Since 1935, Goodwill's mission is to enable work opportunities and skills development for people facing barriers to employment, including people with disabilities, youth, the chronically underemployed, and newcomers to Canada. Our Community Stores resell a wide variety of donated goods for reuse, the revenues from which create jobs at Goodwill, provide essential job training, and give people the skills to secure future employment.
If you are looking for meaningful employment to make a difference in your community then you have come to the right place. Goodwill is looking for interested candidates to fill part-time positions in our second-hand retail store located at 544 Bayfield Street in Barrie, Ontario.
What We Offer:
- Employee Discounts
- Schedules posted two weeks in advance
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets and assists donors by receiving incoming donated goods
- Sorts donated goods into sellable/salvage materials
- Prices, hangs textiles, displays and rotates store merchandise according to policies and procedures
- Operates cash register
- Provides excellent customer service to donors and customers in a retail store
- Performs inventory counts
- Performs general housekeeping within the store and washrooms as needed
- Actively works as part of a team
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet Goodwill’s mission
1. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work effectively with the public
2. Flexible to work variable shifts including days, evenings and weekends
3. Ability to work in a fast paced, production oriented environment
4. Ability to tolerate repetitive bending, stretching, lifting and dust
5. Second-hand retail/cashier/warehousing experience an asset
7. Good mathematical skills
8. Good verbal & written communication skills
*If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume quoting:
Part Time Resell Agent, Barrie Bayfield Store and include hours of availability.* Please note: successful applicants will be asked to submit a Goodwill Medical Report and Criminal Record Check. Both documents are due upon orientation.
For additional information about Goodwill Industries of Toronto, Eastern, Central and Northern Ontario please visit our website at www.goodwill.on.ca.
Goodwill is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal persons.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.