GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

A fun yet discipline place to start.
Marketing Promotional Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 14, 2015
People often believe that working fast food is bad, but it really teaches you the power of teamwork and the effectiveness of time management. You meet a lot of people and learn from their experiences, which in turn, will aid you greatly i the future.
Pros
Lunches, and coworkers.
Cons
This job was the most positive, healthy and motivating environment.
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Goodlife, There was a lot of benifits such as having a free membership and being able to work out, and also gaining knowledge on how to train myself from trained and professional personal trainers.
Pros
I loved how healthy it made me.
Cons
I didn't necessarily like cleaning up the dirty towels so much but hey!
A day at Goodlife
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  markville mallSeptember 10, 2015
A day at Goodlife is never the same from the previous day. At one moment it can go from completely dead to a rush of people entering the gym. I started working for Goodlife in 2011, the company has helped me grow and develop my communication skills. I was able to quickly learn our check in system and our member information index. I very much enjoyed all my co workers and even training them in paperwork and handling large amounts of money.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
limiting room to move up in the company
The fattest fitness corporation I've ever worked for
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 26, 2015
GoodLife is very good at making money. As a personal trainer you have zero job security and will not begin making any real money until you level up to level three and above. What is required to level up seems to be very straight-forward, however upper management can stop you from leveling up if your numbers don't meet their expectations.
Typically you will work a split shift, 3 or 4 clients in the morning and 4 or 5 clients in the evening, if you have a full roster of clients that is.
I learned some valuable information through some of the advertised courses through GoodLife. These courses are expensive however and often require you to travel to them.
Management tends to have no training in human resources or general management at all. Those managing personal trainers have no job security either and are under constant stress to expand their numbers, making their lives difficult, and your lives difficult.
Your coworkers are often uneducated people hired as PT's off the floor because they look fit. This tends to make for some terrible training and workplace drama
Constantly fighting to keep a full schedule is the hardest part of this job
The best part of this job is working with your clients and seeing their progress.
Pros
Decent entry level wage, opportunities to advance
Cons
Hours not guaranteed, management is bad, bureaucracy in the corporation is terrible, work place drama.
Great workplace great employees, organized enviroment
Customer Service Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
Working in a week around 40 hours, main objective customer retention, but dealing with cross functional departments on a day to day basis. Meeting with employees for 10 minutes before their shift starts.
Pros
Great environment
Fun and excting worplace
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work with great co workers and management. This is a great place to grow and develop skills related to the sales industry.
Instructor-Group Exercise (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 13, 2015
A great place to work - very professional atmosphere and wonderful peers. Fitness is a very integral part of my life and I enjoy the role very much.
Fun environment to work in
Overnight Motivator (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 6, 2015
The boss at the company was the owner and he was very easy to get along with and made coming to work fun. While there I was working full time and doing University full time and playing hockey full time and I was super busy. This is what I think I loved the most about this job was how busy it kept me and employing only 4 employees we were a tight group that made the best of some bad situations.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
The pay and opportunity for advancement
Motivator at GoodLife Fitness
Motivator (Former Employee) –  North YorkAugust 5, 2015
Checking people in, assisting newcomers. A very unique experience. The hardest part of the job was to handle angry customers. The most enjoyable part was to see happy customers.
Pros
free access to all gym facilities
Not worth it
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  windsorAugust 5, 2015
The job seems really intriguing but the hours are long and the management can be sort of brutal at times. It's hard to establish what you're actually getting paid for as well which is kind of annoying
Pros
free membership
encouraging, fun, safe environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2015
Helping clients achieve their health and fitness goals was the best part of the job. Seeing their faces light up after being able to do a specific exercise was amazing.
Pros
one big family
Cons
manager
Very fun place to work at, lively peolpe and culture
Customer Service Representative/Child Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2015
smiles, smile and more smiles. friendly gesture shown through out the club while members enjoy their exercise. staff members always find grounds to get along no matter the situation.
Pros
non
Cons
non
A great part time job to allow for felxability
Customer Service Representative (Motivator) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
Goodlife offers a lot of flexibility in terms of schedule. the kind of laid back environment at Goodlife makes making positive work relationships. Goodlife also offers many opportunities to move to different positions within the company.
Pros
flexable hours, advancement options
Cons
long hours, limited trainning
excellent
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
working with company is always exciting. great people and customers as well. The club allows you to be who your are without judgement and if you need help someone is always there to assist you. Also need a healthy drink theres a juice bar next door.
Pros
free use of the gym
Cons
n/a
Productive, fun place with an amazing atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJuly 9, 2015
Co-workers are amazingly friendly. Members are friendly. Overall it's a great place to work because of the flexibility of the shifts and the environment.
Part time better than full time
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 6, 2015
Part time is better than full time because for personal trainers they don't pay hourly. as an instructor they will pay for all the classes you teach
Overall positive environment among colleagues
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
Working during peak club hours can often become very hectic, with constant multi-tasking. I have learned quite a bit more about the fitness industry and I am an expert towel folder now. I love my co-workers, they are mostly fun and like minded individuals. Management needs major improvement. Most employee requests or suggestions go unanswered or simply ignored. The hardest part of the job is the lack of staffing during peak hours, definitely a struggle at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our members and encouraging them to improve their lives.
Pros
free gym membership for family or friends after a year
Cons
difficulty switching late night shifts when needed
Productive , fun , good management
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  BramptonJune 22, 2015
Improved my communication skills ,
Imporved my multi tasking skills
Management is excellent
Most enjoyable part of the job is interracting with many people that come in.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Wages
Productive and fun workplace with gym equipment inside.
Receptionist /Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dunfield Club, Toronto OntarioJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be working the front desk, signing people in, answering phone calls and questions.
I learned how to multitask and handle difficult people. How to work in a team with strangers.
Management was easy and laid back. Not really strict.
My coworkers were friendly, nice and, approachable. Willing to help and answer questions if I had any.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stay occupied during the slow periods of work.
Enjoyable part of the job was working with fun, laid back people and being able workout during your breaks.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
May have shifts were nothing is happening
Fun place with fun people
Personal Trainer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 18, 2015
Very off and on for being busy. I learned how to open up and be comfortable with strangers. Loved keeping busy and making the day go by quicker.