GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Awful Work Environment
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2012
The company is not interested in its customers and servicing them anymore, it has grown too fast and is now filling its managerial roles with inexperienced and unqualified people. Its become an entirely sales driven environment, with few benefits for the sales teams and trainers who do the majority of the work, while the managers who are supposed to assist these teams do little while reaping the rewards.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor management
amazing
Personal Trainer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work in because of the supportive management. It has helped me personally grow into a fine personal trainer and a person. Most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Sales is all they care about
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 15, 2016
In a 40 hour week of personal training training, 1 hour was spent shadowing the manager train someone, at least 6 hours was spent talking about price presentation and sales tactics. All they care about is sales and pressuring you to find clients or else you can't go home
Pros
Nothing is worth it
Cons
Everything about the job
Productive and fun workplace with gym equipment inside.
Receptionist /Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dunfield Club, Toronto OntarioJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be working the front desk, signing people in, answering phone calls and questions.
I learned how to multitask and handle difficult people. How to work in a team with strangers.
Management was easy and laid back. Not really strict.
My coworkers were friendly, nice and, approachable. Willing to help and answer questions if I had any.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stay occupied during the slow periods of work.
Enjoyable part of the job was working with fun, laid back people and being able workout during your breaks.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
May have shifts were nothing is happening
Fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 10, 2016
It was really fun working with these guys however it was rather too short for a campaign position for marketing.

there was little supervision however, we all performed above expectations.
Pros
membership
Cons
too short of a day
This job was the most positive, healthy and motivating environment.
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Goodlife, There was a lot of benifits such as having a free membership and being able to work out, and also gaining knowledge on how to train myself from trained and professional personal trainers.
Pros
I loved how healthy it made me.
Cons
I didn't necessarily like cleaning up the dirty towels so much but hey!
fun people to work with
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2016
The most fun and most stressful job I've ever had. Fun people to work with, amazing feeling to see a member see results. But commission levels suck big time. Very repetitive meetings at 11am and then again at 3pm.
Fun environment to work in
Overnight Motivator (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 6, 2015
The boss at the company was the owner and he was very easy to get along with and made coming to work fun. While there I was working full time and doing University full time and playing hockey full time and I was super busy. This is what I think I loved the most about this job was how busy it kept me and employing only 4 employees we were a tight group that made the best of some bad situations.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
The pay and opportunity for advancement
it was a horrible place to work
Fitness Advisor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Job Sucks it was horrible no life balance. I had no day my co workers are great but manager tamer is no good. I had to work 9-9 basically all the time and the manager always told me to get a new haircut. I didn't learn anything.
Fun workplace with opportunity for advancement
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Great culture and the company adapts well with changing workforce. Days are very busy and there are often no down times during the day. Most that work for the company have the same values and personality type. Fun place to work.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
management works long hours with no pay off
boring workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 4, 2015
6/10 was okay, not as lively as I thought it would be. Co-workers were good people,learned how to time manage, management was not the best, lacked in some areas, typical day at work would be to check if there is soap, paper towels, clean up equipment, dust down equipment.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
work is too slow
Very Supportive Company
General manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonApril 22, 2013
I started as an AGM and was promoted to GM. I love my job!
There is a lot of room for advancement and they give you all the tools you need to be successful. They offer employees the opportunity to take extra courses which have made me a better manager and person !
Those of you who wrote negative comments were obviously not in it for the right reasons. Yes, there is pressure to make sales so why apply for a sales if you don't enjoy the challenge?? Not everyone will get along with their manager but chances are if you do your job you won't have any issues ;)
If you are passionate about helping people ,the sales Will come with it , which equals $$$.
You will get out what you put in.
Pros
free memberships, healthy lifestyle, ongoing support, advancement, fun
Cons
work life balance, which is expected when working full time
Corp Office not great to work at
home office (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 13, 2013
Salary is significantly lower than market value and no one in upper management seems to care - work way too much and too hard for what is paid. Benefits are alright if you're single, but as soon as you add dependents, there goea half of your paycheque. Yes, you do get a free membership...let's be honest, it doesn't cost them anything for this.

Management was the worst ever worked for - no motivation, inspiration, communication sucked, and they do not support ideas for change. You can go to HR about issues, but they don't do anything to help their staff.

The major positive is that the majority of people working there are actually great and fun people - def made the job easier to deal with.

The co is growing to fast for what they can handle, and they are so technologically behind it's like living in the dark ages.
Pros
free membership, people, casual dresscode
Cons
management, pay, benefits, technology, office building
Fun, Productive Workplace Environment
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 12, 2015
Making a difference in peoples lives by getting them on a program to be healthy is the most rewarding feeling in the world.

You get intensive training and guidance from your management team.
Amazing Culture!
LEARNING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
GoodLife is an amazing place to work with a big focus on culture. Each and every associate should love and breathe the GoodLife core values to really be successful.
Great place to work if you like to be bullied and harrssed by management!!!
CA (Current Employee) –  St. John'sNovember 18, 2012
This company talks about living the Goodlife and talks about core values and work/life balance. That is all it is! TALK!!! Once they rope you in to work there they bully and harass people into what they think is you doing your job! They will lower your self esteem and make you feel that you are inadequate at doing your job!

If you want to feel like a number for the company that you work for, you want to be bullied, harassed and feel inadequate about your work abilities, and work for less than min. wage (for the hours they require you to work and for what they pay you AND they don't follow labour standards) and poor management - then this is the company for YOU!!!
Pros
some of the best co-workers i have met
Cons
see below!!!
Toxic corporate environment where money is placed above people
Trainer (Former Employee) –  BCJune 2, 2014
In all the years that I have been working in the Health and Fitness industry, I have never witnessed such disregard for the associates' needs for balance in their lives. Pressure sales with an extremely high dollar per agreement value. People are paying for trainers that are not even certified and/or have any experience, however, charge premium rates. Although the facilities are well maintained and a lot of the staff are nice, young and eager people, it isn't long before the environment becomes toxic with complaints and fear of management. I advise new trainers to find a way to begin their careers by working for smaller companies that will nurture their professional growth. If this company is your first exposure to the fitness industry, I am afraid that you will not see the best of our industry; you will see the complete opposite of what makes fitness so amazing.
Pros
free membership
Cons
poor/fear base management
very productive
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  ajaxOctober 1, 2015
Level 2 Personal Trainer
GoodLife Fitness Club, Ajax, ON (Contract) 2014

Maintained a portfolio of 3-5 consistent personal training clients
Sold numerous ‘boot camp’ programs to potential long-term training clients
Used my specialize service of stretching as a means to bring added value and overall holistic training to my clients
Prospected for new clients on a regular basis
One-on-one consults with potential clients to analyze and understand their fitness needs and goals
Designed customized personal fitness programs and personal profiles that will assist in achieving client expectations
Supported and promoted all GoodLife Fitness Programs within all business and training activities
Fun lively energitic workplace
Customer Service Coordinator / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Best place to work as a young adult
helped make people healthy each and every day
sales training is beyond measurable
a place to smile everyday
lots of ladders to climb
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 17, 2016
• Greet visitors or callers and handled their inquiries.
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
• Maintained proper cleanliness in the studio.
• Responsible as a key holder for opening and closing the studio.
• Met daily sale quotas.