Goodmans LLP is recognized as one of Canada's leading transaction law firms. With a strategic entrepreneurial approach and a deal-making mindset, Goodmans delivers intelligent solutions with the responsiveness, energy, talent, and determination it takes to get the deal done. We are committed, talented, hardworking professionals who are motivated by exceeding our clients' expectations. We look for people with commitment, initiative, and a creative flair and who respect and recognize each other's individual contribution to our success.
We are seeking a Support Specialist to join our Technology team. This is a Monday to Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm position whose purpose is to provide direct expert technical support and functional direction for all firm applications. The role reports to our Supervisor of Support Services.
- Responds to calls from all firm members and some external clients placed to the support desk regarding their application/hardware questions and problems including network connectivity.
- Works with firm members to understand the nature and scope of problems and provides direction/instruction or takes steps to resolve the problem.
- Takes steps to investigate and resolve complex issues and escalates appropriately and ensures all requests are completed and tracked.
- Monitors and responds to SupportLine requests after regular business hours including evenings and weekends, on a compensated rotating scheduled basis.
- Provides backup support of technical hardware including, Blackberries, phones and photocopiers as needed.
- Identifies and reports training needs of firm members who demonstrate a need for increased knowledge or direction in applying certain applications.
- Participates in firm application rollouts and provides feedback.
- Assists in documenting new processes and applications.
- Distributes tracks, maintains and supports up to date laptop images for loaner pool of laptops.
- Offers assistance to all firm members with their technology needs; Ensures required actions are taken in a timely manner when responding to requests.
- Takes on and assists with other Technology projects, activities and events as needed.
- Post secondary education in an IT related field.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a support services position, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of customer service including managing internal relationships.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Networking fundamentals, Microsoft Active Directory, remote access service and virus/spyware removal and hardware diagnostics.
- Team player, self-starter with a positive attitude; ability to demonstrate a professional approach in all job responsibilities along with flexibility and reliability; shares information and knowledge.
Applications are only accepted via our website: www.goodmans.ca
Application deadline is Friday, June 7, 2013 by 5:00 pm.
Indeed - 15 months ago