Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN7 December 2017
It is a fast paced environment there are many departments. I learned how to work on an assembly line the hardest part of the job was to be able to keep up and make sure that the parts are put on correctly and secured.
Pros
pay and benefits were great
Cons
short breaks
Good pay, so-so training
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN6 December 2017
Good pay but work was heavy in summer and slack in winter. Training was mainly just learning on the job. Noisy manufacturing area, need to wear safety gear (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed footwear)
Pros
good pay
Cons
noisy environment, training by doing
goodman
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN5 December 2017
Goodman manufacturing was a full time job the facility was being relocated to Texas So I searched for future employment at local facilities. This was a good paying job but they did try too many hours and heavy workloads
Inventory control associate
Inventory control Associate/Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 December 2017
• Posted daily usage of copper liquid lines on Microsoft Excel lines to prevent theft.
• Promoted to "Quality control team" to check quality features on A/C units.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Productive Workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN1 December 2017
It is like many manufacturing places that need a continuous production met. It is fast paced at times, while other times you could be cleaning or whatever the Supervisor(s) need be done. Good place to work, though the plant I worked at closed and relocated to the new facility in another state. I transferred with them though.
Fast paced work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN30 November 2017
Goodman is good exposure for anyone looking for an entrance into manufacturing. A fast paced work environment is to be expected from working in a factory. All protective equipment is provided except for steel toed boots. Upward mobility is based on seniority. Tardy policy is in full effect and strictly enforced. Timeliness is key. Goodman is a good place to work while they remain in the Tennessee Valley.
Pros
Pay rate and upward mobility
Cons
distance from Huntsville AL
Easy job
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 November 2017
Basically working to me was awesome ... I was very fascinated with the process it took to build one a.c. unit ... Every day was a different position so I learned how the building process works
This place is grimy and inconsiderate
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN27 November 2017
The people that involve themselves within the ranks of importance in this company are disgusting disgruntles individuals who make it easily and almost explicitly seem like their sole purpose is to make things difficult for you and act as as snotty and as snobby as possibly while doing it, on top of never considering your proper needs. Good luck landing a job there, it's three whole acts of Congress just to be considered and called for a position, you'll more than likely have already found something else by the time ANYONE over at that factory stops twiddling their thumbs long enough to make a job-offer phone call.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Short breaks, rude community, inhumane HR, zero understanding
what a job here''
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX26 November 2017
I did enjoy myself there! but the job was hard but fun. at time but I don;t think that was the job for me. it was ''HOT''in there and when it get's ''COLD'' it's hard to do your job. but over all it was fine.
Pros
30 mites
Cons
20 mites when the line go's down
good job
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX25 November 2017
Good work place with good team work. I learn about new product that go with the air and heat unit and what it use. There was no hard part of the job. The workplace was calm with team work.
Pros
good workplace
Cons
no cons
Negative
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX25 November 2017
Work for a year as a temp, never was hired, it was a productive company but it seemed like they just sold me a pipe dream of being a full time employee
Cons
No opportunity to advance
I Job You Can Maintain
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX16 November 2017
Manufacturing work, in my opinion, is a great choice for those who like to focus strictly on there work, and not office politics. For those who just want to go to work and know exactly what they are going to do, Goodman Air Conditioning, like many manufactures, is a good place to be relaxed but focus on just your day to day duties.
Over all not a bad place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN14 November 2017
The only thing I didn't like was working 2nd shift. Also there was quite a few lay offs once I was there only 2wks but I was called back. Other then that not bad at all.
Productive workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manhatthan6 November 2017
Everyday it’s something new to learn. Customer are always highly satisfied. New items reach their target. Restaurant kept clean along with great customer service.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst ENEMY
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX5 November 2017
This place has the "good ol boy" concept. Policies are there but only implemented when its beneficial for management. If you have worked there 10+ years, you cannot be touched. Even if you say racial statements in the office in front of people. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad overall culture
Goodman Manufacturing
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX31 October 2017
Extremely friendly work environment, employees are very supportive. I really enjoyed working for Goodman, my contract assignment was only for 4 months, and it was a pleasant experience.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
No overtime
Not so perfect work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 October 2017
Once this company moved so far out it changed alot for everyone. The commute is horrible, it takes me 2hrs. Management is not consistent with everyone.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Too far
most people were ok
Responsible as forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TN28 October 2017
I liked my job and would have stayed until retirement but the company was bought and relocated to Texas. My wife and I stayed in Dayton Tennessee since that's where our families are.
Pros
holidays and pay
Cons
sometimes you could not have family time for working hours
horrible place to work with good pay
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN27 October 2017
I currently work at Goodman, The people there are very cut throat and the management is even worse. There is a bunch of harassment that goes on and employees are disrespected. The only thing that has kept me there is the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employees treated unfairly, harrassment, employees are talked down to
Goodman is Ok but not the best.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Operator 123 October 2017
If you have the skills there is room for advancement depending on the departments , some departments are dead end. Great company , but needs a lot of work ethic and better hours.