GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Good staff and a fun environment
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 29, 2016
*help customers
*sort/ file paperwork
*sell memberships
*deal with fiancées
*great management
*help customers with gym equipment and usuage.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
long hours on feet
fun atmosphere
Personal Trainer / Kickboxing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 26, 2016
very friendly, positive and motivating.
social and outgoing coworkers.
supportive and helpful
enjoy going into work and training clients
Productive and Fun Work Place
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Goodlife is a wonderful place to be apart of.From the management to co-workers it is a very welcoming atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
Fun environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Being a co-op at Goodlife Fitness is an enjoyable experience. The overall environment is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Filling paperwork
Great co-workers, great clients
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A great overall experience that had me leaving each day with the satisfaction of accomplishment. Getting the clients a good experience was paramount.
Works for some not for others.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Excellent work place for someone who wants to dedicate their whole life to fitness and isn't aspiring to be a high level athlete or something that will also be time consuming. Long hours and highly sales driven.
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 17, 2016
• Greet visitors or callers and handled their inquiries.
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
• Maintained proper cleanliness in the studio.
• Responsible as a key holder for opening and closing the studio.
• Met daily sale quotas.
Sales is all they care about
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 15, 2016
In a 40 hour week of personal training training, 1 hour was spent shadowing the manager train someone, at least 6 hours was spent talking about price presentation and sales tactics. All they care about is sales and pressuring you to find clients or else you can't go home
Pros
Nothing is worth it
Cons
Everything about the job
it was a horrible place to work
Fitness Advisor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Job Sucks it was horrible no life balance. I had no day my co workers are great but manager tamer is no good. I had to work 9-9 basically all the time and the manager always told me to get a new haircut. I didn't learn anything.
Good Entry Level
Motivator and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I've met a lot of great people working here. The networking opportunities are unreal and the people I've worked with have been great - except for a handful of bad apples.

However, I'm on my feet all day and I also do a lot of running around (ie, lifting weights off the ground, laundry service for towels, washroom checks, hourly club runs, etc.)

It's great for students as management is very accommodating of school schedules.
Pros
Free membership for yourself, discount memberships for friends and family, networking opportunities
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, management varies from club to club
Fun and exciting place to work
Membership Consultant/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 13, 2016
very motivating to do better and work hard to achieve your goals
Working as a motivator was the best part of working there you really just get to enjoy the company, the gym and the people.
Pros
free membership, and great classes
Cons
if in sale your life belongs to them
Fun busy workplace
Part-time Motivator and Team Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
A wonderful experience working with this organisation. If you have an interest in fitness and like to see people improve themselves then this is the best place to work. The positive attitude and forward minded culture is great to be immersed in. You are encouraged to better yourself by continuous assessment and communication with management, this, I feel is a very clever way of making each associate see how they impact the clients experience and can better themselves too. A good team spirit is crucial to the success of all organisations. David Patchell-Evans has this mastered.
Fun lively energitic workplace
Customer Service Coordinator / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Best place to work as a young adult
helped make people healthy each and every day
sales training is beyond measurable
a place to smile everyday
lots of ladders to climb
Amazng
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Personally couldn't be happier with the company and staff. Great work place environment and fantastic team. Management was very approachable and I honestly do not have a bad thing to say about Good Life Fitness
FUN
GoodLife Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 27, 2015
If you have a passion for fitness this is the place for you. Motivating and energetic people. Peak attitude is a must when motivating other people to work out.
A great place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONDecember 20, 2015
Really enjoy working at GoodLife. Great culture and great people to work with! A great way to stay fit during your work day.
GoodLife Summary
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 14, 2015
I learned alot of independent work skills while working with GoodLife.
The management was hard to work with because he was very biased with concerns and issues. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing friendly faces (members that come in every day).
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Overall Terrible.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Regent, MBDecember 9, 2015
I started out in child minding at goodlife while I was looking into their PT certification course CanFitPro. First off they expect you to watch 25+ children with only one paid worker and a volunteer. If you need something one person has to stay in the room and the other leaves. So not great at all. I then got "promoted" to front desk. Not a very hard job. I can deal with customers but the training side was an embarrassment. Ensure that your staff is fully trained on the policies and paper work before leaving them alone at the front desk. Management overall was terrible. They didn't know how to manage. The assistant manager prided herself on being a b*tch and the general manager was very passive aggressive and couldn't handle certain situations. I then became a trainer. It's great if you want to get started and PRACTICE being a trainer. But anyone can be a trainer at goodlife!!! All you have to do is pay $800 for the weekend course and you're in. Only a few trainers actually cared about furthering their knowledge and cared about their clients. Most trainers were perfectly fine at being mediocre at best. I got in trouble for getting certifications because it made the other trainers on the board look bad. Once you become a trainer you work obscene hours with little to no pay, and are expected to sell training packages which are along the lines of buying a small car. They preach about CARING when really they've turned inot a corporate giant with little to no care for their employees or members. BEWARE OF THE GOODLIFE KOOL-AID.
Pros
Great coworkers if you're lucky and free membership.
Cons
Obscene hours, terrible management, no focus on quality of service, and only cares about making money for the heads of the company.
Job relies on ability to promote yourself
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Expect to spend at least 20 hours a week at the beginning 'prospecting' or directly promoting yourself to the public.

You will not be paid for these hours, they will instead advance you minimum wage/hour out of your eventual commission.

Expect to not have any sort of personal life for the first three months (or you will very likely be quitting).
Pros
Get to set your own schedule
Cons
Long Hours or split shifts are frequently needed.
all that matters with goodlife is how much you sell, they don't care about quality of your service at ALL
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Victoria TerraceNovember 16, 2015
after becoming certified, my first personal training job was with goodlife. I joined them hoping to grow and learn with the "leading fitness industry". shorty after joining them I realised im in the wrong place if I want to be a professional trainer. first of all I looked at other trainers that have been at goodlife for more than 5 years and none of them knew anything other than canfitpros scope of practice. you ask a technical question and they all start scratching their head and dancing around fitness facts sounding like they have no idea what they are talking about. Also, as if this is elementary school, you have to worry about other personal trainers stealing your food, and I swear pigs live cleaner than some of these PTs.

I decided to become a personal trainer to actually change peoples life, but you cannot do that in goodlife. Personal trainers in goodlife have a DAILY meeting in the morning with their managers to tell them how many sessions did they sell the day before, or how many sessions they are hoping to sell on that day. BUT theres no meeting to ask the personal trainers how are they doing with their clients and what are the concerns, or anything about the quality of the service to the clients

to me, Goodlife is a joke and a symbol of corporation greed
Pros
Range of Equipments to use on your own workouts
Cons
long hours, poor management, no respect for quality of service to your clients, feel more like an insurance seller than a personal trainer

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location