Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
Excellent place to work.

Great staff. Great Leadership.

Feels like you are doing something productive as it is a non profit, with money going to help people with disabilities improve their lives.
Fast paced work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 August 2017
Operating cash. Setting up displays. Hanging clothes and bedding. Pricing and sorting donations. Assisting customers with sales. Fast paced work environment.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
Long shifts
a great place to work
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2017
From the first day on the job i was treated as part of the team not the new guy and that was great

the lunches and breaks were well spaced and unless we were short handed you were never without a team member close by
Pros and Cons from my experience
Cashier/Production (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 July 2017
Based on my 2 1/2 year employment:

Pros- Great Co-workers, Job (Cashier/Donor Greet) not too difficult, good experience building.

Cons- Poor Management on multiple levels, Greedy Corporate Environment for being donation driven, all about profits/donor quotas (yes.... a quota for how many donations come into the store per day), minimum wage with very little yearly increase, low fluxuating hours.

Had some good and many bad experiences with my time at Goodwill.
Pros
Noted in summary
Cons
Noted in summary
geet
Cashier and Customer service representative - PT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
this is my best job
i learned how to do many things
managemetn was friendly
work place culture was good
hardest part of job was leaving
most enjoyable part was satisfaction
Amazing place to volunteer with great (and hard) workers
GOODWILL VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 June 2017
I was a volunteer here for a few months, and it was fantastic! It's a very open and friendly area. The supervisors and other workers are great and always open to help you if you're confused. This volunteer job helped me become more comfortable talking to people.
Enjoyed working for the company
Retail (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Ontario Canada15 June 2017
I enjoyed working with the public,Goodwill is a wonderful place for employment. I would definetly refer a friend to seek employment with the company.The atmosphere was a fantastic !
Pros
Enjoyed working with the public, wonderful atmosphere
Cons
No complaints
very energetic work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Duck Lake, SK14 June 2017
enjoyed working in the hotel very energetic as well as entertaining. loved working with my fellow coworkers. and interacting with customers showing my customer service skills.
great place
Customer Service Clerk/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 May 2017
Have a smile on for every customer you see, interact with them, serving coffee, donuts, bagels and sandwiches. Learned to work as a group to get things done, learned to deal with unsatisfied people and how to fix their order immediately. Worked with a greta group of people, always nice and ready to help others. The hardest part of the job is to stand there while someone is complaining and yelling at you at how bad you did something while it was a team effort and only one person gets the blame for it. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing all the regulars that come in. Knowing your name and having a smile at all times, makes you have a better day. Another enjoyable part is being there, the people I worked with were great and made coming to work fun and worth it.
All inclusive environment, collabrative environment
Senior District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Constantly finding ways to complete process improvement. Great stepping stone in your career. They teach you a lot and they let you develop your initiatives
Cons
Long Hours, Unionized environment that was not healthy
Not very enjoyable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 May 2017
I did not find this job that enjoyable because i had not really been working I was volunteering and not getting paid but after i was done i felt a good sensation because i had just helped others out.
Pros
Cons
No pay
A nice place to work
Cashier /Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 May 2017
People there is friendly, always willing to help, I learned a lot about working with clothes, we have a very nice manager, I didn't like the schedule.
Pros
employees discount
Cons
Amazing staff and workplace.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL11 May 2017
I used to love working there. Usually we would have a lot of volunteers and for the most part they were all 65+ and they all made a significant part of my life. I love them dearly and would go back there anyday just to see them
Very fun place to Work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 May 2017
Was given the items to put out and things to do when your finished your other jobs, was allowed to listen to music during work. The manager was a very kind lady and i had a lot of fun times working there.
Pros
Great People, Work was fun
Cons
Sometimes we would get a lot more work then usual
Goodwill , Sarnia ON, Wellingtion st.
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 May 2017
Everybody there is friendly and polite, a nice place to do co-op for high school students, a variety of jobs they want you to do for them, including sorting donations, and maintenance work and sorting out office materials.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
n/a
Productive and an amazing, fun experience
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 April 2017
In my contract of 2 months working at Goodwill, I enjoyed my experience working there as a floor sales associate. I provided sales support, checked floors for loose clothes, brought older clothes out and packaged them to be shipped to the next goodwill where they would be on sale for a better price. I also filled out shipping information which required what I was shipping and of how much quantity. The management were very hard working, great leaders, and made you feel comfortable at your job site.
Pros
The wide social realtions that were made, plus the off-job events that were held for employees to come to
Cons
limited hours (Contract)
My First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON28 April 2017
It was a good one! It was labour intensive but it was fun to be with my coworkers. Management was amazing, couldn't have asked for better. Corporate, however, snakes. CEO bled the "not for profit" dry. Just google it and find out for yourself.
Pros
manageable, coworkers helped
Cons
company was ran out of business, clean up was a pain
Like a family
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
Working for Goodwill Industries was like working with a family away from home. Everyone was there for you when you needed them and even though when the days got long and hard, it was the clients that always brought you back smiling.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
The pay could have been more
very productive place of employment
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  main warehouse on 51st ave and vanburen3 April 2017
went to work every day and performed assigned duties in a timely manner, learned how to stack gaylords 6 high fair managment dirty work enviroment, hardest thing was rotating broken gaylords. enjoyable was the overtime
Pros
i got overtime whenever i wanted it
Cons
poor benifits some managers are trecherous
Such a nice workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2017
Working at Goodwill is great. We have a two hours of break one hour for the first break and thirty minutes for the second one and fifteen for the last one.My co-workers are so nice. for me, it doesn't have a hardest part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.