Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employment Review
Lean Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free ice cream, Free Lunches
Cons: Limited overtime, Low pay
Job Work/Life Balance- While working @Goodman the budget only allowed me 40 hours a week. If you was in assembly you was require to work 12hrs a day during peak season. Non peak season you would be lucky to get 40 and temps would most likely be let go.

Compensation/benefits- I started out at a lot less than my previous job. Understandable because I was filling a role where there was lack of experience. I quickly gained the experience and was not given the compensation. Later trained an employee that started at max pay for this position.

Management- Company was bought out and a lot of management was let go or quit. There was lack of management in my department. Was never given daily/weekly task, goal or objectives. I was thrown in a position and taught myself.
Temporary Assignment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
This was an temporary assignment. The time that I spent with the company was good. The pay was low but the hours were good. There was a period of downtime where we were placed off for 2 weeks.
Branch Management and Product Specialist
Product Specialist for OEM/HVAC manufacturer (Former Employee), Fayetteville TNApril 21, 2015
Pros: able to research all internal manuals and data
Cons: follow through with promotion and moves for existing employees, only drawback
Good work dealing with decision making. A good company providing some opportunities.
Responsible for all furnace updates (manuals, bulletins, technical questions)
Worked closely with Furnace engineers and manufacturing.
Great company to work for. Great learning oportunity.
Director of International Business Development (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Goodman used to be a family owned business. After couple of M&A still cultivate the same business model. Goodman is a leader in cost value HVAC proposition.
Good work environment
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), HMarch 27, 2015
Great team work, but management is for themselves. No opportunity for advancement and definitely low compensation compared to work duties.
has its pros and cons
Mechanical CAD Engineer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, TNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: laid back and nice ppl to work with
Cons: short lunches and weird hours, closing fayetteville location
Corporate has already decided to shutter the Dayton and Fayetteville locations, mgmt. is already backfilling engineering groups with people from India that they have to provide work authorizations to......basically slave labor to have them come to this country and take our jobs.
Steady Workflow
Coil Winder (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: paid time off
Cons: split-shift
This was the job that taught me to be patient and to always take a second look at my work. I really became a steadfast worker and more determined.
na
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2015
ok place to work the environment is very stressful and untrusted. The management now has no respect for the employees its like being in high school
productive
order puller (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
fast paced
loved driving forklift and filling customer orders. Working with UPS and Fed EX delivery systems was a very unique experience.
A great place to pick up new skills
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
typical day is busy and very productive. while working here i learned how to be fast with my hands. the co-workers here are great. the hardest thing about this job is being able to endure the climate.
All Engineersare Indian with Green cards so they set the salery ceiling
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Engineering is very clickish with the Indian engineers always protecting themselves like in a union. Very hard to advance or even take any kind of leadership role with their domination.
n/a
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I loved the fact that the company became a national distributor from only doing domestic distribution.
very fast paced assembly work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: laid off at 89 days
it was very fast paced assembling of ac units. 8 to 12 hour days. When an employ reaches their 89th day of employment 9 out of 10 times they are laid off.
Learning about the air conditioning business
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: over time
Cons: summer very busy
Very high volume incoming calls. Learned how to multi task more and spend my time equally in daily tasks. Worked with a very good team of co-workers.
Productive Role
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TX 77040January 20, 2015
Pros: no limit on overtime
Cons: healthcare
Working at Goodman, I enjoyed my position as a assistant manager/ recruiter I gained allot of experience. I dealt with filling orders for customers, allot of data entry entering invoices, billing and placing orders. Recruiting our staffing needs, setting up job fairs, interviewing candidates for required positions needed, processing paperwork. Chief of Safety Team, Different responsibilities but I really like to stay productive and always love a challenge!
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Operating a machine. I learned valuable information each day. Management is strict on safety and protocol procedure. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with increasing paperwork and high rates of production.
Shutting down in 3years !
Assembly (Current Employee), FayettevilleJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: closing doors in 3 years !
Why apply for a job that will be not be around in 3 years . Thanks ! Work your shift and go home . A lot of turnover. Pay is ok for the area. Union company.
Fast paced, safety and quality focused manufacturing facility
QUALITY ENGINEER / SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 10, 2015
Employer allows for career growth through gaining experiences in multiple areas of the plant (wiring, plastics, paint applications, sheet metal forming, assembly, inspection). Also, Goodman has a great team of engineers that work closely together in problem solving, personnel development, and customer relations.
Forklift Driver/ Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Wonderful company. Great co-workers. Best hours to work if you love overtime.
Fast paced
Forklift Driver- Wrapper (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Busy place not large enough, 10 hr days. good people to work with.

1 2 3 4

About Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Manufacturing knows how to cool off a hot situation. The company makes heating, ventilation,¬†and air conditioning (HVAC) – Read more