Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work.
Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNMarch 13, 2016
Was planning on retiring from there, but Daikin purchased the plant and is moving it to Houston. Compensation was above average, management worked with the union to provide for all employees.
Pros
Good working conditions and compensations.
Cons
Closing and moving to Texas.
Lots of over time
Press shop lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton TennesseeAugust 31, 2016
Fast pace .lots of over time.very hot working environment .work on paid holidays take vacation when they let you.during the holidays plan on working hot during summer cold in winter.they do give extra breaks in summer.it is one of the world's largest airconditioning manufacturer in the world .so if you want to live in Texas there will be lots of opportunities for work in Houston Texas .the new plant will be better working conditions. Then they offered in Tennessee. I'm from south Florida. My home is in Tennessee now not going back south.there will be jobs from management to assembly. Progressive press orators floor sweeping. Cooks and all .the way they are setting up the new plant you will not need to leave till your day is over.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
7 days a week
Terrible Place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
I hated working for this company from the day I was hired. Location manager always blames you for everything and writes you up for anything he feels doesn't fall in line with his vision. The warehouse manager was full time but wasn't there half the time and had no clue how to manage a warehouse much less anything else. The warehouse associates were set in their ways and unhelpful when orders needed to be pulled for delivery. Everything was an emergency and frustrating. The warehouse was small and there wasn't enough room for anything but yet trucks kept bringing more and more equipment. Organization was a joke and you couldn't find anything ( not even the guys that unloaded the truck knew where it was) I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone seeking a job. Avoid Goodman at all costs!

Management doesn't care about you
HR Doesnt care about you!
Pay is too low for the amount if work you actually do
Work on Saturdays during the summer
They cut your hours during the winter
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
Low Pay, Insurance is horrible, everything else!
Love this job!
Tugger Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TN 37334June 14, 2016
I have worked here for the past two and a half years and love it!
I planned to stay with them for a long time but sadly they will be relocating the plant to Texas so if you hire in don't plan to stay long.
Also take into consideration they lay off much of the workforce every winter considering they build air conditioners but u can draw unemployment and always expect a callback to work the following spring.
Pros
Great environment, Fun people, Bid on jobs for quick advancement throughout the plant
Cons
they will be closing the fayetteville and dayton plants and moving them to texas in a year or two
Very nice place to work but the commute is too long.
HVAC Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
Good manager and fellow employees. Casual work environment. Advancement ability if relocation to Houston, Texas area. It is a large company but it is a great work environment. Not very hectic even being a technical call center assisting technicians from all over the country. Everyday is a new learning experience. Benefits are the best I have had so far after leaving my own business many years ago.
Pros
Cafeteria in the plant. Secure work area with limited entrances and security personal on site 24/7.
Cons
Finding out the location will be shuttered and moved to Houston, Texas in the very near future.
terrible place to work.
Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TnJuly 8, 2015
Poor leadership at the manager & VP levels. Both Managers & VP's are very vindictive towards all levels of subordinate employees. Recent changes in upper level management over the last 2 yrs at the Fayetteville plant along with the announcement of the plant closure has created a atmosphere of turmoil within the organization resulting in a very poor, stressful, & unethical work environment for front line supervisors as well as the hourly union employees. An extreme abuse of authority by upper level management has given rise to employee targeting for verbal abuse & unjustified disciplinary action. Favoritism & "the buddy system" runs this facility at the manager level & above & should be addressed ASAP. Extreme amounts of overtime worked by salaried supervisors without any form of compensation or appreciation from upper management. Progression raises are based on "the buddy system" instead of merit.
Pros
Cons
too many
Great place to work!
Superintendent-Press Department/Student (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 18, 2015
Goodman is a great place to work! Internal upward mobility is encouraged. They offer competitive pay, good benefits, and a great work environment. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to work their way up the ranks.
Employment Review
Lean Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance- While working @Goodman the budget only allowed me 40 hours a week. If you was in assembly you was require to work 12hrs a day during peak season. Non peak season you would be lucky to get 40 and temps would most likely be let go.

Compensation/benefits- I started out at a lot less than my previous job. Understandable because I was filling a role where there was lack of experience. I quickly gained the experience and was not given the compensation. Later trained an employee that started at max pay for this position.

Management- Company was bought out and a lot of management was let go or quit. There was lack of management in my department. Was never given daily/weekly task, goal or objectives. I was thrown in a position and taught myself.
Pros
Free ice cream, Free Lunches
Cons
Limited overtime, Low pay
Terribly Work Place
Not available (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
It's a difficult take to fully elaborate on how awful of a work environment Goodman Manufacturing offers to its employees. Just know that there is no one in the company that actually likes working here. Here's a brief list:

- Frequent over time for salary without compensation
- Mediocre insurance benefits
- Unorganized upper management
- Minimal vacation
- Unrealistic deadlines
- Detrimental environment to health (air pollution)
- Building literally has cinder blocks falling from walls occasionally.
- Unregulated forklift traffic
- No employees in my time here have received any advancement

I don't have a single good thing to say about the company. My list could go on, but it's depressing writing this.
Pros
Cons
Many
very hot and not good management.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNAugust 24, 2016
I hated working there the temperatures were unbelievable it was 160 in there granted they did keep us with coozies to keep us cool and water popsicles etc. but they expected so much out of us and it's hard to do when it's over a hundred degrees in side the building other than that it was a good place to work.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too hot.
Terrible Middle Managers
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Their systems are antiquated, people are overworked, and their goals and direction are ludicrous. The middle managers will constantly blame others for their mistakes. The upper managers are kept in the dark about what is really going on. The people on the production floor are paid poorly and worked to death. It is normal to work 7 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day. Hope you are single with no responsibilities.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many to name.
Very Busy Fast Paced Environment
Warehouse Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of long hours, no central air or heating, continuously lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job were the different people you built relationships with, they became like family.
Pros
Lots of hours, paid every week, chance for being hired on with company
Cons
No central air or heating
Work conditions were not the bestt for producttion, but we made it fun
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNOctober 23, 2015
I liked my job at Goodman's MFG. It had it's ups and downs, as does all jobs. The factory is closing anytime, therefore the opportunity for advancement is null and void. Making air conditioners was fun, but like I said, the conditions in the factory was horrible, over 100 in the summer, no fans, dirty, freezing in the winter, below 20 in some areas, no heaters. Parts would run dry, or made improperly so work load increased, hours were hit and miss during these times, only 6 PTO days a year and 1 week vacation that had to be used during plant shut down at Christmas. My co-workers were great, we made it fun. We had a great boss, he made it fun too. That made it bearable. But, it's factory work.
Pros
When you win a job bid, your pay does go up significantly.
Cons
Mandatory 7 day work weeks, sometimes 10-12 hr days, and can't take a day off without receiving a point
Peak production based company.
Brazer/Heavy Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
Very busy work day and production based. Company will train the right candidates on job set and skills for advancement.
Poor managment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 16, 2016
In my opinion it was ran poorly a lot of the production wasn't fit to sale or ship but was sent out anyways wasn't very safe work environment good co workers but management and engineering made decisions that didn't make sense to most empolyees
A great place work as well as learn new skills and training
ICS Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
Assemble AC coils as well as RF scan product to be sent to customer. Read, supply, and build material for the coils to be made. Monitor product from start to finish, ensuring material is in compliance before shipment is sent to customer. Make daily schedules for the operation.
wonderful experience
Brazer, Machine Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
it was a wonderful experience working with such great company and I learnt a lot. it was a challenging task but the help of the management and of course my dedication, I was able to put more and achieve a lot.
Pros
sometime, free launches
Cons
breaks
Shipping clerk/IN-bound and out-bound trucks (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
I worked there for 10 months before I moved out of state. Other than that its a ok job to work. Hours are cut during winter months so its hard to make a living there.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough hours during the winter months.
Check this Out
Assembling Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
its hot, no pay, no consistent, and they talk to you any kind of way. I would not reccomend anyone to work here. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Pros
its a job
Cons
very low pay, in hot working conditions
forklift/material handler
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 30, 2016
I love to load and unload trucks,i had to process all out going orders for delivery,It was a very fun job simply because i love to stay busy....I am also a dedicated worker and i learn very fast........