Google Employee Reviews in Canada

Product Specialist, Training for Google Apps (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2016
This is a great place. Wonderful people and wonderful environment with room to grow. Join if you can.

Management is willing to work with you to develop and do not micromanage.

Opportunity to join different projects.
Its something you should look into
Marketing partner (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 10, 2016
I like working with them, they let you make your own hours and if you work hard enough you will be able to make big cash. anyone can work with them as long as you work as hard as you can and have a creative mind.
Pros
your own hours
Cons
no stable salary
Very fun project to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain view, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Google is definitely one of the best companies to work for. As an software Tools and Infrastructure Intern at Google, I got the opportunity to work on a very fun and isolated project.
Fun, Adventurous, and Challenging
Adecco employee (Former Employee) –  Canada and USJune 16, 2015
- Every day was different and this is mainly why I took the job. I traveled across Canada twice, traveled to Nunavut and saw the most spectacular National and Provincial Parks all over Canada.

- Management had little to no oversight and let me do my job without much intervention or direction which was sometimes difficult when they asked me to complete a task I was unfamiliar with.

- There was no one else from Adecco or Google working with me as I traveled across the country; though I could call them when needed so was not 100% independent. I communicated with a representative from Google on a daily basis to report my progress.

- The most difficult part of the job was driving long distances after a strenuous day of hiking with heavy equipment on my back.

- The scenery and some of the individuals from Parks Canada were definitely the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Extensive travel
Cons
Long or unreliable hours
Very innovative. One of the best companies to work for.
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2015
-Good exposure. You get to work with some of the best companies in the world as Google's clients and huge organizations.
-A typical day starts with checking emails and following up with clients and internal team meetings.
-I learned consultative selling techniques and complex sales to large multi-national organizations
-Amazing co-workers. Very cooperative. Company culture is amazing
- Working for google has its perks but its not a bowl of cherries. You have to work very hard, long hours, travel and probably the hardest part would be keeping up with emails.
- Great relationships with coworkers and clients
Pros
good brand name
Cons
slow growth potential
Not as review
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2015
Worked with some of the smartest and nicest people I've ever met.

Learned Python on the job, great food to eat, management was very receptive. Nothing bad to say about Google.
Pros
Free lunched, great pay
Cons
None!
Piping Designer/ Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaApril 23, 2012
A highly motivated and results and detailed - oriented professional with 14 years of experience specializing in the Oil and Gas, Industrial, Construction and Residential Industries. Communicate effectively with co-workers. Well versed in Project Design and Drafting, Material Purchasing, Management, Supervision and Assembly.
Few perks but nothing special
Trilingual Business Help Desk Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 17, 2015
Completely different from the movie, perks are exciting at first but it is it. Poor management and very strict with do and don't do
Great place
Mobile QA Lead - QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Genius people work at Google,Canada's best engineers can be found here. lot to learn. facilities are amazing, very innovative, and flexible
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
nothing
Great company in general
Google Internet Page Quality Assessor (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 28, 2013
-Review the up-to-date guidelines everyday
-Rate the quality of webpage through by toggle between strict guideline and personal culture judgment
Pros
flexible hours, extending your analytical skills
Cons
require a chinese culture background and requires the self improving employees
educational, flexible and challenging
Google map driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 30, 2012
This was an excellent learnign experience and challenged me with technical responsibilities as well as mapping skills. Enjoyed working for the company and enjoyed my job task as I am now a very skilled experienced driver with lots of knowledge in the Cape Breton area.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
not permanent
Government Organiztion
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  BahrainJune 29, 2014
it is a Hub for advanced technologies.
Cooperative and understanding management
Good fun
Programmer (Former Employee) –  VancouverDecember 30, 2012
Worked on opensource project. Lots of fun. Good money. I worked from home.
Fast Pace
Google Map Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSAugust 10, 2012
Very fast pace environment with lots of experienced gained in the department of net working communications, and research.
Pros
use company vehicle
Cons
contract work
Technical Support Mississauga Ontario
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2013
Customer service/call centre mainly tech support. it was great learning about the different apps coming out to the market.
Environnement agréable mais en constant changement
Commis libraire (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJanuary 13, 2016
Je ne serais pas demeurée plus de 7 ans si je n'appréciais pas le travail. L'environnement a toujours été agréable et chaleureux. le rapport avec les clients respectueux et intime, sans la pression de performer pour vendre un produit à n'importe quel prix. Bien souvent je passe plusieurs dizaines de minutes avec un seul client, l,aidant à faire un choix, lui racontant mes coups de cœur littéraire. La vente se fait par intérêt du livre et non pour forcer une vente! J'aime l'idée de contribuer également au succès d'un auteur anonyme qui n'est pas populaire auprès des médias sociaux.
J'ai appris beaucoup sur moi comme pour chaque emploi occupé. J'aime relever des défis dans l'exercice de mes fonctions mais les postes de gestion ne sont pas faits pour moi.
Mes collègues ont fréquemment changé avec les années et à part ma supérieure immédiate (très compétente), le roulement de personnel a modifié intégralement l'équipe. Y compris les directeurs qui se sont succéder à la suite de changements intenses et déroutants, un peu trop fréquents.
Pros
Droit d'emprunt, rabais sur les produits achetés
Cons
une demie heure dans un quart de 9h de travail et non payé