Goodyear

Goodyear Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's fine for a factory!! I had fun.
Extruder Operator (retired) (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: great people, always learning
Cons: night shifts and short turnaround times!!
Night shifts are hard on the body!!! :) After nearly thirty years (counting Alcan) my body just didn't like it anymore!
dirty
Mechanic (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: the place closed down
repair equipment,berings,no comunication they closed the door and locked us out, enjoyed the chalange
very productive workplace and great one on one
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: lunch room cafe
Cons: so many people
very demanding work. great fellow employees. i learned some computer work and shipping/receiving paper work experience. hardest part of the job was to complete all orders on time and work duration.
Nothing good to say, say nothing
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONOctober 21, 2013
Cons: management
My review summary sums up this business, I however stand behind the product, not this particular distributor.
Very good company, pays really well. People are kind, professional and helpful.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK / FINANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Dubai, UAESeptember 27, 2013
Pros: every thursday we used to have free fruits or lunch celebration for all
Cons: i cant find any cons
At work we have a really nice environment, people are warm and friendly, we really had a lot of good times. We all eat lunch in one place. When times of work people still get time to say hi and greet each other although on a very busy day.
In this Company (Goodyear) I really have learned a lot, not only work related, professional but also for my personality – more... development.
My co- workers are really nice, especially in our department, each other are supportive and helpful at each other, we really have the spirit of teamwork.
my job as whole has upside & down. Hardest part could be vendors chasing payment while having issues with invoices, I really have to explain to them the cause of delay while sometimes it is an internal issues.
Enjoyable part is when I give the best service not only to the external vendor but within my co-workers/associates as well. And you know that your hard work is being appreciated. – less
Awesome place for people who love fast-paced hands on work.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Trenton, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: lots of experience.
Cons: can be very physically demanding.
Goodyear like most shops, is a great place for those who enjoy fixing things and working with automotive vehicles. There's usually no shortage of work.
Wonderful company
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPSeptember 13, 2013
Goodyear was a dream's company. It was a place where a learned the most I know today and I could make friends and have time to do my studies at the same time.
It's a very organized and well managed company and I don't see a hard part of working there.
ok to get in at a entry level.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 23, 2013
Pros: free coffee and tea machines.
- learnt about tire manufacturing and its process. Also, the warehousing, storing, distribution.
fun place as a starter/helper
Jr. Tire and Lube mechanic (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 18, 2012
Pros: good work experience
Cons: bad hours, jong days, hot summers
typical day at work i would put on summer tires, would also do oil changes and tire rotations, i learned how to balance tires properly and affectively, only had 2 managers and it took verry long to hear back, co-workers were friendly, always willing to help out.
the hardest part of the day would be to load 400 brand new tires from a semi truck into – more... the upstair stock room, the most enjoyable part of the job is to see a happy customer drive away with a nice car wash and a frindly smile – less
friendly co-workers
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONMay 8, 2012
help the purchasing manager on a daily bases with various assignments - from calling vendors to setting up spreadsheets and faxing out PO's
sorting tires is that exciting
Sorter (Former Employee), Fayetteville,NCJuly 9, 2014
Sorted tires, made sure all conveyor lines were running properly at all times
Great Pay!!!!
Cure Tech II / Inspector (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 8, 2014
Goodyear makes sure its employees are well compensated for there time at work. It is near impossible to balance a healthy home life and sleep schedule. They in factory care is very biased in the direction of the company. They try to treat you like a fraud every time you get hert.
Great learning experience
Tire Inspector (Former Employee), Union City, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits
Cons: the union.
I learned to inspect to trim tires. I helped train new inspectors.
able to get bigger muscle from loading tires
loader (Former Employee), unioncity,tennesseeJune 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: not enough time to do more
a typical work day at my job is very busy non-stop moving
I learn how to load in small spaces
my co-woker have good competeing skills
hardest part is loading the truck with tires
the best time getting a pay check from a long week work
Expanded my knowledge
Lead Auto Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2014
Was able to learn a lot from older employees and the head technicians
Heavy industrial setting.
Journeyman Industrial Pipefitter (Former Employee), Danville, VirginiaJune 25, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: a dangerous work environment.
A good company to work for with great benifits and great place to develope a good work ethic.
Dirty Place Long Hours
Banbury Extra Associate (Former Employee), Danville, VAJune 24, 2014
The money is extremely good. However, there is a lot of work place drama. Not much teamwork in some departments. The hours are very long depending on shift and department. This is a rubber plant so do not expect to leave clean if you don't shower first. The benefits are amazing and it is a union job. The work is very hard but the pay makes up for that.
Fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXJune 20, 2014
Good place to work if you want to advance in the automotive industry
Expierence
Master Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Coram, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: safety
Cons: low pay
The company focuses a lot of safety compared to other shops. Equipment such as lifts are well maintained. Technician compensation is based on flag therefore it is not easy to make money! Stay in school!
Who hires management
Office manager (Former Employee), Baton RougeJune 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management..what a joke
I advised the manager that I was attending summer classes, he agreed as if everything was fine. I went to work the following day and was fired. I had never been written up nor ever received any reprimands. I'm still unaware as to why exactly I was let go if everything was agreed upon. Goodyear as a whole was a fair company to work for its just the management – more... that's horrible.
If a company promotes education and tuition reimbursement how can one be fired for attending 6 hours of summer classes. And the worst part is I was still working full time hours. The manager I feel personally felt threatened by the fact I was about to receive degree and he hadn't obtained one. He wouldn't give me any work duties to do. I would literally sit at work for 8-9 hours looking at the ceiling. I was there to do a job and wasn't able to do so. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Goodyear

Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture – Read more