GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Beware! Be willing to work for free
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Weston/401, TorontoOctober 19, 2012
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: long hours - very low pay
Expected to be at work over 60 hours a week - Mon-Fri from 9am to 9pm and half day either Saturday or Sunday and get paid only $200 (if you are lucky)! No benefits! A lot of selling!
Sales based with targets
Fitness Manager (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCOctober 16, 2012
Pros: membership
Cons: hidden agendas
Great company with some great people. There are hidden agendas at Goodlife and is based on Amway's pyramid of pay in some cases.
Great Company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Woodstock, OnOctober 12, 2012
Enjoy working there for as long as I did. Great atmosphere and members
Great company to work for
Member Ambassador (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONOctober 3, 2012
This was a great company to work for as there were a lot of opportunities to advance.
Great place as a beginning opportunity
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Harwood PlazaSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: membership, access to all classes and amenities at the club
Cons: lack of visibility for the professionals (trainers area, massage or chiro clinic)
If you're on an hourly wage, you'll find working here great. Depending on the location, people are friendly, you get a membership to keep yourself healthy & new faces are always walking through the door. The team at this location is amazing!
great core values and independent working atmosphere
Membership Consultant (Current Employee), dartmouth, nsSeptember 25, 2012
Days consist of call canvas' with an end result of booking appointments, meeting with said appointments and creating leads to carry your business along. learned about working independently and towards specific goals. Management is good, along with training. Co-workers are great, one of the better parts of the job. Not being able to control certian aspects – more... of the job, sales pressure. helping people. – less
It's good living the Goodlife!
Fitness Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2012
I Love working for Goodlife. Loved it when I was a PT and love it now. Great company and great culture
Run!!
Personal trainer (Former Employee), Manitoba, WinnipegSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: great clients & fellow employees
Cons: everything!!
Horrible! Don't work for this company unless you want to work for free. After you calculate all the free work you do for them in a week, you only average about $10/hr if you're lucky!! No benefits! No overtime! Complete micro -management!
Money over Results, Clients over People
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Barton 201September 11, 2012
Pros: you get to meet some very interesting clients who become your friends.
Cons: too many to mention.
They dont care. Every Trainers Meeting was about who is paying this week. It was never once about how close the clients were to reaching their goals.

And the management are tied down by these ridiculous rules.

The wont allow you to do what is right for the client and furthermore, they overcharge and put contracts which only stress out the client.

I – more... would never work out or work for another GoodLife again. – less
Sometimes productive with a slow workk place environment
Service Team Leader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: meeting and interacting with new people
Cons: slow days
Typical day at work:
-Greet members
-Answer phones
-Book appointments
-Having all my staff at the front with the right knowledge
-Make schedules
-Meetings
-Sales

Managemnt:
Not the greatest, does not care about his/her employees. Approaches people in the wrong way

Co-workes:
They are all amazing and very friendly and we all get along just perfect

Nothing – more... hard about the job

Enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new and excisting members each and every day – less
Customer Serivce
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: sales experience & building report with members
Cons: the push to sell, sell
Typlical day at work buliding report with members, welcome members into the club by signing them in, signing them up for tanning, answering phone calls, working with membership consultants to help them sign new members up, same with personal trainers help them get new clients, promote programs and promotions, wash towels, clean tanning beds, sell tanning – more... lotions, take members on tours, unload products on delivery days.

Hardest part was selling tanning and proshop items. Comission add ons to hourly wadge sometimes difficult to reach your goal when you have constant members.

Best part getting to know the members, becoming their friends and supporting them to reach and achieve their goals. – less
awesome experience, sad to leave
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Child Care Provider, Waterloo Weber St.August 17, 2012
unfortunately the child care centres within the GoodLife Fitness corporation is no longer their focus, due to its lack of ability to bring in a lot of money, due to this they should either pull it from the company completely, or pay the child care employee's what they deserve, and provide them with the hours they need.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioAugust 14, 2012
Pros: helping to watch childrent learn and grow
Cons: non-paid
I used to volunteer with the JUMP! Kids Room. It was enjoyble. I played with the children, helped them with lunch, did arts and crafts with them and kept them entertained so their mothers can do their workout.
Typical Gym
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), PickeringAugust 13, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
I learned a lot about business from the staff at GoodLife. Working there helped me better myself physically.
Decent Wages, Focuses on Wealth over Health and client results
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary AB - Canyon MeadowsJuly 31, 2012
The wages and commissions are great - they at least compensate their trainers that way. The expectation of hours is unrealistic to maintain without burning out. Upper management (corporate management) creates tense environments with club managements that trickles down to club staff. Not a team environment or enjoyable work environment. Jobs were regularly – more... threatened if monthly goals were not met. Trainers expected to sell sessions based on dollar values and not clients needs/goals. – less
Awful Work Environment
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2012
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: long hours, low pay, poor management
The company is not interested in its customers and servicing them anymore, it has grown too fast and is now filling its managerial roles with inexperienced and unqualified people. Its become an entirely sales driven environment, with few benefits for the sales teams and trainers who do the majority of the work, while the managers who are supposed to – more... assist these teams do little while reaping the rewards. – less
Fun place to work at
Membership Consultant (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 17, 2012
Pros: learned and developed professionally
Cons: long hours
I learned to recognize business opportunities and how to connect with people of different backgrounds to identify their needs and goals in a fitness setting. The management of the club did not necessarily live the core values of the company at times but relationships were created none the less. The hardest part of the job is finding a work - life balance – more... as it is a sales based position and it feels like you are always working. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting involved in the fitness aspect and making it a part of my own personal life. – less
Great team and positive environment
FITNESS MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: long hours
I was managing an average of 15 personal trainers. Daily I would meet with each personal trainer and help them with any certain issues they were having. I would do a lot of role play in different scenarios to coach them through consults, sales, client issues, phone calls, etc.

It is a revenue driven business which I would manage the sales on the month, – more... our daily appointments, generating new business, and renewing clients. I would goal set monthly with each associate and ensure they are on pace throughout the month.

I would also have time set aside to do reports on service, and sales for our club and for individual trainers. I would also spend time on the floor to monitor clients session and trainer professionalism.

Hardest part to the job was the long hours.
Most enjoyable part to the job was coaching individuals and seeing them suceed.

I learned how to manage a variety of different individuals and work with them to ensure they were successful. – less
GoodLife makes it easy!
Customer Service/Fitness Trainer (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 15, 2012
GoodLife is a good company to work for! GoodLife is a fast paced enviornment that has helped me develop my customer service skills. I have many duties here and have had a chance to do a little bit of everything, such as

•Answered telephone calls, cold calls, booked appointments and toured prospective individuals.
•New membership prospecting, follow – more... up and sales
•Generated membership leads through community events, outreach, etc.
•Assisted prospects with purchasing memberships, personal training and tanning, while meeting a sales target
•Created contracts and other legal bindings
•Handled paper work and filing.
•Handled cash, debit and credit while selling items.

I love sales and I love fitness, but I also love law! (recent law graduate) – less
Fast paced and results focused
General Manager (Former Employee), ScarboroughApril 26, 2012
Pros: free membership
Cons: high pressure
Working for GoodLife was a great experience for me. I learned a lot about human nature and sales. I also learned a lot about Fitness. It was my first Management job and the gave me plenty of time to 'figure it out'. The money was great if you could sell.

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more