GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and exciting place to work
Membership Consultant/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 13, 2016
very motivating to do better and work hard to achieve your goals
Working as a motivator was the best part of working there you really just get to enjoy the company, the gym and the people.
Pros
free membership, and great classes
Cons
if in sale your life belongs to them
Fun busy workplace
Part-time Motivator and Team Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
A wonderful experience working with this organisation. If you have an interest in fitness and like to see people improve themselves then this is the best place to work. The positive attitude and forward minded culture is great to be immersed in. You are encouraged to better yourself by continuous assessment and communication with management, this, I feel is a very clever way of making each associate see how they impact the clients experience and can better themselves too. A good team spirit is crucial to the success of all organisations. David Patchell-Evans has this mastered.
Fun lively energitic workplace
Customer Service Coordinator / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Best place to work as a young adult
helped make people healthy each and every day
sales training is beyond measurable
a place to smile everyday
lots of ladders to climb
Amazng
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Personally couldn't be happier with the company and staff. Great work place environment and fantastic team. Management was very approachable and I honestly do not have a bad thing to say about Good Life Fitness
FUN
GoodLife Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 27, 2015
If you have a passion for fitness this is the place for you. Motivating and energetic people. Peak attitude is a must when motivating other people to work out.
A great place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONDecember 20, 2015
Really enjoy working at GoodLife. Great culture and great people to work with! A great way to stay fit during your work day.
GoodLife Summary
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 14, 2015
I learned alot of independent work skills while working with GoodLife.
The management was hard to work with because he was very biased with concerns and issues. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing friendly faces (members that come in every day).
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Overall Terrible.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Regent, MBDecember 9, 2015
I started out in child minding at goodlife while I was looking into their PT certification course CanFitPro. First off they expect you to watch 25+ children with only one paid worker and a volunteer. If you need something one person has to stay in the room and the other leaves. So not great at all. I then got "promoted" to front desk. Not a very hard job. I can deal with customers but the training side was an embarrassment. Ensure that your staff is fully trained on the policies and paper work before leaving them alone at the front desk. Management overall was terrible. They didn't know how to manage. The assistant manager prided herself on being a b*tch and the general manager was very passive aggressive and couldn't handle certain situations. I then became a trainer. It's great if you want to get started and PRACTICE being a trainer. But anyone can be a trainer at goodlife!!! All you have to do is pay $800 for the weekend course and you're in. Only a few trainers actually cared about furthering their knowledge and cared about their clients. Most trainers were perfectly fine at being mediocre at best. I got in trouble for getting certifications because it made the other trainers on the board look bad. Once you become a trainer you work obscene hours with little to no pay, and are expected to sell training packages which are along the lines of buying a small car. They preach about CARING when really they've turned inot a corporate giant with little to no care for their employees or members. BEWARE OF THE GOODLIFE KOOL-AID.
Pros
Great coworkers if you're lucky and free membership.
Cons
Obscene hours, terrible management, no focus on quality of service, and only cares about making money for the heads of the company.
Job relies on ability to promote yourself
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Expect to spend at least 20 hours a week at the beginning 'prospecting' or directly promoting yourself to the public.

You will not be paid for these hours, they will instead advance you minimum wage/hour out of your eventual commission.

Expect to not have any sort of personal life for the first three months (or you will very likely be quitting).
Pros
Get to set your own schedule
Cons
Long Hours or split shifts are frequently needed.
all that matters with goodlife is how much you sell, they don't care about quality of your service at ALL
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Victoria TerraceNovember 16, 2015
after becoming certified, my first personal training job was with goodlife. I joined them hoping to grow and learn with the "leading fitness industry". shorty after joining them I realised im in the wrong place if I want to be a professional trainer. first of all I looked at other trainers that have been at goodlife for more than 5 years and none of them knew anything other than canfitpros scope of practice. you ask a technical question and they all start scratching their head and dancing around fitness facts sounding like they have no idea what they are talking about. Also, as if this is elementary school, you have to worry about other personal trainers stealing your food, and I swear pigs live cleaner than some of these PTs.

I decided to become a personal trainer to actually change peoples life, but you cannot do that in goodlife. Personal trainers in goodlife have a DAILY meeting in the morning with their managers to tell them how many sessions did they sell the day before, or how many sessions they are hoping to sell on that day. BUT theres no meeting to ask the personal trainers how are they doing with their clients and what are the concerns, or anything about the quality of the service to the clients

to me, Goodlife is a joke and a symbol of corporation greed
Pros
Range of Equipments to use on your own workouts
Cons
long hours, poor management, no respect for quality of service to your clients, feel more like an insurance seller than a personal trainer
personal training at goodlife
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 9, 2015
Manager was not nice, long hours with very low pay. expect you to be a machine. go go go with no stopping. Manager interrogated me everyday
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
long hours no pay
Amazing Culture!
LEARNING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
GoodLife is an amazing place to work with a big focus on culture. Each and every associate should love and breathe the GoodLife core values to really be successful.
It was a productive and fun workplace..
Fitness Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2015
I totally enjoyed helping others achieve their goals...I learned how to deal with all different personalities..
Working with management was very helpful for me to learn
I love being a team player
Most enjoyable was working with the public
Pros
Meeting alot of people that live in the community and welcoming them back
Cons
The administrative stuff
I really miss
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBOctober 20, 2015
I really miss the upbeat atmosphere. I loved crunching sales numbers and developing to be the best I could possibly be. I would 100% recommend this job.
Pros
Working out for free
Cons
Long days
Energetic workplace, terrible work-life balance, no room to grow.
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBOctober 16, 2015
An average day as a personal trainer at GoodLife fitness included meeting new gym members to get them started on training, walking the floors to make sure the gym was tidy, and meeting current clients to train them.
Motivating people towards their goals felt great, but the work-life balance was very hard with the rate of pay.
Pros
Met tons of new people, felt energized at work, best shape of my life.
Cons
long hours, unprofessional management, rate of pay nil for first few weeks of working for them (until you build a client list)
amazing
Personal Trainer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work in because of the supportive management. It has helped me personally grow into a fine personal trainer and a person. Most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Fun, Productive Workplace Environment
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 12, 2015
Making a difference in peoples lives by getting them on a program to be healthy is the most rewarding feeling in the world.

You get intensive training and guidance from your management team.
Great place to work and workout
Motivator (Customer Service Representative) (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, OntarioOctober 10, 2015
Fun work place with great chances to work out and maintain good healthy life. Nice new equipments to work with and good training on how to use gym equipments and safety
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
By yourself on weekends
boring workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 4, 2015
6/10 was okay, not as lively as I thought it would be. Co-workers were good people,learned how to time manage, management was not the best, lacked in some areas, typical day at work would be to check if there is soap, paper towels, clean up equipment, dust down equipment.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
work is too slow
very productive
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  ajaxOctober 1, 2015
Level 2 Personal Trainer
GoodLife Fitness Club, Ajax, ON (Contract) 2014

Maintained a portfolio of 3-5 consistent personal training clients
Sold numerous ‘boot camp’ programs to potential long-term training clients
Used my specialize service of stretching as a means to bring added value and overall holistic training to my clients
Prospected for new clients on a regular basis
One-on-one consults with potential clients to analyze and understand their fitness needs and goals
Designed customized personal fitness programs and personal profiles that will assist in achieving client expectations
Supported and promoted all GoodLife Fitness Programs within all business and training activities

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location