Goodness Me! is pleased to announce that we are growing to better serve our ever-expanding customer base in southern Ontario. In addition to our Burlington, Brantford, Waterdown and two Hamilton locations, we will be opening stores in Guelph and other southwestern/south-central locations in the near future. We are now looking for a personable manager to lead an upcoming Waterloo location, set to open Winter 2015. We are seeking an individual who exudes energy and enthusiasm, an eagerness to learn, and a zest for healthy living. Candidates must be highly organized with good leadership abilities, including the ability to effectively delegate and prioritize pressing tasks and responsibilities. Management training will take place in our existing larger store locations of Upper Gage (Hamilton) and Burlington.
Job Summary: Leading all staff in the running of a well-managed and visually appealing store, the Store Manager (SM) is motivated to:
- Ensure happy and healthy customers through:
- Exceptional customer service
- Extensive product selection, personal education classes and workshops, and knowledgeable staff;
- Ensure employee engagement and job satisfaction by providing encouragement, support and quality leadership, and
- Consistently grow sales and hit revenue targets through growth in sales volume and encouraging repeat customers.
The SM works to accomplish all of this by ensuring effective and efficient department management, analyzing sales trends and opportunities by product category, and by overseeing consistently well merchandized departments. Continuously liaising with the various departments of the store to ensure information is conveyed properly and expectations are communicated, the SM provides direction, guidance and instruction to all store associates as required. Daily operations include: ensuring a top-notch customer experience, product quality assurance, inventory management, safety and sanitation within the establishment, and overall business profitability.
- Proven knowledge of, and a genuine interest in, the natural health industry. Two years’ experience in the natural health industry preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in retail management required.
- Grocery industry experience is considered a significant asset.
- A university degree is considered a significant asset.
- Demonstrated ability to train & motivate staff, and proven skills to monitor & assess performance.
Goodness Me! natural food market first opened in 1981 and is now 5 stores strong - and growing! We’ve committed to being your best choice to help you live the healthiest life possible. With organic produce, natural and organic grocery products, highest quality supplements and personal care products, quality information, cutting-edge educational programs, delicious prepared foods, and friendly and knowledgeable staff, we have all the tools necessary to fulfill our promise. There’s something for everyone here, and you will never leave disappointed. At Goodness Me! we are committed to engaging each customer, understanding their needs, and offering quality products and education aligned to help customers live healthy lives. We offer competitive wages, ongoing training and education, employee discounts, opportunities for advancement, and a culture promoting health, well-being, and integrity. Do you think you have what it takes to excel in this exciting and challenging role? If so, please submit your resume along with cover letter no later than Friday, August 29, 2014 to be considered. Submissions received without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.