Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Forklift Driver- Wrapper (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Busy place not large enough, 10 hr days. good people to work with.
Fast paced work environment with many opportunities to flex you skill sets
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Goodman MFG is the most demanding company you will ever work for. The company is stable and growing so there is definitely stability. The fast paced environment can be a challenge. If you learn the culture and build a team you can be highly successful.
Productive but lacked team work.
AP Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
The days where productive but lacked team work from different departments which happens in large companys. Co-worker where great to work around. But I felt I had come to the end of my growth with the company and want to spread my wings and look in a different dirction.
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep/Warehouse (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 23, 2014
Goodman is a great company to work for, however the management is not so great. Manager would scream, cuss, yell in front of customers. Was not a team player. Would yell if mistakes were made but if he made a mistake it was no big deal. I worked for the company for 5 years and never had any issues until I worked for this one location.

Job security – more... not so great. When issues arose I asked for a transfer and even a demotion to get away from this manager and was denied. – less
Hard work and hard co workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 4, 2014
Pros: always busy, good pay.
Cons: always busy, favoritism between co workers, hazing new employees, hot workdays in the summer.
Warehouse type of setting with a small store in the front. Strict time limits on assignments while getting piled up with a number of other assignments. Training is very vague and limited and the rest is up to you to learn. Like most warehouse jobs I've worked in, there's an obvious amount of favoritism between co workers and the summers can be brutal – more... since there is no air conditioning in the warehouse whatsoever. Management isn't bad but isn't great either. – less
Lots for Learning for Daikin
Service Representative / Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston TexasSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: short breaks and parking
Goodman was just bought out by Daikin which is based Japan. Goodman has been in operation for a long time. I did learn how to multitask it was alot of material to cover with the Daikin Products. Coworkers were great. Management needs to be improved.
nice working environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: very competitive
Cons: management sometimes are slow in carry out project
This company really cares about its staff. The day always starts with 15 minutes of stretching to keep the body healthy. There is a very good safety program in place that is there first priority. The staff are easy to get along with and are very supportive.
Great place to work at
Warranty Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: constantley changing computer software
Great place to work at great benefits and room for growth. Great people to work with
welders beware!!!!!!!!!
welder (Former Employee), houston txJuly 30, 2014
Pros: going home at 630
Cons: youre getting a paycheck
Worst company every WELDERS BE VERY CAREFUL WORKING HERE YOU WILL NOT BE WELDING MOST OF THE TIME YOU'LL BE DOING MAINTENANCE WORK all of those posts you see before this one that looks so good and sweet are someone in the office writing them believe me I fell for it
Repetitive
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
worked on the assembly line making A/c units. If one person backed up the line the whole process would be stopped and we would have to wait it was cleared.
ups and downs but what company doesent former louver press operator
former louver press opertaor (Former Employee), cooling and furnace plant employee sheetmetalJuly 20, 2014
Pros: lunches vacation pay and holiday off time
Cons: inconsistent schedules and heat
I worked at goodman from 1998 until 2010 been through many changes with them worked for both cooling and furnace my department was good to work for with pretty solid managment its a seasonal buisness so best work all the overtime when given because tough times come through the fall its very hot in the summer and cold in the winter overall its a good – more... place to work for i plan on returning soon – less
Professional friendly environment
Assisting callers (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: jeans on friday
Cons: n/a
A typical day consists of multitasking along with assisting customers over the phone. I learned how to manage myself by performing assignments from other departments. Co workers are very friendly and helpful. There is nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Productive and educational
Customer Service Representative, Major Accounts (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: allot of favortisim
Good pay, good hours and good people. We would get together and have pot lucks, celebrate birthdays and baby showers. Made some good friends while I worked there.
too hot to work at
AC unit part assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: hot place to work at
hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at hot place to work at
Overall a good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 31, 2014
I worked at Goodman for two summers and I have to say it was hot! Temperatures reached over 100 degrees farenheit. If you can get through the high temperatures it is a nice place to work.
.Above average working condition and compensation.
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Fayetteville Tn.May 31, 2014
Pros: decent working conditions and good compensation
Cons: cigna insurance is only mediocre!
Normally a very busy day, covering a plant that is almost 1 million square feet with well over 1000 employees. Lots of older equipment, but since the new owners took over, upgrading on a regular basis. This is my second time at Goodman. Lots of support from my superiors, but the hourly employees have a bad attitude, they resist change at every corner. – more... The union has spoiled them. Many couldn't work anywhere else. – less
All work no play
National Parts Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
Not an enjoyable place to be. The more you give them, the more they want...and no raises to go with that!
Goodman MFG
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Each day is different at Goodman MFG but like any other job it has it's positives and it's negatives. In my area I manage up to 120 people a day in fabrication. Working here has helped refine my skills because it's such a fast paced environment you always have to be ready to go for any situation.
Very fast paced/Productive
Sheet Metal Operator (Current Employee), dayton tnMarch 18, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: expect change every few months
Be efficient in producing quality sheet metal parts for
hvac units. Taught the proper way to run/maintain progressive press/Amada/breakpress. Hardest part of the job, setting progression and making sure it holds. The employees are very helpful and work as a team.
A good place to milk the clock but not to advance.
Material Handler/ Inventory Control (Current Employee), HOUSTONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good but blind managers
After a long career. I joined Goodman (HPC) about 2 years ago. I have one of the worst jobs over there as called (Slave job). I have submitted more than 30 applications to move up but I never had the chance to be interviewed NOT ONCE !.

It looks like there is an internal rule at Goodman hiring department "No chances for the warehouse or distribution – more... centers employees".

I have addressed my concern to the high ranking ppl or the ppl that were supposed to assist me, but it never happened. I should have checked with the VIP " J.G" I really like him.

Goodman seems to be outsourcing experienced ppl but they do ignore completely about the in house employees. During this last two years I've learned that growing or improving at Goodman Mfg is not by your skills, experience, passion, devotion, knowledge, dedication, ethics or what so ever BUT by recommendation or by whom you know. It is really sad because I've seen such behavior in third world countries. Are we too??. – less

1 2 3

About Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Manufacturing knows how to cool off a hot situation. The company makes heating, ventilation,¬†and air conditioning (HVAC) – Read more