GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Energizing and upbeat
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC20 September 2017
Goodlife Fitness was a fairly good company to work for. They provided everything you'd want in a job. Fun atmosphere, friendly coworkers, energetic workplace. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Goodlife & would work for them again
Great People
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 September 2017
I was with Goodlife for many years. I had a great work life balance. I worked with many great people over the years and met many more great members. The only down sides were the wages and the fact that I was the only one in the club that was trained to do my job, which made it difficult and stressful to get coverage so I could get time off.
Personal Trainer
Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON13 September 2017
really long hours, where every day is a grind, management plays favorites.You are a left to look for your own clients and get little to no assistance from management.
Pros
commission, lots of down time, work your own hours
Cons
Grind, purely commission, poor management, no assistance from management
Pretty good place to work
Motivator/JUMP (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 September 2017
This job has a very good atmosphere. The people are generally nice and the job is not a hard one. A very good environment and I did enjoy my employment when I was there.
Fun workplace, friendly environment.
FITNESS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 September 2017
Working with GoodLife Fitness was a good place for me to work because of the flexibility in hours, but the best part of the job was the people. The club that I worked at had a better, friendlier atmosphere than any other gym in the area.
Great place
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
GoodLife is a super fun place to be and work for as a company. You meet great people and get the chance to really improve social skills as well. Goodlife is a great place to be.
Official response from GoodLife Fitness Clubs
11 October 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. We're happy to hear you had a great GoodLife experience.

Poor Leadership
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
Leadership is weak creating inefficiencies and chaos which ultimately causes those with vision and skill to fall victim to leaders masking their insecurities, unprofessionalism and lack of knowledge.
Pros
beautiful new office space, gym membership perks
Cons
long hours, poor compensation, minimal benefits, no savings options, terrible continuing education, awful travel accomidations
Good, free gym usage
Sales and Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 August 2017
Good, got to use the gym whenever I wanted, felt left out because I was overweight from my coworkers, not a good place to work if you have any sort of social anxiety
Pros
gym use
Cons
selt esteem issues
great friendly place to work
Members Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 August 2017
Great place to work! Friendly and helpful.
They take care of there member experience personal very well. Great training involved so you can be the best at your job.
Official response from GoodLife Fitness Clubs
11 October 2017

Thanks for the great feedback. GoodLife takes great pride in extensive training and development.

Great place to work - Lot's of growth and development opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2017
Really enjoyed my time here. Great atmosphere. Good benefits and perks. Always felt supported from upper management. The culture was one of positivity - you do work hard but helping people and seeing them reach their goals is very rewarding!
Pros
Free Gym membership, Fun place to work, Good Pay
Fun and interesting
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 August 2017
Working at Goodlife fitness showed me how to properly deal with certain situations, it also allowed me to grow and enable my skills usefully to day to day.
Good life fitness
Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2017
I was the temporary closer of the store on a four week contract. I folded towels, documented
new memberships, greeted all guest and whipped down machines.
Pros
good pay, friendly staff, healthy environment
Great workplace
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2017
I love my job at Goodlife fitness, the management is excellent and the environment is well structured. My manager is extremely approachable and reachable when needed.
Great oppertunities to move up if you are a hard worker
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
Lots of activity. Structure to help build your business. Tools are provided to make your business thrive. It is alot of work and if you tend to be a person who doesn't want to work this is not your job. You must be a people person and understand the value of hard work. The culture is fantastic and we have great monthly motivating sales launches. The hardest part of the job is outreach / street reach, trying to find ways to think outside the box to achieve leads for prospective opportunities.
Very Education Work Environmment
Motivator/ Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Interacting with the general public, working in a team environment, learning new skills, being educated on how to look after your health and then passing that on to the members, work place culture always great, management communication superb, most enjoyable part of the job... everything.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Waste of 2 years
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 July 2017
Clients were the best part, the rest is history and nothing good to say about it. Hopefully the unionization process goes through soon for trainers still there. Very high turn over rate.
Cons
only being paid when training, expected to do alot of free consults/cleaning/floor walks
GoodLife Fitness
Personal Fitness Trainer, Fitness manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 July 2017
Good company to work for overall. I would give them 3/5 stars. The management lacks personal relationships with there employees, and fails to support other management.
Pros
multicultural environment
Cons
the pay structure, and management
Fun environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
I love my team of personal trainers, we are very close. The front desk employees are separate from us so we don't often cross paths. I don't like how expensive the programs costs but if you are looking for quality a level 3 or higher trainer is worth your while. Be careful who trains you though, be thorough in your trainer selection.
Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2017
Great place to work! Lots of room for advancement and supportive management. Many roles to suit all strengths. Would reccomend to anyone looking to make a health change!
Great people to work with in club
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS19 July 2017
I loved my job while I was there as a motivator but it always felt like the only thing the company cared about was money and not their members. Working as a motivator offered great flexibility with school, but any other position I would not work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.