Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Active work place with good people around
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston Heights, TX30 January 2017
Typical day at work will consist of keep all the lines running effectively & working with your co workers to perform the best results.

What it's teaching me is the steps of putting machinery together, which is an art all in its own.

Great management equals happy workers which results in Efficient products.

All different cultures and people which is great to see!

Hardest part of the job? Having to go home early if we run out of product early.
Lack of better opportunities (temp workers)
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 January 2017
Management are focused more on their production than giving a chance for a better opportunity. As a warehouse, there is a variety of different jobs, but once you join the assembly line the managers wont let you move to a better and well pay position. To make a change the workers need a release approval from the manager. The problem is that they want people in their line for a faster production and when people ask for a transfer they do not give you that chance.
Pros
Cons
Extreme temperatures, Underestimate workers
fun and go out to knew places in the city
Assembly line attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX23 February 2017
I loved that job it gave me a lot of knowledge for when I have a business and how to treat the people (customers )..it's a lot of hard work but with time comes greatness.its not for people who are scared to play in the mud for a good earned SOLID payday...overall it's what you make of it💯
Pros
pay, customers, employees
Cons
winter/summer
Fast paced environment with excessive power concentration
Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX29 November 2016
Goodman is a traditional manufacturing firm with major emphasis on product cost. Japanese top management works well with local management. Lot of capital investment but extremely low investment in people. If you are looking for a stable job, you will find it here but if you want to move and learn, not the place.
Approachable colleagues and good teams
Lean Manufacturing ntern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 October 2016
I started my internship with the company in June of 2016. As an intern I was given a really nice apartment with me having to pay only a fraction of the rent. On top of that I was also compensated with weekly relocation amount that was added to my pay check.

The internship experience was great with me having been given real responsibilities which are going to make an actual impact.

The internship included working on a couple of individual projects along with a team building group project with other interns.

Fortunately, my internship was also extended into a fall co-op and i continue to work on more projects.
If your a female you are set.
Former set up and run press operator. (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN21 October 2016
Thought everyone would be treated equally. Not so. Women are treated by group leaders and supervisors better. A lot of affairs between supervisors/ group leaders and their female employees. Watch your girlfriend or your wife if you allow her to work here. Women are not expected to have to perform the harder jobs. Some group leaders are alcoholics. You will see them drinking in the parking lots beforehand after work and some on 4th and 5th shifts during their hour lunch. Complain and you can kiss your job goodbye as the group leaders will protect their little hen houses, especially in the press dept.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No morals in the management.
Like working keep me focous
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 December 2016
All we was doing is air conditioning..I was working night shift at Goodman but I lov e working with my heads so it keep me focuse .. than I stop and got me a job at star cable doing meter reader for a water company
Pros
Good pay and help me learn. Thing abot air condition
Cons
Barly get brakes
Great co workers, bad cimmunication on management behaf
Brake Press Operator / Material Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN27 January 2017
Not just me but several I know never felt comfortable talking to management. Great atmosphere other than that, and great co workers to be around. Not much long term there, as they are moving to tx.
Its ok it has it ups and downs like most jobs.
General Assembler/Fin press Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN25 January 2017
There about to move so there's no job security. Other than that everything else is ok. And don't eat the cafeteria food. Its a pretty long drive if your from Huntsville
Pros
Good pay benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of over time
Press shop lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton Tennessee31 August 2016
Fast pace .lots of over time.very hot working environment .work on paid holidays take vacation when they let you.during the holidays plan on working hot during summer cold in winter.they do give extra breaks in summer.it is one of the world's largest airconditioning manufacturer in the world .so if you want to live in Texas there will be lots of opportunities for work in Houston Texas .the new plant will be better working conditions. Then they offered in Tennessee. I'm from south Florida. My home is in Tennessee now not going back south.there will be jobs from management to assembly. Progressive press orators floor sweeping. Cooks and all .the way they are setting up the new plant you will not need to leave till your day is over.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
7 days a week
Productive Area On The Assembly Line Fast Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 December 2016
How To Use The Drill Very Easy Job , How to Build Goodman Air Conditioners , My Co Workers Were Very Easy to Work With Job Work Was Fast Pace. Hardest Part of the Job was Getting installation off you !
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Decent place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN10 December 2016
Decent place to work. It is no longer located in Dayton, TN. I started to gain my knowledge in Materials with this company. At his point is where I knew I wanted to be in the Materials department.
Pros
Was on day shift
Cons
The pay was terrible
Fun To Work!
Press Operator/ Copper Assembley (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN3 February 2017
Great place! Great pay, does hire people with records just be honest!
Worked here off and on and got payed 11.00 and hour. Company Moved to Texas there no longer in Dayton, Tennessee
Pros
Well Managed
Cons
No Heat or AC
productive workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN22 December 2016
very productful workplace but the fate of the company is unknown b/c they are laying workers off and the plant is closing very soon
Pros
get paid very well
Cons
work around hazardous material with no protective gear
very hot and not good management.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN24 August 2016
I hated working there the temperatures were unbelievable it was 160 in there granted they did keep us with coozies to keep us cool and water popsicles etc. but they expected so much out of us and it's hard to do when it's over a hundred degrees in side the building other than that it was a good place to work.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too hot.
Great People
Lean Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN28 December 2016
Enjoyed working for Goodman; however, they were shutting down and moving across the United States. Would have stayed, but at the time in my life was not ready to move.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Plant shutting down
Great Place to work
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN21 December 2016
Great management, co-workers and environment. The pay is fair for the work you have to do. You can work overtime if you wish and not if you would not like to where as most companies take this option from you.
Productive and fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY6 October 2016
Very Productive and fun working agency to be worked with.Very good customer service communication and the best of all working agencies.This company always serves the best to my knowledge as compare to its pears.
Basic Assembly Plant
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX2 January 2017
Very fast paced work environment , after a moment it will be second nature , only reason i left was because i could not work 3rd shift, and they could not switch me over .
Excellent Place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX26 January 2017
Great place. It is highly likely you will find yourself inundated with action items that you have no idea how to achieve and must think outside the box.