Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to pick up new skills
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
typical day is busy and very productive. while working here i learned how to be fast with my hands. the co-workers here are great. the hardest thing about this job is being able to endure the climate.
All Engineersare Indian with Green cards so they set the salery ceiling
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Engineering is very clickish with the Indian engineers always protecting themselves like in a union. Very hard to advance or even take any kind of leadership role with their domination.
n/a
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I loved the fact that the company became a national distributor from only doing domestic distribution.
very fast paced assembly work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: laid off at 89 days
it was very fast paced assembling of ac units. 8 to 12 hour days. When an employ reaches their 89th day of employment 9 out of 10 times they are laid off.
Learning about the air conditioning business
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: over time
Cons: summer very busy
Very high volume incoming calls. Learned how to multi task more and spend my time equally in daily tasks. Worked with a very good team of co-workers.
Productive Role
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TX 77040January 20, 2015
Pros: no limit on overtime
Cons: healthcare
Working at Goodman, I enjoyed my position as a assistant manager/ recruiter I gained allot of experience. I dealt with filling orders for customers, allot of data entry entering invoices, billing and placing orders. Recruiting our staffing needs, setting up job fairs, interviewing candidates for required positions needed, processing paperwork. Chief of Safety Team, Different responsibilities but I really like to stay productive and always love a challenge!
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Operating a machine. I learned valuable information each day. Management is strict on safety and protocol procedure. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with increasing paperwork and high rates of production.
Shutting down in 3years !
Assembly (Current Employee), FayettevilleJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: closing doors in 3 years !
Why apply for a job that will be not be around in 3 years . Thanks ! Work your shift and go home . A lot of turnover. Pay is ok for the area. Union company.
Fast paced, safety and quality focused manufacturing facility
QUALITY ENGINEER / SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Fayetteville, TNJanuary 10, 2015
Employer allows for career growth through gaining experiences in multiple areas of the plant (wiring, plastics, paint applications, sheet metal forming, assembly, inspection). Also, Goodman has a great team of engineers that work closely together in problem solving, personnel development, and customer relations.
Forklift Driver/ Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Wonderful company. Great co-workers. Best hours to work if you love overtime.
Fast paced
Forklift Driver- Wrapper (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Busy place not large enough, 10 hr days. good people to work with.
Fast paced work environment with many opportunities to flex you skill sets
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Goodman MFG is the most demanding company you will ever work for. The company is stable and growing so there is definitely stability. The fast paced environment can be a challenge. If you learn the culture and build a team you can be highly successful.
Productive but lacked team work.
AP Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
The days where productive but lacked team work from different departments which happens in large companys. Co-worker where great to work around. But I felt I had come to the end of my growth with the company and want to spread my wings and look in a different dirction.
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep/Warehouse (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 23, 2014
Goodman is a great company to work for, however the management is not so great. Manager would scream, cuss, yell in front of customers. Was not a team player. Would yell if mistakes were made but if he made a mistake it was no big deal. I worked for the company for 5 years and never had any issues until I worked for this one location.

Job security not so great. When issues arose I asked for a transfer and even a demotion to get away from this manager and was denied.
Hard work and hard co workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 4, 2014
Pros: always busy, good pay.
Cons: always busy, favoritism between co workers, hazing new employees, hot workdays in the summer.
Warehouse type of setting with a small store in the front. Strict time limits on assignments while getting piled up with a number of other assignments. Training is very vague and limited and the rest is up to you to learn. Like most warehouse jobs I've worked in, there's an obvious amount of favoritism between co workers and the summers can be brutal since there is no air conditioning in the warehouse whatsoever. Management isn't bad but isn't great either.
Lots for Learning for Daikin
Service Representative / Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston TexasSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: short breaks and parking
Goodman was just bought out by Daikin which is based Japan. Goodman has been in operation for a long time. I did learn how to multitask it was alot of material to cover with the Daikin Products. Coworkers were great. Management needs to be improved.
nice working environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: very competitive
Cons: management sometimes are slow in carry out project
This company really cares about its staff. The day always starts with 15 minutes of stretching to keep the body healthy. There is a very good safety program in place that is there first priority. The staff are easy to get along with and are very supportive.
Great place to work at
Warranty Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: constantley changing computer software
Great place to work at great benefits and room for growth. Great people to work with
welders beware!!!!!!!!!
welder (Former Employee), houston txJuly 30, 2014
Pros: going home at 630
Cons: youre getting a paycheck
Worst company every WELDERS BE VERY CAREFUL WORKING HERE YOU WILL NOT BE WELDING MOST OF THE TIME YOU'LL BE DOING MAINTENANCE WORK all of those posts you see before this one that looks so good and sweet are someone in the office writing them believe me I fell for it
Repetitive
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
worked on the assembly line making A/c units. If one person backed up the line the whole process would be stopped and we would have to wait it was cleared.

1 2 3 4

About Goodman Goodman Manufacturing Company

Goodman Manufacturing knows how to cool off a hot situation. The company makes heating, ventilation,¬†and air conditioning (HVAC) – Read more