Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

fan motors
Fan motors (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX22 May 2017
it was a great company to work for. Its hard work but it is worth it. The supervisors are very friendly and caring about the employees. It is overall a great company to work for
It's a manufacturing position
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN15 May 2017
My experience at Goodman Manufacturing was a positive experience. There was opportunity to learn new skills and work with many different people.

Overall, it's typical to factory work. My only setback in this position is the hour long commute.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
hour long commute
Productive enviroment
Machine Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 May 2017
A typical day at work was fun easy and fast paced to keep up production hourly. I learned how to work a press machine in one week plus 15, minute part checks hourly to maintain part excellence.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Great work place.
Leak Tester (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN2 May 2017
Great place to work, great people, and great benefits. Very nice personell people, allowed vacation and good hours. I would still be working here if the wouldn't have relocated.
Work place was goodmans in dayton tn i learn to keep up once i figured and it out nothing was to hard
Essembly (Former Employee) –  Goodmans dayton tn1 May 2017
Laid off to Goodman closing there doors in October Work very hard very good days got our work done orders in time and they had me helping others workers when I was done with my work
stressful place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 May 2017
best part is loading/unloading. your making sure bar code is the same and load all the same bar code numbers on the same rack. When having a partner makes the job more easier.
Looking for a job anything at anytime
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 April 2017
Just a hard worker and what to make enough to help my family the best way I can. I would love overtime and 40 + hours a week. Paid holidays weeks and benefits
Pros
Overtime
Production
Finn press operator, Brazer, fitter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN23 April 2017
Good pay, benefits are really to be a small town business .This comoany understands how hard its employees work and makes sure you have the ppe and tools and know how to do your job , also offering extra training along the way .
Pros
Learning
Cons
Dirty, oily conditions prepare to get oil and dirt on your maybe a small cut on your hand or finger
Pre-production running smoothly due to the material handlers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TX20 April 2017
I picked up my order sheet stocked up on the materials the lines needed took back the material that they didn't use and put them where they went. Filled orders with shipping and receiving
Pros
You have a sheet don't have to memorize everything
Cons
People put materials I the wrong place and it slows down the production
Very productive
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dams, NY18 April 2017
A typical day at work was putting metal into bins, I learned how to put different metals into bins, the management was really good, The workplace culture was hot and sweaty but pleasant to be around, The hardest part of the job was putting insulation onto metal, cause then you would be all itchy, the most enjoyable part was working with great people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short work week, bad hours
Very Productive Atmosphere
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 April 2017
All of the crew members were helpful. Management was always on top of safety and the courses that were needed for job security. The hours are very good, some weekends on and some off.
Great workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN12 April 2017
Production was a challenge. Found other ways and ideas to increase production. Hardest part was dealing with insulation. Best part of all was working with friendly ppl.
Benefits
Cons
No overtime cut to 32 hrs
Fast pace production
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN9 April 2017
I have worked for Goodman manufacturing for 14 years. I am currently working in the warehouse. I enjoy this job because it keeps me busy. I am very detail oriented and have to have things done correctly. I take pride in everything I do. My overall review is that this is a good job, and the pay is excellent.
Pros
Very good pay and room for advancement
Cons
Hot place to work, and no discounts on products
Great company with room for advancement
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX7 April 2017
Great working environment. Committed to maintaining the workplace culture of the company. I learned that there is always someone watching and recognizing your contributions to the team.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
A lot of manual work
Great teams
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 March 2017
Great place to work at with great people. Brand new campus that is modern and heavily influenced by Japanese culture. Own cafeteria and all manufacturing and logistics are in the same building
It was a stressfull place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN24 March 2017
Management was not good. It was always hot tiring and pay was not good.supervisors always hollering or cussing employees.I would not recommend any one to work at that establishment.
Pros
Cons
Hot stressful
Productive place of growth
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX22 March 2017
Goodman is a company that is culturally diverse. This company allowed anyone who is seeking advancement the opportunity to excel in management positions.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Successful company
Procurement Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX15 March 2017
Goodman is a growing company with great job security. I am confindent in the products they produce. With the new HVAC facility in the US, they are creating more jobs and have increased efficiencies. Over all, it is a great company.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Long Hours
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN13 March 2017
I loved the work environment, great pay, an great benefits. Work schedule was great an overtime was available whenever you needed it or wanted it. Goodman is a awesome place
hard to work
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 March 2017
Hard environment. Constantly under pressure but with minimum direction. Lack of empowerment; although the company invest good money on training and developing new systems.
Pros
Expanding business with challenges to learn from
Cons
Lack of supportive and engaged management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.