environment. Learnt great skillsets
work culture
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Google are talented, skilled and caring people with a passion for our province and our company. We grow and develop as people in a work environment that treats us great.
Great company
Member Corporate IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Great company to work for. Amazaing people. Lots of things learnt here. a great startup company, Good technology to work around. Nice company
Its fun to work with Google
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Malaysia4 August 2016
Unlike other companies, you start your day at google with great energy and happy faces

Apart from team management and latest soft/hard skills, I learnt how to compile data/info in minimum time to be presented in real time.

Management style is way different then other companies but goals/objectives should be realistic in order to be meet.

Diversified culture, people from all over the world, speaking different languages, having colorful food, exchanging unheard thoughts - this is how the co-workers live on the floor.

The hardest part has been pushing teams to reach the target despite of outages/limited resources

Google has been always in front when it come to celebrate any event. Living in a country of multiple races, I had a great opportunity to learn new cultures and enjoy every moment of it
Pros
Free Lunch, drinks(non alcoholic), Coffee, snakes. Enjoyable work environment, beautiful play area with awesome people around
Cons
Short deadlines, too much of data, change in the policy & process, less opportunity to grow
Product Specialist, Training for Google Apps (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2016
This is a great place. Wonderful people and wonderful environment with room to grow. Join if you can.

Management is willing to work with you to develop and do not micromanage.

Opportunity to join different projects.
Its something you should look into
Marketing partner (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2016
I like working with them, they let you make your own hours and if you work hard enough you will be able to make big cash. anyone can work with them as long as you work as hard as you can and have a creative mind.
Pros
your own hours
Cons
no stable salary
Environnement agréable mais en constant changement
Commis libraire (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC13 January 2016
Je ne serais pas demeurée plus de 7 ans si je n'appréciais pas le travail. L'environnement a toujours été agréable et chaleureux. le rapport avec les clients respectueux et intime, sans la pression de performer pour vendre un produit à n'importe quel prix. Bien souvent je passe plusieurs dizaines de minutes avec un seul client, l,aidant à faire un choix, lui racontant mes coups de cœur littéraire. La vente se fait par intérêt du livre et non pour forcer une vente! J'aime l'idée de contribuer également au succès d'un auteur anonyme qui n'est pas populaire auprès des médias sociaux.
J'ai appris beaucoup sur moi comme pour chaque emploi occupé. J'aime relever des défis dans l'exercice de mes fonctions mais les postes de gestion ne sont pas faits pour moi.
Mes collègues ont fréquemment changé avec les années et à part ma supérieure immédiate (très compétente), le roulement de personnel a modifié intégralement l'équipe. Y compris les directeurs qui se sont succéder à la suite de changements intenses et déroutants, un peu trop fréquents.
Pros
Droit d'emprunt, rabais sur les produits achetés
Cons
une demie heure dans un quart de 9h de travail et non payé
Very fun project to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain view, CA1 January 2016
Google is definitely one of the best companies to work for. As an software Tools and Infrastructure Intern at Google, I got the opportunity to work on a very fun and isolated project.
Fun, Adventurous, and Challenging
Adecco employee (Former Employee) –  Canada and US16 June 2015
- Every day was different and this is mainly why I took the job. I traveled across Canada twice, traveled to Nunavut and saw the most spectacular National and Provincial Parks all over Canada.

- Management had little to no oversight and let me do my job without much intervention or direction which was sometimes difficult when they asked me to complete a task I was unfamiliar with.

- There was no one else from Adecco or Google working with me as I traveled across the country; though I could call them when needed so was not 100% independent. I communicated with a representative from Google on a daily basis to report my progress.

- The most difficult part of the job was driving long distances after a strenuous day of hiking with heavy equipment on my back.

- The scenery and some of the individuals from Parks Canada were definitely the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Extensive travel
Cons
Long or unreliable hours
Working at Google was the best experience. It was work and fun at the same time. Never got tired of my work. Quiet satisfied.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP27 May 2015
Working with google was good experience. My job dealt with google maps.As I was working for Point of interests, I had lot to do with the research work. I learnt so many things while working with google. The stress level was comparatively low, as there use to be fun activities for the employees. Apart from working in my team I also use to be a member of fun club and emergency team. The hardest part of the job was to finish your targets, which I believe every job has. The best part was the job timings and least stressful.
Pros
Free lunch & transport.
Cons
not permanent.
Not as review
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2015
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Great place
Mobile QA Lead - QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
Genius people work at Google,Canada's best engineers can be found here. lot to learn. facilities are amazing, very innovative, and flexible
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
nothing
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 March 2015
Worked with some of the smartest and nicest people I've ever met.

Learned Python on the job, great food to eat, management was very receptive. Nothing bad to say about Google.
Pros
Free lunched, great pay
Cons
None!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3