GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

I love the Company Culture and Vision
Manager Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2016
I had the pleasure of working for GoodLIfe Fitness for 10 year. It wasn't always easy, but was a great experience.

The company was growing so if you worked hard you would be rewarded. The training I received as a Manager and various other roles was amazing. I learned a lot about how to run a business, leadership, and mentoring others.

The most challenging parts were for many of the employees this was a first job or something they thought would be fun/easy. It is a business just like any other so it can be fun, but you have to put in effort, time, and a positive attitude to be successful.

A big part of working for GoodLife is the culture, which I loved. It was great working with other people to help the members achieve their goals. It was also rewarding to see your team members grow and achieve their personal goal.
Fun work with high ethics and development
General Manager, Canyon Meadows location (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2015
During my time in my current position of general manager at GoodLife, I have successfully managed the club and a big team by making sure all the policies are being followed , focusing on health and safety of members and staff.\ and delivering a great customer service experience.

My day is very structured starts with lots of meetings in the morning then have an action plan for the day and make sure all the expectation are being met.
Pros
good culture, great support, fun enviroment, healthy and fit people, benefits
Cons
long hours, repetitive work
easy going
Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I have been with the company for over eight years. Its a great atmosphere and easy going, fantastic coworkers and members. I recomend to work with this fast growing company
Pros
easy going
Productive place to work, but bad turn over rate
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job, and the customers and clients we had. The environment was not very appealing and I often left feeling under appreciated. Sadly this location closed.
If you like the gym
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
Goodlife is the name in health and fitness facilities throughout Canada. Working for the goodlife team was a great experience and offered alot of growth within the health and fitness field.
Experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Goodlife fitness was an amazing opportunity for me. I got the chance to work there through a summer jobs program and I loved it. The environment was great and so were the people.
Customers Rock /Management in need of a Manager
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario Tecumseh Mall21 March 2016
I absolutely loved interacting and motivating clients along their journey towards achieving a more active healthy lifestyle. Watching clients transformations as the set goals and reached each mileston. It was truly an honour to encourage them to keep on keeping on motivating them to stay focused and motivated when they may not necessarily be seeing physical results or have reached a plateau. Revisiting or revising activity and exercise plans as their needs and fitness goals change or are meet exceeded or no longer meet their visions for living and achieving their best possible selves and lives.
Pros
Scheduling flexibility and opportunity to pick up additional shifts.
Cons
Management high overturn due to young and inexperienced management team.
Goodlife Fitness
Motivator, Front desk worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 October 2016
The atmosphere was great, interacting with new people all the time. However it can be quite boring when its a slow day. Overall a great place to work and a fun atmosphere. Always felt like a family there.
Tough bu rewarding
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2016
I love to encourage, inspire, and motivate others to achieve their fitness goals and I was able to accomplish this at Goodlife. I found out the hard way that you're expected to be more of a salesman than a trainer which I disliked.
This place is an absolute toilet
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa18 October 2013
No pay, no benefits, no time off. Want to work a 60-80 hour week, days, evenings, weekends and receive no pay or benefits? Then GoodLife Penitentiary is the place for you. That and the management are essentially adult children. Their job advertisements include "Competitive base salary" ($0.00/hour), "Benefits package" (just kidding) and "flexible hours" (as in ALL the hours). Don't be fooled, flipping burgers, delivering flyers, or stripping will all pay you better - by better, I mean at all.
Pros
Other Personal Trainers are kind and supportive
Cons
Long hours, no pay, no benefits, no days off, punished for sick days, berated by management, garbage company. The whole thing is basically one big scam.
Great Place to work
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 January 2017
A great place to work with friendly people around. If you workout you will love it. If you do not, might as well give it a try.
goodlife
personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 September 2016
Goodlife is a great company to work for
I have worked with them for 2 years
they are eager to help develop your roles and learn new things
my coworkers are amazing
and I have a lot of fun everyday
My position at GoodLife
Reception, Administration, CS (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 October 2013
I have gained a lot of experience as a receptionist and administrative assistant. I have perfected my skills in working as a team or by myself, whenever needed. I have learnt to work under a lot of stress, though not desired.
My day consists of greeting clients, answering incoming calls, making outbound calls to current clients, working in team or alone, reporting to the General Manager or Assistant General Manager, building a good rapport with clients, co-workers and managers.
Hardest part of the job is working understaffed, not getting a deserving raise, working with constant changes in staff and management, as well as tremendous amount of issues from clients, stress.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with pleasant clients and co-workers, having an understanding Manager, perks to using the fitness club for myself and family.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
stress
Fitness Instructor
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 November 2016
Great, friendly environment with many locations and areas to choose from. Fantastic variety of programs to accomodate everyone.
Fun workplace
Jump! Child Minding Associate (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 October 2016
Fun workplace. Co-workers are excellent and the atmosphere is inviting and friendly. Your workday is much easier as it is a fast paced environment
Pros
very flexible hours
It's a Great day at GoodLife
Fitness Trainer (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
I am a strong believer in GoodLife's Core Values, and have adapted them to everyday life.

I love to culture of the company, and everyone I work with; including managers who are encouraging and willing to mentor you to move up in the company.
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2016
good work place and employees, made great friendships and also was able to learn a lot with handling clients as they had a fitness goal to achieve, i was able to offer guidence
na
PT (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 July 2016
should have been unionized. working for free does not help individuals provide for their family. Company does not actually want personal training to be a career.
Great Experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2016
Great place to start off. I worked here for 7 years and I would never change it for the world, My superiors were fabulous. Alot of growth and networking done.
Fun workplace, but can't be a long term.
PART TIME OVERNIGHT MOTIVATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 June 2016
Typical day at work; greeting the guest, make them feel awesome every time they come in the club.
Opportunities to meet lots of people with different profile.
Some are very HOT and healthy, and some are not but with the willingness to reach their target goals. and we, as motivator, our job is to keep them motivated whenever we see them coming in the gym.
Pros
free gym membership, towel service. you work on your own.
Cons
sometimes it's boring! lol

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location