Google Employee Review

Great office geared toward young individuals
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 December 2013
The culture is great for those who are young and without families. However, as you get older, work/life balance becomes increasingly important and doesn't exist here. Google treats employees very well. Since there's little room for advancement in the company, the culture is very competitive and it's not unheard of having colleagues throw you under the bus to get a one-up on promotions.
Pros
Perks, food, bonuses, gifts, flexible work schedules
Cons
Limited work/life balance, expected to work on paid holidays, little advancement opportunities, very competitive culture

Other Google Employee Reviews

Great
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2018
Great place to work. Great team leads,
Trips to Montreal are great free food drinks activities and much more. The longer hours definitely pay off and also a great salary
My experience working at a contractor at Google HQ
UX Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA23 December 2017
I had a short but eventful work experience at Google. It was the best break I could have ever asked for my first job in the United States. There are undoubtedly very talented, hardworking and bright people at Google, but I have also seen people have an attitude to be open to learning. An average Googler is very modest and approachable, and that's what I love about the culture there. A contract opportunity can be stressful work wise but there is a lot to learn about managing time and getting your best foot forward. Although I didn't land a full time role at the end of my contract, it helped me gain momentum and visibility professionally and landed me many full-time job offers at reputed organizations.
The Google experience on your resume just looks great!
Pros
Free food, informal work space
Cons
Very difficult to get a full time position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3