Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Approachable colleagues and good teams
Lean Manufacturing ntern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 October 2016
I started my internship with the company in June of 2016. As an intern I was given a really nice apartment with me having to pay only a fraction of the rent. On top of that I was also compensated with weekly relocation amount that was added to my pay check.

The internship experience was great with me having been given real responsibilities which are going to make an actual impact.

The internship included working on a couple of individual projects along with a team building group project with other interns.

Fortunately, my internship was also extended into a fall co-op and i continue to work on more projects.
If your a female you are set.
Former set up and run press operator. (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN21 October 2016
Thought everyone would be treated equally. Not so. Women are treated by group leaders and supervisors better. A lot of affairs between supervisors/ group leaders and their female employees. Watch your girlfriend or your wife if you allow her to work here. Women are not expected to have to perform the harder jobs. Some group leaders are alcoholics. You will see them drinking in the parking lots beforehand after work and some on 4th and 5th shifts during their hour lunch. Complain and you can kiss your job goodbye as the group leaders will protect their little hen houses, especially in the press dept.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No morals in the management.
Fast paced environment with excessive power concentration
Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX29 November 2016
Goodman is a traditional manufacturing firm with major emphasis on product cost. Japanese top management works well with local management. Lot of capital investment but extremely low investment in people. If you are looking for a stable job, you will find it here but if you want to move and learn, not the place.
Lots of over time
Press shop lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton Tennessee31 August 2016
Fast pace .lots of over time.very hot working environment .work on paid holidays take vacation when they let you.during the holidays plan on working hot during summer cold in winter.they do give extra breaks in summer.it is one of the world's largest airconditioning manufacturer in the world .so if you want to live in Texas there will be lots of opportunities for work in Houston Texas .the new plant will be better working conditions. Then they offered in Tennessee. I'm from south Florida. My home is in Tennessee now not going back south.there will be jobs from management to assembly. Progressive press orators floor sweeping. Cooks and all .the way they are setting up the new plant you will not need to leave till your day is over.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
7 days a week
very hot and not good management.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN24 August 2016
I hated working there the temperatures were unbelievable it was 160 in there granted they did keep us with coozies to keep us cool and water popsicles etc. but they expected so much out of us and it's hard to do when it's over a hundred degrees in side the building other than that it was a good place to work.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too hot.
Very Busy Fast Paced Environment
Warehouse Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 July 2016
Typical day at work consisted of long hours, no central air or heating, continuously lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job were the different people you built relationships with, they became like family.
Pros
Lots of hours, paid every week, chance for being hired on with company
Cons
No central air or heating
Love this job!
Tugger Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN 3733414 June 2016
I have worked here for the past two and a half years and love it!
I planned to stay with them for a long time but sadly they will be relocating the plant to Texas so if you hire in don't plan to stay long.
Also take into consideration they lay off much of the workforce every winter considering they build air conditioners but u can draw unemployment and always expect a callback to work the following spring.
Pros
Great environment, Fun people, Bid on jobs for quick advancement throughout the plant
Cons
they will be closing the fayetteville and dayton plants and moving them to texas in a year or two
Productive and fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY6 October 2016
Very Productive and fun working agency to be worked with.Very good customer service communication and the best of all working agencies.This company always serves the best to my knowledge as compare to its pears.
Challenging and Unique
Opener (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 September 2016
The corporate culture is a challenge to maneuver; systems are undeveloped and procedures are lacking definition. Organization is not team focused and leads to individualism and unstructured activities.
Poor managment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN16 July 2016
In my opinion it was ran poorly a lot of the production wasn't fit to sale or ship but was sent out anyways wasn't very safe work environment good co workers but management and engineering made decisions that didn't make sense to most empolyees
Review of Company
CAD Product designer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN22 October 2016
The good things
Safety first. Great Team management. Positive work environment. Equal work opportunity.
The challenges
Their won't be any difficulty working for such an amazing company.
Check this Out
Assembling Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX24 August 2016
its hot, no pay, no consistent, and they talk to you any kind of way. I would not reccomend anyone to work here. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Pros
its a job
Cons
very low pay, in hot working conditions
Not so comfortable workplace
Assembler - Assembles products (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 October 2016
The work hours were reasonable but the work place was not organized at all. Alot of culture and I was not able to speak the languages of my managers and co workers.
Shipping clerk/IN-bound and out-bound trucks (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX25 July 2016
I worked there for 10 months before I moved out of state. Other than that its a ok job to work. Hours are cut during winter months so its hard to make a living there.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough hours during the winter months.
wonderful experience
Brazer, Machine Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX2 July 2016
it was a wonderful experience working with such great company and I learnt a lot. it was a challenging task but the help of the management and of course my dedication, I was able to put more and achieve a lot.
Pros
sometime, free launches
Cons
breaks
A great place work as well as learn new skills and training
ICS Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 May 2016
Assemble AC coils as well as RF scan product to be sent to customer. Read, supply, and build material for the coils to be made. Monitor product from start to finish, ensuring material is in compliance before shipment is sent to customer. Make daily schedules for the operation.
Terrible Middle Managers
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX23 April 2016
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Their systems are antiquated, people are overworked, and their goals and direction are ludicrous. The middle managers will constantly blame others for their mistakes. The upper managers are kept in the dark about what is really going on. The people on the production floor are paid poorly and worked to death. It is normal to work 7 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day. Hope you are single with no responsibilities.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many to name.
forklift/material handler
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN30 August 2016
I love to load and unload trucks,i had to process all out going orders for delivery,It was a very fun job simply because i love to stay busy....I am also a dedicated worker and i learn very fast........
Not a Bad company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY24 October 2016
Not a Bad company to work for. I did Learn a lot from people here But I was not able to grow with the company, I had to leave because I really was not growing with the company
assembly
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX15 November 2016
Hard work but was a great place too work! Everyone had a can do attitude.Crew leaders where very helpful.Taking was great because they had a wonderful break room.
Pros
extra hours
Cons
3 am