Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work.
Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNMarch 13, 2016
Was planning on retiring from there, but Daikin purchased the plant and is moving it to Houston. Compensation was above average, management worked with the union to provide for all employees.
Pros
Good working conditions and compensations.
Cons
Closing and moving to Texas.
Very nice place to work but the commute is too long.
HVAC Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
Good manager and fellow employees. Casual work environment. Advancement ability if relocation to Houston, Texas area. It is a large company but it is a great work environment. Not very hectic even being a technical call center assisting technicians from all over the country. Everyday is a new learning experience. Benefits are the best I have had so far after leaving my own business many years ago.
Pros
Cafeteria in the plant. Secure work area with limited entrances and security personal on site 24/7.
Cons
Finding out the location will be shuttered and moved to Houston, Texas in the very near future.
terrible place to work.
Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TnJuly 8, 2015
Poor leadership at the manager & VP levels. Both Managers & VP's are very vindictive towards all levels of subordinate employees. Recent changes in upper level management over the last 2 yrs at the Fayetteville plant along with the announcement of the plant closure has created a atmosphere of turmoil within the organization resulting in a very poor, stressful, & unethical work environment for front line supervisors as well as the hourly union employees. An extreme abuse of authority by upper level management has given rise to employee targeting for verbal abuse & unjustified disciplinary action. Favoritism & "the buddy system" runs this facility at the manager level & above & should be addressed ASAP. Extreme amounts of overtime worked by salaried supervisors without any form of compensation or appreciation from upper management. Progression raises are based on "the buddy system" instead of merit.
Pros
Cons
too many
Great place to work!
Superintendent-Press Department/Student (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 18, 2015
Goodman is a great place to work! Internal upward mobility is encouraged. They offer competitive pay, good benefits, and a great work environment. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to work their way up the ranks.
Employment Review
Lean Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance- While working @Goodman the budget only allowed me 40 hours a week. If you was in assembly you was require to work 12hrs a day during peak season. Non peak season you would be lucky to get 40 and temps would most likely be let go.

Compensation/benefits- I started out at a lot less than my previous job. Understandable because I was filling a role where there was lack of experience. I quickly gained the experience and was not given the compensation. Later trained an employee that started at max pay for this position.

Management- Company was bought out and a lot of management was let go or quit. There was lack of management in my department. Was never given daily/weekly task, goal or objectives. I was thrown in a position and taught myself.
Pros
Free ice cream, Free Lunches
Cons
Limited overtime, Low pay
Terribly Work Place
Not available (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
It's a difficult take to fully elaborate on how awful of a work environment Goodman Manufacturing offers to its employees. Just know that there is no one in the company that actually likes working here. Here's a brief list:

- Frequent over time for salary without compensation
- Mediocre insurance benefits
- Unorganized upper management
- Minimal vacation
- Unrealistic deadlines
- Detrimental environment to health (air pollution)
- Building literally has cinder blocks falling from walls occasionally.
- Unregulated forklift traffic
- No employees in my time here have received any advancement

I don't have a single good thing to say about the company. My list could go on, but it's depressing writing this.
Pros
Cons
Many
Terrible Place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
I hated working for this company from the day I was hired. Location manager always blames you for everything and writes you up for anything he feels doesn't fall in line with his vision. The warehouse manager was full time but wasn't there half the time and had no clue how to manage a warehouse much less anything else. The warehouse associates were set in their ways and unhelpful when orders needed to be pulled for delivery. Everything was an emergency and frustrating. The warehouse was small and there wasn't enough room for anything but yet trucks kept bringing more and more equipment. Organization was a joke and you couldn't find anything ( not even the guys that unloaded the truck knew where it was) I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone seeking a job. Avoid Goodman at all costs!

Management doesn't care about you
HR Doesnt care about you!
Pay is too low for the amount if work you actually do
Work on Saturdays during the summer
They cut your hours during the winter
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
Low Pay, Insurance is horrible, everything else!
Love this job!
Tugger Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN 37334June 14, 2016
I have worked here for the past two and a half years and love it!
I planned to stay with them for a long time but sadly they will be relocating the plant to Texas so if you hire in don't plan to stay long.
Also take into consideration they lay off much of the workforce every winter considering they build air conditioners but u can draw unemployment and always expect a callback to work the following spring.
Pros
Great environment, Fun people, Bid on jobs for quick advancement throughout the plant
Cons
they will be closing the fayetteville and dayton plants and moving them to texas in a year or two
Good salary, bad environment
SENIOR TAX ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2015
The pay is good here, however the rest of the benefits pale in comparison to previous companies. There is no room for advancement. A lot of people have quit in a few short months.
Terrible Middle Managers
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Their systems are antiquated, people are overworked, and their goals and direction are ludicrous. The middle managers will constantly blame others for their mistakes. The upper managers are kept in the dark about what is really going on. The people on the production floor are paid poorly and worked to death. It is normal to work 7 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day. Hope you are single with no responsibilities.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many to name.
Excellent Company To Work For.
Forklift Operator / Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great company with lots of benefits. People are friendly. Company has room for growth. Picnics are the best for families. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Honest hard work.
Cons
Hot
Work conditions were not the bestt for producttion, but we made it fun
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNOctober 23, 2015
I liked my job at Goodman's MFG. It had it's ups and downs, as does all jobs. The factory is closing anytime, therefore the opportunity for advancement is null and void. Making air conditioners was fun, but like I said, the conditions in the factory was horrible, over 100 in the summer, no fans, dirty, freezing in the winter, below 20 in some areas, no heaters. Parts would run dry, or made improperly so work load increased, hours were hit and miss during these times, only 6 PTO days a year and 1 week vacation that had to be used during plant shut down at Christmas. My co-workers were great, we made it fun. We had a great boss, he made it fun too. That made it bearable. But, it's factory work.
Pros
When you win a job bid, your pay does go up significantly.
Cons
Mandatory 7 day work weeks, sometimes 10-12 hr days, and can't take a day off without receiving a point
A great place work as well as learn new skills and training
ICS Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
Assemble AC coils as well as RF scan product to be sent to customer. Read, supply, and build material for the coils to be made. Monitor product from start to finish, ensuring material is in compliance before shipment is sent to customer. Make daily schedules for the operation.
Poor managment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 16, 2016
In my opinion it was ran poorly a lot of the production wasn't fit to sale or ship but was sent out anyways wasn't very safe work environment good co workers but management and engineering made decisions that didn't make sense to most empolyees
wonderful experience
Brazer, Machine Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
it was a wonderful experience working with such great company and I learnt a lot. it was a challenging task but the help of the management and of course my dedication, I was able to put more and achieve a lot.
Pros
sometime, free launches
Cons
breaks
Very busy place
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXJune 1, 2016
If you like to work on a very fast pace enviroment this is for you.
With a 24 hour in operation you will be very busy and will have to plan ahead. Assembly line don't stop working and if you interrupt their works the company will loose money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Really fast enviroment
Peak production based company.
Brazer/Heavy Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
Very busy work day and production based. Company will train the right candidates on job set and skills for advancement.
What really
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2016
Nothing to say good about goodman just a place to sweat and drain you to the last hair on your chinny chin chin! If you want to make some kind of money just try it out will toughen you up in some type of way!
Pros
nothing
Cons
all as soon as you walk in.
Ethical workplace
Assembler/Copper Brazzer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
I Welded internal brass pipes of air conditioning units using torch. In addtion. I was promoted to be part of Quality Control Team to check leakage on A/C units.
Pros
Vending machines and free ice
Cons
short lunch time
I liked working here
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 10, 2016
It was my first job,great pay close to home health benefits friendly environment easy tasks but you have to stand the majority of the shift
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lay offs, and standing the whole shift