Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Productive place of growth
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX22 March 2017
Goodman is a company that is culturally diverse. This company allowed anyone who is seeking advancement the opportunity to excel in management positions.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN13 March 2017
I loved the work environment, great pay, an great benefits. Work schedule was great an overtime was available whenever you needed it or wanted it. Goodman is a awesome place
hard to work
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 March 2017
Hard environment. Constantly under pressure but with minimum direction. Lack of empowerment; although the company invest good money on training and developing new systems.
Pros
Expanding business with challenges to learn from
Cons
Lack of supportive and engaged management
Its a cool place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TX8 March 2017
Its a nice place to work I just didn't like only 20 mins to eat through out whole shift no breaks just 20 min lunch
Production was good clock in and out was OK I just don't like it was hot if its hot outside and cold when cold outside a
Good place to learn and grow.
FIN PRESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN7 March 2017
Every morning before our shift starts we do our exercises to help prevent soreness through the day. After our stretches we start our daily paperwork to keep track of what we produce in an hour and we also write down any down-time we have. We have to keep the oils in our machines filled or it can make the machine mess up and not run right. We get two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.
Fast paced environment
Large Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN6 March 2017
A great job for those who are new to the working world. The company is structured around helping those achieve in the work arena. It is a hardworking job, but very rewarding
Pros
pay every week
Cons
too long shifts
very productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN4 March 2017
Over all great experience. I learned a lot and had a great time doing so. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move around.
Great place to Work
Parts Analyst Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 March 2017
Goodman is a great place to work. They are aggressively moving to be the top supplier in the market. The new facility is awesome and well designed to manufacture.
Great place to work for experience and quick advancement
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 February 2017
I was able to complete several projects that had an impact on the company as a whole which gave me valuable insight into what I want to do when I graduate. Their systems and processes are outdated which can be frustrating but I believe they were working on fixing that as my time there was coming to an end.
Pros
Flexible and understanding, empowered employees
Cons
Didn't really have a manager, Outdated systems and processes
A Company that feels like home
Quality Inspector-Line Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX26 February 2017
Excellent Management that truly respects it's employees. A very diverse group of people of all walks of life. Zero tolerance for discrimination.
Co-workers are very helpful and that brings enjoyment to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Lunches, Recognition of good work done.
Cons
schedule of hours
fun and go out to knew places in the city
Assembly line attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX23 February 2017
I loved that job it gave me a lot of knowledge for when I have a business and how to treat the people (customers )..it's a lot of hard work but with time comes greatness.its not for people who are scared to play in the mud for a good earned SOLID payday...overall it's what you make of it💯
Pros
pay, customers, employees
Cons
winter/summer
The work environment was great .
Coil tester (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN23 February 2017
I can honestly say that working at goodman was a great experience for me . I got to get a chance to get a feel of the factory world . My coworkers and suporvisors were fun to work with , and there was never a dull moment working there .
Pros
Great pay, hours, and people
Cons
Short breaks, no free lunch
Job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 February 2017
A good place to start out if you need a job. They do have great benefits as well. I liked working there because the people are great to work with and very understanding.
Fun To Work!
Press Operator/ Copper Assembley (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN3 February 2017
Great place! Great pay, does hire people with records just be honest!
Worked here off and on and got payed 11.00 and hour. Company Moved to Texas there no longer in Dayton, Tennessee
Pros
Well Managed
Cons
No Heat or AC
Active work place with good people around
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston Heights, TX30 January 2017
Typical day at work will consist of keep all the lines running effectively & working with your co workers to perform the best results.

What it's teaching me is the steps of putting machinery together, which is an art all in its own.

Great management equals happy workers which results in Efficient products.

All different cultures and people which is great to see!

Hardest part of the job? Having to go home early if we run out of product early.
Great co workers, bad cimmunication on management behaf
Brake Press Operator / Material Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN27 January 2017
Not just me but several I know never felt comfortable talking to management. Great atmosphere other than that, and great co workers to be around. Not much long term there, as they are moving to tx.
Excellent Place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX26 January 2017
Great place. It is highly likely you will find yourself inundated with action items that you have no idea how to achieve and must think outside the box.
Its ok it has it ups and downs like most jobs.
General Assembler/Fin press Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN25 January 2017
There about to move so there's no job security. Other than that everything else is ok. And don't eat the cafeteria food. Its a pretty long drive if your from Huntsville
Pros
Good pay benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Lack of better opportunities (temp workers)
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 January 2017
Management are focused more on their production than giving a chance for a better opportunity. As a warehouse, there is a variety of different jobs, but once you join the assembly line the managers wont let you move to a better and well pay position. To make a change the workers need a release approval from the manager. The problem is that they want people in their line for a faster production and when people ask for a transfer they do not give you that chance.
Pros
Cons
Extreme temperatures, Underestimate workers
Very good company.
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 January 2017
Very good company, communicate well with employees and everyone worked as a team to finish our jobs. I enjoyed working at this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.