Google Employee Reviews

Example of fun at work
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh9 April 2017
Working with Google gave me an opportunity to work with multiple clients and see the business side of things. The employees are valued and the management knows the front face of the company are crucial and benefits are provided to keep them happy
Pros
free lunches, snacks, games
Lots of politics
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA28 February 2017
The work culture has changed so that there is a lot of politics, management is unwilling to step in and resolve issues, so engineers are left with the burden.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unfulfilling work
Productive company
Telecommunications support analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
A typical day at work in the company is fast paced. There are always different things to do like installing new phones or fixing them, client support.
work culture
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Google are talented, skilled and caring people with a passion for our province and our company. We grow and develop as people in a work environment that treats us great.
Its fun to work with Google
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Malaysia4 August 2016
Unlike other companies, you start your day at google with great energy and happy faces

Apart from team management and latest soft/hard skills, I learnt how to compile data/info in minimum time to be presented in real time.

Management style is way different then other companies but goals/objectives should be realistic in order to be meet.

Diversified culture, people from all over the world, speaking different languages, having colorful food, exchanging unheard thoughts - this is how the co-workers live on the floor.

The hardest part has been pushing teams to reach the target despite of outages/limited resources

Google has been always in front when it come to celebrate any event. Living in a country of multiple races, I had a great opportunity to learn new cultures and enjoy every moment of it
Pros
Free Lunch, drinks(non alcoholic), Coffee, snakes. Enjoyable work environment, beautiful play area with awesome people around
Cons
Short deadlines, too much of data, change in the policy & process, less opportunity to grow
Product Specialist, Training for Google Apps (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2016
This is a great place. Wonderful people and wonderful environment with room to grow. Join if you can.

Management is willing to work with you to develop and do not micromanage.

Opportunity to join different projects.
Its something you should look into
Marketing partner (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2016
I like working with them, they let you make your own hours and if you work hard enough you will be able to make big cash. anyone can work with them as long as you work as hard as you can and have a creative mind.
Pros
your own hours
Cons
no stable salary
Very fun project to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain view, CA1 January 2016
Google is definitely one of the best companies to work for. As an software Tools and Infrastructure Intern at Google, I got the opportunity to work on a very fun and isolated project.
Fun, Adventurous, and Challenging
Adecco employee (Former Employee) –  Canada and US16 June 2015
- Every day was different and this is mainly why I took the job. I traveled across Canada twice, traveled to Nunavut and saw the most spectacular National and Provincial Parks all over Canada.

- Management had little to no oversight and let me do my job without much intervention or direction which was sometimes difficult when they asked me to complete a task I was unfamiliar with.

- There was no one else from Adecco or Google working with me as I traveled across the country; though I could call them when needed so was not 100% independent. I communicated with a representative from Google on a daily basis to report my progress.

- The most difficult part of the job was driving long distances after a strenuous day of hiking with heavy equipment on my back.

- The scenery and some of the individuals from Parks Canada were definitely the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Extensive travel
Cons
Long or unreliable hours
Working at Google was the best experience. It was work and fun at the same time. Never got tired of my work. Quiet satisfied.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP27 May 2015
Working with google was good experience. My job dealt with google maps.As I was working for Point of interests, I had lot to do with the research work. I learnt so many things while working with google. The stress level was comparatively low, as there use to be fun activities for the employees. Apart from working in my team I also use to be a member of fun club and emergency team. The hardest part of the job was to finish your targets, which I believe every job has. The best part was the job timings and least stressful.
Pros
Free lunch & transport.
Cons
not permanent.
Not as review
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2015
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Great place
Mobile QA Lead - QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
Genius people work at Google,Canada's best engineers can be found here. lot to learn. facilities are amazing, very innovative, and flexible
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
nothing
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 March 2015
Worked with some of the smartest and nicest people I've ever met.

Learned Python on the job, great food to eat, management was very receptive. Nothing bad to say about Google.
Pros
Free lunched, great pay
Cons
None!
Few perks but nothing special
Trilingual Business Help Desk Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC17 February 2015
Completely different from the movie, perks are exciting at first but it is it. Poor management and very strict with do and don't do
Very innovative. One of the best companies to work for.
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2015
-Good exposure. You get to work with some of the best companies in the world as Google's clients and huge organizations.
-A typical day starts with checking emails and following up with clients and internal team meetings.
-I learned consultative selling techniques and complex sales to large multi-national organizations
-Amazing co-workers. Very cooperative. Company culture is amazing
- Working for google has its perks but its not a bowl of cherries. You have to work very hard, long hours, travel and probably the hardest part would be keeping up with emails.
- Great relationships with coworkers and clients
Pros
Good brand name
Cons
Slow Growth Potential
Government Organiztion
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bahrain29 June 2014
it is a Hub for advanced technologies.
Cooperative and understanding management
Wonderful experience
Geographical Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP30 October 2013
I would say its one of the best company in the world. no pressure, no worries and you can work as you want.
Pros
free foods, free pickup and drop off
Cons
you can become lazy
Great company in general
Google Internet Page Quality Assessor (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 May 2013
-Review the up-to-date guidelines everyday
-Rate the quality of webpage through by toggle between strict guideline and personal culture judgment
Pros
Flexible hours, extending your analytical skills
Cons
require a chinese culture background and requires the self improving employees
Technical Support Mississauga Ontario
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2013
Customer service/call centre mainly tech support. it was great learning about the different apps coming out to the market.
Good fun
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 December 2012
Worked on opensource project. Lots of fun. Good money. I worked from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3